An Italian Classic

Together with Gabriele Zannotti aka zanna I've been working on a scale model of a FIAT 500 for almost two years now. I've actually already made a topic on EB a while ago but the model has improved a lot since then and we also took some cool pictures of the real life model so I decided it would be appropriate to post a new thread.

The model

As it stands right now the model is made of 1210 pieces and has plenty of details and features to offer.
The boot which is located at the front can be opened revealing the fuel tank, a toolbox and an actual spare tyre. The bonnet in the back is decorated with several custom decals depicting the various cooling vents as well as the license plate and additional details. It can be opened which allows you to see the detailed 500cc straight twin engine. Furthermore, the doors can be opened and the front seats tilted forward allowing you to access the rear seat bench. On sunny days you can also swap out the closed sun-roof for the opened variant.

40873009864_b4a60bc4d7_b.jpg

40873012944_9b159505af_b.jpg

Boot details

41603422411_9dd7c70a2e_b.jpg

The rear end

40873010954_b9103586b7_b.jpg

Openable doors and hatches

40873011584_fffc7dd260_b.jpg

The engine bay

40873011994_3b2f6f7089_b.jpg

Dashboard details

27714191548_6dc64ed7bd_b.jpg

Foldable seats

40691598405_44a9b85690_b.jpg

Open roof

Thanks for checking out our topic. Additional images can be found in both Gabriele's flickr page and mine.
Our model is still very much a work in progress and we keep improving the build and adding new details. We've actually uploaded our model to LEGO Ideas and it has already surpassed 7.5k but your support would be greatly appreciated so we can meet the 10k goal in time.

Edited by saabfan

2 hours ago, saabfan said:

An Italian Classic

Beautifully reproduced! Fantastic work on this model! Great details and features through out! Keep up the great work!

6 hours ago, Konajra said:

4 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

2 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

31 minutes ago, Milan said:

Thanks a lot! :)

Is it RC? Custom LEDs? Can I get the instructions for free? And the parts to actually build it? Thanks!

Looks brilliant! The complexity of the shaping and attention to detail is really impressive. And its also supercute. Splendid work.:classic:

12 hours ago, krisandkris12 said:

Is it RC? Custom LEDs? Can I get the instructions for free? And the parts to actually build it? Thanks!

No, no, no and no. You're welcome. :D Jokes aside we'll publish the instructions if we don't reach 10k or don't pass the review but there's still hope. ;)

3 hours ago, Milan said:

@saabfan, Frontpaged!

Thanks you ever so much!

Thanks also to all the others who commented.

14/10!

The stunnigiest thing finaly is that 100% of the build keeps 'in system'. No crazy angles, week parts....

Great, neat and stunning design.

If only lego official sets could be this quality....

Being a fan of Lupin III, I instanty recognized this. Fantastic work here. It looks like it would fit in perfectly with other Creator Expert cars.

This is amazing.  You've certainly captured the look, but also working in so many features is incredible.  I really like the luggage rack for the back and the opening roof.  Supported!

Oh my days. This is just gorgeous. The shaping’s spot on and the attention to detail outstanding. If it were in the shops it’d fly off the shelves. I’d buy it in a heartbeat.