Missing Brick

Neo Classic Space Landing Pad

Very cool! When I read the thread-title, I had a certain picture already in my mind. I'm glad to see that my expectations were completely mislead. Great idea combining technology and nature this way. And the building ideas are really impressive as well: I like the platform support a lot and of course the brick-built palm tree. Good thematic contrasts, top-notch building - excellent MOC!:classic:

This is a nice, unconventional build and a bit of a surprise - like Littleworlds, I expected something different.  As it is, I'm getting vertigo just looking at it.  The elevator, the pad itself, and the desert island are great, but I can't figure out how the struts attach to the underside of the pad.  Do you mind posting more detailed pictures?  Thanks.

Thanks everyone!  The 45° connection from the girders to the underside of the landing platform is similar to the connection you can see at the bottom. At first I thought setting the girder angles would be a problem - but it turns out that since all 4 struts are identical they automatically adopt the correct angle - so the structure is self-levelling and quite sturdy - even without the elevator tower attached.

Edited by Missing Brick

Lovely, and definitely something different from the typical landing pad MOC!  The rock/crystal formations are a nice touch, too.  I would like to see more of this planet with the Classic Space technology integrated.   :classic: