4 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Is it possible to change the black bevel gears in the center to 16-tooth gears to speed up the outriggers?

Those black gears are part of the drivetrain that pushes the outriggers outwards into the X-shape. I think that function is at a decent speed. (and no, it is not possible, there is a 16T gear below it at a 1 stud offset. That would have to change to a 20T gear, but then it would mesh two 16T gears at the same time).
I used the colourcoding also on the gears (where possible). So the black function (spreading the outriggers) uses the black 20T gears, whereas extending the outriggers (yellow function) uses tan 20T gears and the extending of the feet (red function) also uses the tan 20T gears. It is the 8T gear to worm gear that is making the extension of the feet really slow. But I don't know how to get rid of that one, since the space is very limited there because the superstructure will be right above it.

But thanks for thinking along.

In the close up picture you posted last, what does the gearbox shifter do that is to the left of the picture?  Change the steering mode?  outrigger function? 

It looks to me like its one "shifter" but changes 3 gear selectors.  

1 minute ago, aminnich said:

In the close up picture you posted last, what does the gearbox shifter do that is to the left of the picture?  Change the steering mode?  outrigger function? 

It looks to me like its one "shifter" but changes 3 gear selectors.  

It switches three functions at the same time (just like the 8043). In the position it is now the motors drive the three outrigger functions (spread, extend, lower). When switched to the other side the motors drive the drivetrain (drive, steering, switch steering mode). In total the carrier has four motors, three for the functions and one to switch between the functions.

Hi,

Time for another update. This time it is the superstructure:

41493763434_e622c9634a_b.jpg

It is packed with functions, all RC, 13 in total. 12 are actual functions organized in 4 groups of 3 functions each and one is the switching between the groups of functions. I use 4 motors in the carrier, 2 L-motors and 1 XL motor for the functions and 1 M-motor for switching between the groups. Together with the 4 motors of the carrier this gives a total of 8 motors, which means that it is possible to use 4 remotes and control everything with this one überremote (in practice I use only two remotes, I simply switch channels when going from carrier control to superstructure control.

Here is an overview of the function groups:

• Group 1
    • Yellow: Rotating the arm of the cabin
    • Black: Raising and lowering the cabin
    • Red: Tilting the cabin
  • Group 2
    • Yellow: Winch 1
    • Black: Winch 2
    • Red: Boom function 1 (which will be extending the boom. This way it is possible to extend the boom and wind down the winches at the same time)
  • Group 3
    • Yellow: Boom function 2
    • Black: Boom function 3
    • Red: Rotate the superstructure
  • Group 4
    • Yellow: Boom function 4
    • Black: Raising and lowering the counterweight
    • Red: Raising and lowering the boom

As you can see there are 4 functions going into the boom. Since the load on the pivotpoint of the boom will be massive I made sure that the gears that transfer these functions to the boom are not loadbearing. Here is a close-up shot of the area where the boom will be connected:

40407827030_3a3c2aa430_c.jpg

The four red clutchgears at the top are the ones that will connect to a similar set of gears in the boom. This construction will also make it fairly easy to dismount the boom. It will be a simple matter of pulling out four axles and then the boom is loose.

Here is a video to showcase all functions (or at least the ones that are in the superstructure itself):

And finally a shot of the superstructure mounted on the carrier:

40407827270_fc6f477eea_b.jpg

Comments and questions are welcome as always,

Leg godt,

Jeroen

10 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Nice functions! Will more body be added?

Thx. I wasn't planning on adding more body, but maybe I should reconsider. You mean in the triangular areas?

Unreacheable level. So serious so complex and so beautiful. Music matches here 146% !

Hope one day i can build this beauty! Ss many builders tried to build ltm 11200....

Oh, questions of course:

What boom configuration do you plan to build? Just telescopic oh with any attachments? How many telescopic sections?

Will you use Y-arranjements? Please do it!

1 hour ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Thx. I wasn't planning on adding more body, but maybe I should reconsider. You mean in the triangular areas?

There and above the gearbox I suggest.

I have voiced my fascination before here with cranes. There are some doozies out there.... but this may just take the cake.  I will be a follower of this tread....

hey @Jeroen Ottens

One epic build for sure, don't you think that the boom raising is even too slow. You wrote: "this is  very slow" in the Video, but how long does it take in minutes to fully extend the boom?

Incredible WIP! The 42009 crane was the set that got me into building Technic and one of only a few official sets that I display. This gives me good reason to start taking it apart!  Amazing build!  

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone :thumbup:, I really appreciate that.

2 hours ago, Aleh said:

Unreacheable level. So serious so complex and so beautiful. Music matches here 146% !

Hope one day i can build this beauty! Ss many builders tried to build ltm 11200....

Oh, questions of course:

What boom configuration do you plan to build? Just telescopic oh with any attachments? How many telescopic sections?

Will you use Y-arranjements? Please do it!

For now I am thinking 4 stage telescopic. And yes the Y-arms will be on there as well :wink:

44 minutes ago, KikoTube said:

hey @Jeroen Ottens

One epic build for sure, don't you think that the boom raising is even too slow. You wrote: "this is  very slow" in the Video, but how long does it take in minutes to fully extend the boom?

The speed of raising the boom is indeed really, really slow. It takes about 3 minutes to fully extend the cylinders. I tried to gear it down to get enough power to lift the boom, which is going to be very heavy. But it can well be that even this much downgearing is not enough to get it going (the first few degrees are the hardest). If it turns out I can't get it to move the first part I can gear it up a bit and compromise on the boom lifting capacity.

6 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone :thumbup:, I really appreciate that.

For now I am thinking 4 stage telescopic. And yes the Y-arms will be on there as well :wink:

The speed of raising the boom is indeed really, really slow. It takes about 3 minutes to fully extend the cylinders. I tried to gear it down to get enough power to lift the boom, which is going to be very heavy. But it can well be that even this much downgearing is not enough to get it going (the first few degrees are the hardest). If it turns out I can't get it to move the first part I can gear it up a bit and compromise on the boom lifting capacity.

I would not worry about it much.  First, I personally would prefer slow to any jerking... and going slow will decrease any.  We are working with ABS after-all, some concessions have to be made. 

Do you plan to build a truck/trailer setup for the boom or will be the type that is attached during transport? 

it's coming along epic-ally. Really looking forward to seeing all the major components come together.

21 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Okay, sounds good! Are there any official times in which the cylinders are fully extended, or is it possible to see it in a video somehow? Would be cool, if that could be in original speed.

But seriously, this is complaining on the highest level which is possible. Very awesome model!

Your crane greatly resembles this one in terms of solutions.(superstructure)

Great progress however, and what a monster build! Following.

11 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Your crane greatly resembles this one in terms of solutions.(superstructure)

Great progress however, and what a monster build! Following.

Yes, it resembles greatly, since it's this model:

:wink: