The increase of maritime commerce in the area and the development of minerary activities on île de Zeus are transforming the once marginal city of Astrapi in a higly populated and lively colony. One of the most evident sign of this change is the growth of the market, held twice a week by arisans, farmers and merchants: where a year ago you would have found only a couple of rough stalls, fresh fruit and some fish, now you can see, all around the main square, a number of well refined stalls, covered with colorful cloths and selling almost any good cultivated, crafted or woven in the archipelago.

Here you can see a man selling wines and liquors produced in Breshaun...

41736247412_73718dc744_z.jpg

...a greengrocer showing a pineapple, a quite expensive delicacy since there is only one large-scale plantation of this tropical fruit in the area...

41777418921_9371a6fc1f_z.jpg

...a local fisherman...

40878314845_d9ee42f6fa_z.jpg

...a cart with fresh bread and sacks of hardtacks from a near bakery...

40878324615_74b4bbf1f0_z.jpg

...a foreign food seller, with his embers-heated rotating meat (inspired to  @Legostone's one), typical of Southern Oleon...

41059962244_1f9b6c0504_z.jpg

...and a strange man selling strange maps, showing (as he says) "the routes towards the golden kingdoms of the South".

27908865238_17ff13d0cb_z.jpg

An overall view:

40878335535_7068fccaa2_z.jpg

That is one busy market, I really like the atmosphere you've created. 

As others have said, a very lively market. Each picture looks very crowded, and the diverse crowd means that each picture is also unique with lots of details worth looking at. I also like how each stall is unique, both in terms of wares and construction. Well done. 

That's a nice market, busy and full of life !!

And the minifig posing is cool !

Special mention to the map seller  and the rotating meat :thumbup:

Edited by Professor Thaum

Very nice.  Your photos give a great sense of a crowded atmosphere.

A second shwarma shop in BoBS?  It has become a thing!

Great market scene, full of details and clever little builds - and so busy. Awesome!

The irregular base is an excellent idea to support the crowded scene, as is the choice to go for different stall builds. The minifig posing is also very well done. Last, but absolutely not least: I love the inclusion of so many other stories (like the pineapple field, or the Kebap store). Well done! :thumbup:

Wow, nice assortment of people, parts and awesome tents! I am also quite fond of the irregular base of yours. Well played :wink:

Thank you for your comments! It was one of my first builds with an irregular base, and I’m glad you liked it. Stalls and minifig posing were funny to realize, but taking close pictures without killing anyone/destroy anything wasn’t easy!

On 30/4/2018 at 1:10 AM, Kwatchi said:

Very nice.  Your photos give a great sense of a crowded atmosphere.

A second shwarma shop in BoBS?  It has become a thing!

Who knows, kebab-eating pirates are surely something new... :pir_tong2: