Just a short way from the docks in Fatu Hiva lays a smallish boarding house that has become a regular haunt for the sailors of the FTA.  With comfortable beds, a pleasant host, and fair rates it is no wonder that they choose this boarding house every time they make port.

Lodging House.lxfLodging House.lxfLodging House inside.lxfLodging House room.lxf

Here a sailor enjoys the peacefulness of his back room. Every room comes complete with horse hair bed, dresser, shelves, and a pot to piss in.  (disclaimer: there is not a chamber maid to empty your pot so it is your responsibility)

OOC:

Since I am away from my bricks for an unknown amount of time I decided I would download LDD and give it a go.  After a rather frustrating first couple hours and a few PM's to @Professor Thaum and @Bart (Thanks again for the help fellas) I figured out how to maneuver and manipulate the bricks the way I wanted.  This marks my very first build in LDD (not counting the playing around trying to figure it out build lol)  Comments and Criticism are greatly Appreciated as I want to improve my LDD skills ... also this is my first use of BlueRender no settings changed from the installed version

Dude, this is a very fine build for a first time!

Nice work on the irregular base and the vine. 
Your sign is upside down though :P but maybe that is on purpose

I'll be on the look out for what else you manage to build in LDD!

Bart

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

For a first LDD trial, that's a pretty great one... can't wait for the others

Thanks .... me too

13 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

This is pretty impressive for your first LDD build! Nicely detailed!

Thank you ... I am pretty happy with the results as well ... I think I finally understand how you can turn out builds so fast ... its great having such a selection of brick at your fingertips.

7 minutes ago, Bart said:

Dude, this is a very fine build for a first time!

Nice work on the irregular base and the vine. 
Your sign is upside down though :P but maybe that is on purpose

I'll be on the look out for what else you manage to build in LDD!

Bart

Yes I did the sign upside down on purpose ... was hoping to make a Lantern there but I'm not ready yet lol.  The sign the other way looked too low.  Thanks for the compliments.

I like the base very much; irregular, colours work perfectly, and the two levels with the mixed cobblestones work fantastically. Great work here.

I can only echo others: for a first LDD build this one is pretty spectacular. It is actually hard to believe that it is a first try - taken as a compliment I hope! :pir-grin:

I like the build a lot. The way the outside is done (irregular, layered) adds a lot. The choice of colours is excellent. If I could change anything, it would be some additional details on the inside, where the scene looks a little bit empty. That is due to the inexperience with LDD I assume, and not a big deal anyway.

An overall great MOC, especially given the circumstances, very well done! :thumbup:

22 hours ago, Elostirion said:

I like the base very much; irregular, colours work perfectly, and the two levels with the mixed cobblestones work fantastically. Great work here.

Thanks I was actually worried about the cobblestone and the second level working out.  

9 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Great work RoadmonkeyTJ

Thank you Sir

45 minutes ago, Drunknok said:

I can only echo others: for a first LDD build this one is pretty spectacular. It is actually hard to believe that it is a first try - taken as a compliment I hope! :pir-grin:

I like the build a lot. The way the outside is done (irregular, layered) adds a lot. The choice of colours is excellent. If I could change anything, it would be some additional details on the inside, where the scene looks a little bit empty. That is due to the inexperience with LDD I assume, and not a big deal anyway.

An overall great MOC, especially given the circumstances, very well done! :thumbup:

I am no stranger to building in CAD so LDD seemingly came pretty easy I guess ... But I am glad that this turned out so well and that its a h

As for the detail on the inside ... a typical rented room would not have much furniture in it.  the only thing I could have added was maybe a wash bowl and a chair which in my mind was on the other wall of the room that's cut off.  Think low budget youth hostel .... and that's what I was going for.

Just now, Roadmonkeytj said:

As for the detail on the inside ... a typical rented room would not have much furniture in it.  the only thing I could have added was maybe a wash bowl and a chair which in my mind was on the other wall of the room that's cut off.  Think low budget youth hostel .... and that's what I was going for.

I had things like a chandelier on one of the walls or a chair to the scene. Those could of course very well be in the scene, unseen. I can not judge a build on what might be outside of it though. :pir-grin:

You are of course right about the "low budget hostel" look, and I guess a lack of furniture is also quite appropriate for the setting. :thumbup:

On 4/30/2018 at 1:00 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Great one! Nice colors and building design! Cut out is spot on and I also like the base.

Thanks ... I had fun with the base as I did it after the building was finished ... Upside down lol