@Jeroen Ottens Very reasonable reasoning :thumbup:

From the other hand you may offer people to feel free in choosing colors for build. As for me for example - I have very a few red and yellow axles, but have hundreds of black and grey..

I saw your post and very details to have look at photos, i think still have too much problems in your 11200 turntable, 

Wow - stunning update and it's really wonderful to see it coming together and the changes along the way to improve it. I'm getting really excited about seeing a copy of this one next to Gerger's 6400.

@Jeroen Ottens sorry for neglecting your build for a while but it is really massive - you have created a monster ? ?

If I have missed some posts, how many parts in total did you implement in crane already?

(It looks to me that you could end in 10 000 parts area ?)

22 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

@Jeroen Ottens sorry for neglecting your build for a while but it is really massive - you have created a monster ? ?

If I have missed some posts, how many parts in total did you implement in crane already?

(It looks to me that you could end in 10 000 parts area ?)

Current part count is ~7400 parts.

21 hours ago, shineyu said:

I saw your post and very details to have look at photos, i think still have too much problems in your 11200 turntable, 

The turntable is indeed not functioning properly. I have to see if I can redesign it such that the rollerbearing can work more smoothly. That might help in getting it to work.

1 hour ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Current part count is ~7400 parts.

That is also huge number of parts...my models look like economic class when parts count is the criteria ?

Hello, any progress. Didn't see your new updated for a while. I want to see the final Moc. Thanks,

I let myself to say that instructions are ready and are in the review stage.

@Jeroen Ottens, forgot to ask - what is a feature of the winch which goes to the boom section in many layers? Boom is raised using mechanical torgue but not winch. And do you have any kind of partlist? 

Further more, the Y-arrangement has two own small winches in it's ends. Hope you implement real technologies in your model, which became the most expected ever.

Edited by Aleh

10 hours ago, Aleh said:

I let myself to say that instructions are ready and are in the review stage.

@Jeroen Ottens, forgot to ask - what is a feature of the winch which goes to the boom section in many layers? Boom is raised using mechanical torgue but not winch. And do you have any kind of partlist? 

Further more, the Y-arrangement has two own small winches in it's ends. Hope you implement real technologies in your model, which became the most expected ever.

The boom is too heavy to lift it with the brickbuilt actuators. So I had to compromise and I decided it is way cooler to have a remote controlled raise function than to have a model which looks like the real thing, but isn't able to lift it's own boom.

The Y-arrangements do have small winches in their ends.

I have published the preliminary partslist on Rebrickable. But be aware, this partslist is not the final one. I know for sure already that there are a couple of pins and connectors in the wrong quantities. But on the total of 7737 parts it will be hardly noticeable :laugh:.

The boom is too heavy to lift it with the brickbuilt actuators. So I had to compromise and I decided it is way cooler to have a remote controlled raise function than to have a model which looks like the real thing, but isn't able to lift it's own boom.

Understand! Totally agree with this solution!

The Y-arrangements do have small winches in their ends.

RC?! Or how are supposed to be operated? I reckon they are manual.

Anyway, their presens isa very goood news!

I have published the preliminary partslist on Rebrickable. But be aware, this partslist is not the final one. I know for sure already that there are a couple of pins and connectors in the wrong quantities. But on the total of 7737 parts it will be hardly noticeable :laugh:.

Thanks for sharing. I'm try to remember how to compare this list with my collection.

How much will be the price? Feel free to PM me if you wish.

24 minutes ago, Aleh said:

How much will be the price? Feel free to PM me if you wish.

Bricklink auto-finder, mixed new and used, gives me €925 + shipping....

35 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Bricklink auto-finder, mixed new and used, gives me €925 + shipping....

Oh, my mistake - I wonder about the price of instructions.

Though, 925 Euro is not too much for this the hugest model.

6 hours ago, Aleh said:

@Jeroen Ottens Hey! When approximately are you going to release the crane?

I hope to get everything before Christmas. But there is still some work to do, so it will be tight I'm afraid.

On 12/4/2018 at 12:14 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

I hope to get everything before Christmas. But there is still some work to do, so it will be tight I'm afraid.

@Jeroen Ottens Happy Holidays! More than month has gone, so I wonder about the progress. Did any changes occure?

Edited by Aleh

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

@Jeroen Ottens Happy Holidays! More than month has gone, so I wonder about the progress. Did any changes occure?

We are finishing the instructions as we speak. It is only the front cover that is missing. The whole book is now 1173 pages (excluding the front cover). So bear with me for just a few more days and then it will be available.

46 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

We are finishing the instructions as we speak. It is only the front cover that is missing. The whole book is now 1173 pages (excluding the front cover). So bear with me for just a few more days and then it will be available.

That's a terrific news! I wonder else who includes "we" - do you have a team? :classic:

52 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

:thumbup::thumbup::wink:

2 minutes ago, Aleh said:

That's a terrific news! I wonder else who includes "we" - do you have a team? :classic:

@legolijntje is helping me out on the instructions, he is much better at that than I am.

Just now, Jeroen Ottens said:

@legolijntje is helping me out on the instructions, he is much better at that than I am.

I understand. I also not good at all this designing soft. 

4 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Great news, I've had my fingers crossed that the instructions would be available in the new year. Will you be making them available on Rebrickable or only on your website?

@Jeroen Ottens, hello!

Greate project!
My mobile crane is smaller, only LTM1250 and it is in WIP in almost begining since autumn 2015! :grin:

You can see the base of mobile part of the crane at the video.
it shows riding, steering usual and crab and INDEPENDENT outrigers!

this is just a prototype to check some ideas and functions. The goal is to make all Power Function remote.
PA243000_thumb.jpg

Edited by chubays

Hi,

The instructions are done! They are available on my website (and will soon be available via Rebrickable as well).

45753877625_8653e87d4b_b.jpg

I'll do a longer write-up later, but here is a bit of text on the functions:

The model has 8 motors equally divided between the carrier and the superstructure. In the carrier one motor is used for switching, whereas the other three are used to drive different functions depending on the position of that switch. It has two positions. In position 1 the three motors are used for driving, steering and switching the steeringmode (you can steer normally, or you can crabsteer). In position 2 the three motors are used to expand the outriggers, elongate the outriggers and finally extend the outrigger feet.

In the superstructure a similar setup is used, only this time there are four positions for the switch. Which gives 12 different functions that can be remotely controlled. Of these 12 functions 8 are located in the superstructure itself:

• Rotating the superstructure *

• Raising/lowering the counterweight

• Raising/lowering the hook

• Raising/lowering the boom via the cylinders

• Raising/lowering the boom via the rope-and-pulley system

• Raising/lowering the arm of the operator cabin

• Rotating the arm of the operator cabin

• Tilting the operator cabin

And 4 functions are routed onto the boom:

• Extending the 4 section boom *

• Spreading the stabilizer arms

• Tilting the stabilizer arms *

• Raising/lowering the supporting legs (needed in case the boom has to be transported separately from the rest of the crane)

This model was always intended to push the edge of the possibilities with LEGO Technic. And unfortunately that edge pushed back. The model is incredibly complex (as an example: it uses over 300 gears) and doing all that in plastic proved to be too difficult for some functions. The functions with an asterisk require manual assistance when operating. And believe me, even though lifting the boom is possible by combining the cylinders and the rope-pulley system, it is really scary to see how much force is going through all that plastic.

Nevertheless, I feel that this model does not meet my quality standards. I therefor decided that I will offer instructions at 50% of the intended price, which means you can buy the instructions for 37.50 euros instead of 75 euros. You will be able to pay full price for the instructions if you want to encourage me to keep pushing the Technic boundaries.

The partslist can be found here. I have done my best to make sure it is right, but with 7692 parts it is easy to make a mistake...

Like I said, I will do a longer writeup later (and include photos and a video of the total model).

Leg godt,

Jeroen