CoolerTD

MOC from LEGO 70638 Ninjago combat crawler

Hello everyone!

here is my another alternative model. Now I rebuild LEGO 70638 Katana VII. a Called it Kai`s combat crawler.

GnV4crT-5X0.jpg

And a video review.

Hope you enjoy it!

Very nice.  Looks like it could be a set itself (especially without the parts limitations of being an alternate build).  Alternates are always fun, and great to see them done well.  :classic:

Thanks for reply!
lately I was carried away by the creation of alternative models from the sets

Alternate builds are hard to do. This one is very nice. You mention that the body is very heavy when talking about the legs. Does this mean you can really pose it because the weight of the body will force the legs down?

Nice job again!

You're starting to have a bad influence on my wallet lol..

First you make me notice/buy the Temple of Resurrection because of your cute little Temple rebuild and now this crawler!

If TLC released the set in this version it('s box) would've been comfortably sitting in my collection for a while now.

Seen this set lie about here and there, skipped it everytime and picked something else..

Seeing this rebuild makes me doubt wether to still buy this set..:hmpf_bad::tongue:

Edited by Ravelino

1 hour ago, Ravelino said:

Nice job again!

You're starting to have a bad influence on my wallet lol..

First you make me notice/buy the Temple of Resurrection because of your cute little Temple rebuild and now this crawler!

If TLC released the set in this version it('s box) would've been comfortably sitting in my collection for a while now.

Seen this set lie about here and there, skipped it everytime and picked something else..

Seeing this rebuild makes me doubt wether to still buy this set..:hmpf_bad::tongue:

Thanks! This set is good enough for the parts to making MOCs. And I think LEGO Ninjago is very  profitable theme in terms of the parts.

I think I should of said something earlier. This is a pretty good alternative model for quad ped mech. I feel like I could find this in a video game(s). 

On 9-6-2018 at 3:45 PM, CoolerTD said:

Thanks! This set is good enough for the parts to making MOCs. And I think LEGO Ninjago is very  profitable theme in terms of the parts.

I agree..although I don't follow the series I quickly divert to Ninjago Lego when I don't have a specific set to buy and want to "support TLC" instead of bricklinking for parts..

Especially the €20-€60 sets usually have multiple of a new element or new color-type(usually gold) of an element without duping too many minifigs(I rarely resell lego)