Jerac

SFS TIE/x1 Advanced

22 hours ago, Jerac said:

I used small minifig axes in the prototype (old firemen figs used those). Screwdrivers are more clean/elegant solution but what you need is actually a tiny piece of bar sticking out of headlight brick. If you have a piece of flex hose to cut, it would be perfect; you can get away with little 1-stud-long pieces if you wish.

Awesome, 

I'm so pumped up to build this! Will post pictures of the collection when complete

Finally!!! 

I have been waiting for this one since I saw your first design.
I will get it first thing after my next paycheck and try to get the parts for it.

Thank you so much Jerac and looking forward to your X-wing counterpart for this.

Jerac, I'm curious why you built the guns/window attachment/controls differently for Vader's tie than your regular tie fighter.  They're basically identical in the movies, right?  I've built your standard TF, and I wasn't satisfied with the solidness of the front bits, or the T-pieces sticking out next to the guns.  I was thinking of trying to copy the lower front from your Vader tie.  Is this a new and improved version, in your mind?

On 10/20/2019 at 8:37 PM, 20feet said:

Jerac, I'm curious why you built the guns/window attachment/controls differently for Vader's tie than your regular tie fighter.  They're basically identical in the movies, right?  I've built your standard TF, and I wasn't satisfied with the solidness of the front bits, or the T-pieces sticking out next to the guns.  I was thinking of trying to copy the lower front from your Vader tie.  Is this a new and improved version, in your mind?

Proportions. The x1 has 9-"long" ball while standard TIE has 8-"long", as it looked better. This in turn allowed me to make better gun & cockpit canopy mounting. But yes, I can't say I am fond of the original design anymore. Sadly, updating an existing design is a complicated process so it got stuck, two times already...

Edited by Jerac

Ya, I’ve noticed there isn’t space on the standard TIE for this style of mount. I’ll let you know if I figure out a better solution ?

Does anyone know why all these TIEs seem to be harder to buy parts for recently? Used to be the parts for an interceptor were about 100-120 dollars, but now it seems like it's more around 150-200 with upwards of ten different stores

2020 is going to be tough for my wallet...

my list of MOCs to build is a bit too long... my heart says the contrary but my head says I should have some in 2020 and the rest in 2021 onwards...

all TIEs from Jerac will definitely be on my list

11 hours ago, caperica said:

Does anyone know why all these TIEs seem to be harder to buy parts for recently? Used to be the parts for an interceptor were about 100-120 dollars, but now it seems like it's more around 150-200 with upwards of ten different stores

Probably because a lot of people have been making other peoples MOC's lately lol

On 1/7/2020 at 2:03 AM, caperica said:

LBG parts are just expensive in general, the TIE cockpit window parts would be pretty expensive too, not to mention the quarter dome pieces as well

Your models astound me. Each and every one of them is gobs better than the official LEGO kits. I intend on buying some of your instructions for these soon. Keep up the good work!

Excellent MOC! This is the best TIE Advanced I've ever seen in Lego. Is it too heavy/not sturdy for children to play with?  

This model is superb!  One of my favourites build from the BrickVault collection.

I did a video showcase of the model on my channel and also talk about several things I'd recommend you do when building this model to make the build easier and to get a better finished model.

@lenzie Great quality and review, thanks for that, subscribed right away. Got all pieces collected already, the tie adv is waiting to be build since several weeks. this video makes me wanna start immediately haha Saw that you have good tips on the x wing as well, that'll be the next collection project, hopefully helpful to save money while ordering pieces i don't own. for jeracs y wing the last missing pieces are currently being processed by lego B&P and the razor crest stuff is in the mail. I am a bit of a sucker for jeracs models haha :))) 

On 4/17/2021 at 4:23 PM, neroart said:

@lenzie Great quality and review, thanks for that, subscribed right away. Got all pieces collected already, the tie adv is waiting to be build since several weeks. this video makes me wanna start immediately haha Saw that you have good tips on the x wing as well, that'll be the next collection project, hopefully helpful to save money while ordering pieces i don't own. for jeracs y wing the last missing pieces are currently being processed by lego B&P and the razor crest stuff is in the mail. I am a bit of a sucker for jeracs models haha :))) 

Hi Neroart - I've not been on Eurobricks for a while and I just saw your post. 

How did you go with the Tie Advanced Build? 

...like you I am a big fan of Jerac's work.  I recently built his Claptrap and Rick's ship models, and love them!  I also have the parts for his: Y-wing, Tie fighter and A-wing models but finding the time to get them built is tough.  I've built his Tie Bomber which is superb, I'll feature that on my channel at some point!  All the best to you with your builds, especially for the Razor Crest!

Jerac's Tie Advanced is one of, if not my favorite, star wars MOC of all time.  The accuracy of the profile still blows me away every time I look at it. The fact that the rear saucer panel slopes downward inline with the original studio model... who would even think to try to do that?  Jerac. 

10 hours ago, lenzie said:

Hi Neroart - I've not been on Eurobricks for a while and I just saw your post. 

How did you go with the Tie Advanced Build? 

...like you I am a big fan of Jerac's work.  I recently built his Claptrap and Rick's ship models, and love them!  I also have the parts for his: Y-wing, Tie fighter and A-wing models but finding the time to get them built is tough.  I've built his Tie Bomber which is superb, I'll feature that on my channel at some point!  All the best to you with your builds, especially for the Razor Crest!

Hi lenzie, 

the Tie Advanced build was superb :)  It was so much fun and there were quite a few build steps which just made you smile and wonder how jerac came up with these. Your tip from the review regarding the attachment of the side panels was helpful, as it also worked a lot better for me this way around instead of the suggested way in the instructions.

Regarding the other builds: I was quite fortunate to purchase around 25 kg of lose lego bricks from a family whose kids (thought) they were too old for lego now, loads of lbg, dbg, white and black pieces. With this stash I was able to collect (over the course of about half a year) roughly 60-90% of the pieces required for the following models (mostly jerac/brickvault builds) : tie adv, tie fighter, tie Interceptor, tie first order, tie bomber, a-wing, y-wing, x-wing, jedi interceptors red/yellow, snowspeeder and the razor crest. the rest cam from bricklink and lego.

Having the May off this year I was already able to build the a-wing (the building step for the round side panels and cone shaped pieces at the side was awesome!!!) such a fun build! this weekend finished the y-wing. the details are stunning, somehow you have the feeling that the greebling is arranged in three layers. the angles and techniques on the cockpit are fun as well. Next up, i think, will be the razor crest, before the new job starts in June :)

@jerac thank you for these fun experiences! I love when you get to a step in the instructions and cannot stop smiling and wondering how on earth this is possible. 

p.s. the brickvault snowspeeder is also a lot of fun. though the two front panels drove me nuts :D