40413932022_767a54870d_c.jpg

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6

Episode 7 - here you are.

And so all of the Corries had ended up in the water (well, some were still on there way, but they were working on it).  Colonel Greybeard, however, was not ready to give up.

"I'm not to be duped, troop!  Look, I spy a sloop!"

And so saying, he swam quickly to the sloop resting beside the quay nearby, and clambered on board, followed by his men.

Troop%2C%20to%20the%20Sloop%21%20%282%29.JPG

Sergeant Salt and a private leaped off the dock as the Colonel trimmed the sail and started moving after the escaping ship, but just then a horseman behind them bellowed out, 

"Jolly Molly, Colonel Greybeard, my old fellow, is that you?  What is the rush, by good chap, if I may make so bold as to ask, mayhap?"

Troop%2C%20to%20the%20Sloop%21%20%281%29.JPG

Colonel Greybeard turned and saw his old mate in military school, Marshall Shallmall.

"We're after that scoundrel of a highwayman, mate, and I have no doubt we'll catch him soon going at this rate!  They've got a head start, men and mice, but 'tis no great shakes!"

"Got room for one more old messmate?" inquired the Marshall, and without waiting for an answer, he and his horse leapt bodily over the quay's barrier and into the water, almost smashing poor Lieutenant Stick to powder.

Troop%2C%20to%20the%20Sloop%21%20%283%29.JPG

"Oh dear," exclaimed the latter - and even the bubbly Sergeant Salt looked a wee bit concerned as the Marshall and his horse clambered on board.

From the shore they heard the sloop's owner - also the head of the Eslandolan Furniture and Goods Moving Co.'s branch in Cocovia - calling out, "Wait, wait!  My boat!" - but by this time they were well on there way.  And besides, Colonel Greybeard had all of Corrington's commandeer laws down pat...

Troop%2C%20to%20the%20Sloop%21%20%284%29.JPG

In the background a WTC soldier sneaked off with a crate of important goods.

... To be continued...

Obviously a variation of my last build for this series, although it's got a good deal of new material in there as well.  And before anybody says anything: yep, I do think that red roof does stand out a bit too much :pir-laugh: :grin:

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome!

Great addition to the previous scene!  This story is quite funny so far, keep it up both of you!  I really like the stonework on the red-roofed house and the movers look great, so does that sloop.  Top notch minifigure posing too with the Corries clambering about!

Edited by Kai NRG
Too many !! ;)

I really like following this story. Nice work on the set, moving it just a bit down the street is a clever thing to give the feeling that the story is moving own.

The piano movers are a great touch, as is the other activity on the dock.

Would've loved to see that horse clime aboard though :P

Bart

That is once again just wow! The amount of action you manage to convey by posing the mnifigs and objects is absolutely outstanding. You are surely one of the very best MOCers in this regard. Hugely inspirational.

And yeah, the build around it is pretty neat as well, as usual.

Fantastic!

You almost need the Benny Hill theme song running in the background to appreciate this fully.  :sweet:

Thanks all!  I appreciate it! :pir-sweet:

On 4/28/2018 at 2:21 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

:laugh::pir-laugh::pir_laugh2:

What can I say? Just great!

Next episode will feature captain cookie (hopefully)

Thanks Captain - this one was quite fun :pir-grin:

On 4/28/2018 at 3:52 PM, Kai NRG said:

Great addition to the previous scene!  This story is quite funny so far, keep it up both of you!  I really like the stonework on the red-roofed house and the movers look great, so does that sloop.  Top notch minifigure posing too with the Corries clambering about!

Thanks Kai! - got to use all those nice SNOT bricks now that I've got them once in a while, you know! :laugh:

On 4/29/2018 at 3:33 AM, Bart said:

I really like following this story. Nice work on the set, moving it just a bit down the street is a clever thing to give the feeling that the story is moving own.

Would've loved to see that horse clime aboard though :P

Bart

Yep - I really like the idea of using the same basic background but adjusting it to the needs of the story; it adds a sort of continuity which is often missing.  Plus, in this case it saved me a deal of work, :pir-grin: :laugh:

Well, I was actually thinking about trying that, but the camera was running out of battery really quickly so I just snapped a few shots and let it be.  The horse will be on board in my next build, however! :pir-laugh:

On 4/29/2018 at 7:20 AM, Elostirion said:

That is once again just wow! The amount of action you manage to convey by posing the mnifigs and objects is absolutely outstanding. You are surely one of the very best MOCers in this regard. Hugely inspirational.

And yeah, the build around it is pretty neat as well, as usual.

Fantastic!

Thanks a lot, mate!  The minifigs just kind of fell into place with this one, and they were for the most part remarkably well balanced (which is hardly normal for me :laugh: :grin:)!  I honestly think that the sense of action and motion is even better in my next build, though!  (Coming this week or next) 

On 4/29/2018 at 8:13 PM, Kwatchi said:

You almost need the Benny Hill theme song running in the background to appreciate this fully.  :sweet:

:grin: Thanks mate! :pir-sweet:

I assume the Corries can swim quite well... :pir_tong2: Great use of your port, the details you added (the piano and the boat in particular) are very nice!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:20 AM, Elostirion said:

The amount of action you manage to convey by posing the mnifigs and objects is absolutely outstanding.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:33 AM, Bart said:

Nice work on the set, moving it just a bit down the street is a clever thing to give the feeling that the story is moving own.

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 1:45 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Wow the rocks effect is amazing!

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 6:13 PM, Kwatchi said:

What they all said! :pir-grin:  But I will give the SNOT retaining wall an extra shout-out! :thumbup: