Looks awesome! I’d make the rear lights protrude out a bit more too

Edited by Bartybum

So i think i have something that i like with the rear portion of the car. i'm missing a few tiles to and parts to finish the physical build but will try with what i have to see how it all fits together.  

I'm currently stuck with the area where the Red panel is located and how the windshield will turn out.  The way the door opens there seems to be not much room to line things up.

800x600.jpg

Going along nicely.

I like where the panels are situated on the build. Maybe try flex axles along the roof.

Is that a vertically aligned exhaust set? That’s awesome :D I wish they were bigger though

so was finally able to do some work on this. Reworked the frame to lighten front along with finalizing some of the design.

Currently trying to figure out how to do the dashboard, roof and windshield area and this is what i have so far using flex cables. There is a big gap under the rear of the front fender and i think i have an idea on how to fill it. There are a bit too many gaps in the front but i can't think of ways to fill them yet. Also never thought of where to put the battery so its going to be in the passenger seat.

Another issue i have is with the way the rear steering works. There is too much slack with the way i have it setup so i may just abandon it

800x600.jpg

so after alot more tinkering when i have time to, I decided to just completely rebuild the chassis.  I decided to just take out the 4 wheel steering as there was too much slack and don't have the ingenuity to do it different as of now. Also I forgot to also include the placement of the battery box. In place of the 4 wheel steering, i decided to add a motorized spoiler and also make it into awd.

The first image is the old frame.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

In the new version, I moved the steering servo to the front so i can place the batter box behind the front wheels. Also with the change i could hide the sbrick in the center.

With all the change the roof and rear panels will change a bit to accommodate the new length.

Comments welcome

Looking good! I see you are using steering parts for the rear axles. How did you mount the steering links? I would advise to place them such that they span slightly more length then they are supposed to, so you get a firm rear axle.

7 minutes ago, Didumos69 said:

Looking good! I see you are using steering parts for the rear axles. How did you mount the steering links? I would advise to place them such that they span slightly more length then they are supposed to, so you get a firm rear axle.

I spaced them one stud over like so but i haven't tried it out yet. Currently trying to figure out how the motor and the spoiler will fit.

640x610.jpg

59 minutes ago, Isamudyson said:

I spaced them one stud over like so but i haven't tried it out yet. Currently trying to figure out how the motor and the spoiler will fit.

I think half a stud offset will be enough. One stud might be too much.

16 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

I think half a stud offset will be enough. One stud might be too much.

I tried it last night and it does look like its too much. Gonna have to wonder how to make it half a stud. So far this is what i have.  everything in red so far is how i think i can implement the motor function for the spoiler while making those links half a stud

800x600.jpg