Sign in to follow this  
Agent Kallus

Star Wars Resitance

Disney have announced a new star wars animated project.

• Image may contain: cloud, sky and text

From press release

This fall Autumn , welcome to the Resistance!
StarWars.com is thrilled to announce that production has begun on Star Wars Resistance, an exciting new animated adventure series about Kazuda Xiono, a young pilot recruited by the Resistance and tasked with a top-secret mission to spy on the growing threat of the First Order. It will premiere this fall on Disney Channel in the U.S. and thereafter, on Disney XD and around the world. Featuring the high-flying adventure that audiences of all ages have come to expect from Star Wars, Star Wars Resistance — set in the time prior to Star Wars: The Force Awakens — will feature the beloved droid BB-8 alongside ace pilots, colorful new characters and appearances by fan favorites including Poe Dameron and Captain Phasma, voiced by actors Oscar Isaac and Gwendoline Christie, respectively.

The series was created by renowned Lucasfilm Animation veteran Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels); executive-produced by Athena Portillo (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels), Justin Ridge (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) and Brandon Auman (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles); and art-directed by Amy Beth Christenson (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels).
“The idea for Star Wars Resistance came out of my interest in World War II aircraft and fighter pilots” said Filoni. “My grandfather was a pilot and my uncle flew and restored planes, so that’s been a big influence on me. There’s a long history of high-speed racing in Star Wars, and I think we’ve captured that sense of excitement in an anime-inspired style, which is something the entire team has been wanting to do for a long time.”
Marc Buhaj, senior vice president, Programming and general manager, Disney XD, said, “Our colleagues at Lucasfilm have created a compelling narrative for an untold moment in the Star Wars galaxy, and we are excited to partner with them again on this new original series. Star Wars Resistance will bring viewers across generations an engaging story with heart, humor and both new and familiar characters.”
In addition to Isaac and Christie, the voice cast includes actors Christopher Sean (Days of Our Lives), Suzie McGrath (East Enders), Scott Lawrence (Legion), Myrna Velasco (Elena of Avalor), Josh Brener (Silicon Valley), Donald Faison (Scrubs), Bobby Moynihan (DuckTales), Jim Rash (Community), and Rachel Butera (Tammy’s Tiny Tea Time).

I expect we'll see these guys (and Kallus too I hope)

Spoiler

Image result for rebels finale

Image result for thrawn v ezra

Image result for hera son star wars rebels

I will try to be positive, even if the last season of Rebels was such a huge dissapointment, for me. Its to early to tell if it will be any good, but I sure hope so, what I am 100% sure about is, that we will get lego sets of this show for its first season, the rest is up to the success of the show itself. I am intrigued to hear, that there will, probably, be more space- battles, which is a big plus, for me. But I am also afraid of the "allpowerfull Sabine" and the "Spacewhales" returning. We will see. 

Interesting.

I hope we´ll see a lot about these 30 years between Episode 6 and 7 and a lot about the growing first order and some new information about Snoke.

I’m hyped. Hopefully we’ll get some cameos from Rebels characters, and more importantly cool LEGO sets. It’ll be sad to see the 3D animation go, hopefully the shift to 2D doesn’t make it childish drivel. But overall, I’m optimistic.  

I personally don't like the Rebels style animation, I don't think the proportions look right/proper and the movements characters like Kanan, Vader and the inquisitors make when they fight with lightsabers just look off to me, too artificial, sort of.

I welcome a more 2D animation if the 3D option is Rebels style.

On 7/11/2018 at 6:00 AM, Error404 said:

I personally don't like the Rebels style animation, I don't think the proportions look right/proper and the movements characters like Kanan, Vader and the inquisitors make when they fight with lightsabers just look off to me, too artificial, sort of.

I welcome a more 2D animation if the 3D option is Rebels style.

I agree.  I wasn't into the Clone Wars / Rebels style at first, it took a bit to get used to it.  I'm a much bigger fan of 2D animation in general, so I'm optimistic.  I just hope I will enjoy the focus on a pilot, that's not really what draws me to Star Wars.

Maybe I been messing to much with Star Trek recently. But the first thing I thought of was "resistance is futile" when I seen Star Wars Resistance (again). So, I am now wondering if someone is going to start making Borg jokes with this title. 

On 7/30/2018 at 4:08 AM, General Magma said:

'Resistance' has been confirmed to be a CGI show.

Drat.

Disney please don't stuff this up we know you're bringing clone wars back so don't stuff that up too

On 7/30/2018 at 1:08 AM, General Magma said:

'Resistance' has been confirmed to be a CGI show.

To clarify, it's being done by the Animators for The Clone Wars. Experienced folks are on the job.

I will say, though, their cell-shaded, anime-like shows have looked less than stellar, so chalk me up for being concerned.

I think it looks better than the YouTubers do.  Hard to tell the tone, though.  Seems a bit too silly all around.  Still, I like this stile a bit more than the Clone Wars / Rebels style because it looks more like a 2D cartoon, which I am into.  The bright colors are appealing at first, I hope it's not just bright and flashy for the sake of it.  Not sure about the Resistance Era setting, though.  And the chrome gold stormtrooper is sure to never be produced in chrome gold by LEGO, but it does look nice.

3 hours ago, x105Black said:

The bright colors are appealing at first, I hope it's not just bright and flashy for the sake of it. 

Those two newer starfighters are particularly cool looking if you ask me. The Olive Green X-Wing-like craft has a somewhat Sky-Fi/Crimson Skies vibe about it, while the Turquoise colored A-Wing-esque fighter looks rather Retrofuturistic/Raypunkish. :thumbup:

This clip leaves me a little more optimistic than the actual teaser did.

Its kinda funny how it only introduces 3 of the 5 in the chosen still, I guess the blue flight suit girl is on a rival team, still I'd appreciate a name at the least.

Edited by Agent Kallus

I dont think it is as bad as some people put it, rather first episode went of pretty well, and then Im not a fan of the new saga at all. 

And in terms of lego, there are a couple of new aliens that would be nice to get as figures (however will probably not happen) Although what is more likely is that Jarek Yeager will be made and thus the first real dreadlock hairpiece, which is really about time!

Watched the first batch of episodes and was honestly surprised. I thought it was fun enough to consider keeping up with it. Kaz can get annoying, but I understand Disney's trying to market this to a younger audience. I like everyone around Kaz, oddly enough: the alien friend he makes, Yeager and his mechanic, the other pilots on the Colossus, the bartender and the other bar patrons, and everyone else on the fuelling depot are a lot of fun. I think with a bit of rewriting Kaz could be made a little less grating, but he's not insufferable. 

Overall, I'm enjoying it so far. I'll probably stick with it to see where it goes, and hopefully we get some neat Lego sets out of it. That red armoured TIE pilot's got a neat design going for him, and the fighters that have shown up so far have had some neat designs.