Hi there, how are you doin'? So, I've wanted to make a post here for a while, I thought I'd start with something small that's been intriguing me for a while... set mods! Nothing major, no serious revamps or anything here, just lil' biddy changes that you've made to your sets to make them more accurate or to your liking. I'll start with a super-simple mod I made to my Darth Vader and Luke figures. (Sorry for the picture quality)

FatheSonWide.jpg.8d4639c612a907b5dbdb32ef51f64ee7.jpg

I was always bugged by LEGO's use of the one Lightsaber hilt for every single saber, no matter how distinct they actually are. So, here's Vader and Luke with some more accurate hilts I made. Vader's was super simple, as you can tell, but I don't have any gold studs with a pinhole for Luke's saber, so it's not perfect yet. But, that was my little tweak, I'd love to see and hear your tweaks!

10 hours ago, TheGreatSpirit said:

I gotta say, this is actually quite nice. They look pretty good!

Oh, thanks! Again, I really want a gold holed stud to perfect Luke's saber, but still, I think it's better than nothing.

Here's a tiny one I made to Kopaka 2016. Simply replaced the gold leg shells with silver, and bumped them down a peg. Much cleaner looking to me.

41083808785_756147fa48_c.jpg

Edited by arc

On 09/05/2018 at 4:03 AM, arc said:

Here's a tiny one I made to Kopaka 2016. Simply replaced the gold leg shells with silver, and bumped them down a peg. Much cleaner looking to me.

*snip*

Neat! The gold mixed with the bulbous thighs looked really bad to me, good change! Which reminds me... I've wanted to get longer limb pieces for all the Uniters I have (just Kopaka and Lewa at the moment), and you have no idea how much their stumpy arms bug me : / Lewa in particular looks amazing once you give him Umarak's trans-green arm bones in place of the ones he already has, I just don't have the money to properly Bricklink what I want. 

Edited by Leewan
Removed quoted picture

I didn’t realize the lightsabers could look that good! Imma do that to mine.

Kopaka looks so much fresher without the gold.. I like it.

11 hours ago, Junior Shark said:

I didn’t realize the lightsabers could look that good! Imma do that to mine.

Kopaka looks so much fresher without the gold.. I like it.

Thanks! I'd love to make more models of lightsabers, but I don't know if I have the parts required.

One thing I've done with nearly every CCBS set to date (where applicable) is swap the locked elbow joints for ones that have better range of motion. It might not be adhering to design principles, but it makes posing way better and just more fun to play around with in general. Obviously if they have really heavy weapons or whatever I don't do it, but most Toa-sized figures get the treatment.

16 hours ago, Dorek said:

One thing I've done with nearly every CCBS set to date (where applicable) is swap the locked elbow joints for ones that have better range of motion. It might not be adhering to design principles, but it makes posing way better and just more fun to play around with in general. Obviously if they have really heavy weapons or whatever I don't do it, but most Toa-sized figures get the treatment.

YES! I hate how most of the new Star Wars figures have those hinged elbow joints when the open joints like on 2015 Pohatu are sooo much better! I don't know why they'd try fixing something that isn't broken : /

Same here, though I ususally keep this change to my MOCs. I seldom keep actual sets to mod them.