Ecclesiastes

10261 LEGO Creator Expert Roller Coaster

The NZ site suddenly shows "Now available in your country" while still have the note for VIP early access .... I wonder what is happening =(

I just managed to place an order (I am in the Netherlands). It is not showing up in my order list though and I haven't received a confirmation e-mail. Fingers crossed!

Lego are having a technical issue at the moment, you cannot order by phone or web at the moment, they are saying it should be resolved at some point today...

Yup, they've got this note added on the set page now - "We’re currently experiencing site issues with this item, please bear with us and check back later!"

Apparently it worked at 9am for a short time then stopped... Bearing in mind the price of the set and the fact there’s no freebie I think they need to get it sorted ASAP really

It never ceases to amaze me that a company the size of and with the financial resources of Lego consistently has these problems with their website when there is a new product launch. Their IT department needs a real knuckling 

7 minutes ago, Celery said:

It never ceases to amaze me that a company the size of and with the financial resources of Lego consistently has these problems with their website when there is a new product launch. Their IT department needs a real knuckling 

The LEGO website is awful, I hate having to use it.

Just went through for me.  (east coast us)

I'm not a big collector of city sets, nor the other fairground sets, but this build looks awesome and I love big display pieces.

It works on shop at home France but not Switzerland... I can add it to my cart in France, but cannot change the shipping address to Switzerland.. Will try to find a trick though..

Actually it worked! (I hope) Added to the cart on S@H in France, then instead of changing delivery address I changed the country on the top menu to Switzerland, had to "accept" and then went on to payment page..

Got the order number but still did not receive the confirmation email either.. So not sure this workaround will work.. If not working, I am going to spread the news badly and heavily.. as mentioned before, this is unacceptable from such a big company, where quality and "high price" go along.. If you send a mass email to all of your VIP registered customers to announce that the long awaited set is available and when you click, there are multiple bugs and you are unable to proceed to purchase... Common.. In another context (i.e. apple), it would have an impact on stock price..

TLG, please revisit and insource your IT dpt.. Tired of all these issues with new long awaited releases.. it's not like you did not have time to get ready for it or postpone sets availability.. 

Confirmation email received!!!

:wub:

Not sure TLG reads this topic, but... for the first time ever in my order history, my package will arrive tomorrow (even if I combined multiple sets in the order).. wow, unlike in other countries, delivery is announced to 4 days and not 2..

So 2 days delivery time for my country is great... Thanks TLG!

Question, do you integrate the fairground sets in your cities?

If yes, how do you make the "bridge" between areas, do you put a forest in between, integrate in city center..?

26 minutes ago, SwissBrick said:

Not sure TLG reads this topic, but... for the first time ever in my order history, my package will arrive tomorrow (even if I combined multiple sets in the order).. wow, unlike in other countries, delivery is announced to 4 days and not 2..

If yes, how do you make the "bridge" between areas, do you put a forest in between, integrate in city center..?

I'm on the fence because it is a huge $$$ commitment, but I was going to do a standalone table since I won't have room in my main city. The table will be in a separate room and will have a Jurassic Park type feel since it would only be accessible by plane or boat.

10 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

This is the quandary that’s now facing me. I’ve only really collected the modular buildings recently, and just picked up the Ferris wheel (bigger than it looked on the box) and am wondering how I might combine in, the carousel and hopefully the rollercoaster into one big design.  I’m considering a theme park, where as many of the modulars play a part as possible.  Perhaps facing into a square with the rides all in it.  

DD, PR, PC, all kinda fit, and I can just about stomach AS, but BB. and DO don’t quite work.  I haven’t got the rest.  

I’m also MOCing a modular Lego store with the 60th special set as an outdoor exhibit which may form part of one side.

12 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

Delivery times here in Switzerland vary quite a bit according to my experience. I had orders arriving in two days, but now for example, I'm still waiting for my order from May the 4th. Think it will arrive today.

Regarding the fairground sets, I thinks they would be awesome in a city, I would do just like a fence between the city and the rides, like Jangbricks did with his harbor area to separate it from the city! Anyway, I'm lacking the space even for 5 modular....

Eastern US here.  I ordered mine at 9am on 5/16 and it arrived THE NEXT DAY at 2:00pm.  I didn't ask for any special shipping.  Great surprise to see this at my door so fast.

We now have a 4th set (5th?) using the new roller coaster parts. 41347-1: Heartlake City Resort has RC parts forming a monorail These are grey, so not a new color. Thank God. I might get one of these to add the parts to the pirate RC, but maybe not as I don't see any that aren't already in there.

I'm seriously considering buying about 4 Pirate RC's and using all the pirate bits to turn the big coaster into a huge pirate coaster. Also, the pirate tree house 3-in-1 set would work for that as well.

So, we have RC parts in - The Joker manor (purple), The big coaster (red), the pirate coaster (grey), Heartlake city resort (grey), and I think the Black Panther set with the mine car is the same pieces as well (grey). Am I missing anything?

41456-1: Unikingdom Fairground Fun has purple

41352-1: The Big Race Day as grey

so, lots of sets using the RC parts.

Edited by turk187
found 2 more

I finished building the set yesterday. I tried making a 6-wagon train but the different speeds at the chain and the wheels made the whole thing jam a little. It worked, but it was sloppy at the top.

Solution: Make a 5-wagon train and remove the first of the three wheels at the top of the ride (the one nearest to the "Do not stand up" sign). By the time the last wagon is off the chain, the first wagon will have made contact with the second wheel.

I would really like to see people modify this into a rollercoaster with a theme (just like the Pirate 3-1 rollercoaster). I want to add some animals into the structure of the build, like let's say a giant monkey who tries to grab the wagons. When/if I have the time I'll try to make it happen. 

22 hours ago, turk187 said:

So, we have RC parts in - The Joker manor (purple), The big coaster (red), the pirate coaster (grey), Heartlake city resort (grey), and I think the Black Panther set with the mine car is the same pieces as well (grey). Am I missing anything?

Brickset - 75889 Ferrari Ultimate Garage

75889-1.jpg?201803181018

I'm debating wether to buy this set or buy RC Batmobile and Batwoman set together. Could those who have bought the roller coaster show products pictures, pictures from new angles etc.? Any testimonies, although the PPP is good, I'm not sure because of the high number of specific pieces, only one track layout etc.

6 minutes ago, Brickplay said:

I am torn. This looks amazing. I just built Ninjago city. A Ninjago roller coaster could be cool

I am torn between ninjago city and this. Been going back and forth in my mind for weeks.