Bob

Imperial Officers Mafia - Day One

10 hours ago, Lady K said:

Well this certainly should get discussion going.  As far as the Day 1 lynch, I have seen advantages and disadvantages recently to both.  I do think it is better to have than to have not.  As to who?  Right now most are joining in the discussion....most, but not all.  I would really like to hear more from those who have said very little before casting my vote (even an initial one).

Sorry, I've been out of commission for a short time, but I'm back and engaged. I personally have landed on the side of no lynching on day 1. It almost always hurts more than helps. The only case where I think it can be beneficial is to rid ourselves of someone who is useless.

5 hours ago, Peanuts said:

So is it just a joke or a gut feeling you want to act on? Would you actually be comfortable to lynch Admiral Motti? This is a sincere question, I'm not sure what the motivation behind your vote is.

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

This pings me slightly, since I feel like you're trying to start an easy bandwagon, to me it was a joke vote. Something that wasn't to be taken seriously. 

Dellus hasn't been very active, but he's explained that he was busy. As I've stated before, I'm suspicious of those who are insistent on a day one lynch. In my eyes, Dellus looks like a inactive player that the scum are hoping to use as a easy day one bandwagon lynch. 

Well, we have started accusing each other, and whether or not that will end in a lynch, it's a hundred times more helpful for us than debating lynching in general. Lynching will happen or it won't.

I stand by my opinion. Only once we stopped having the debate about Day One Lynches we started accusing each other. Even if no lynch results from that, at least we haven't wasted the day.

I still disagree on this. Discussing whether or not to have a day one lynch can reveal hidden intentions. I don't see how accusing and finger pointing this early in the game is any more beneficial.

11 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

I find you awfully non-commital. You haven't been inactive today, but I feel like you said a lot without ever saying much. Like, you bring up whether we should lynch, but your opinion on the topic is just "There are decent cases to be made for both strategies".

And now you emphasize you only brought up options. Why even start the discussion if you're not willing to actually discuss? At this point you only said there are 'decent cases to be made', but you don't make the cases and get defensive when someone replies to you.

After some votes come in, you follow up with a vote of your own, with no accusation, again emphasizing you are not acussing, but only trying to motivate. Still uncertain whether a lynch is benefitial.  Still non-commital.

This all seems very middle-of-the-road to me, so I'll

Vote: Admiral Shelby (Forresto)

These are some fair points against Shelby, and worth keeping an eye on.

11 hours ago, LegoRacer1 said:

Not a need of a vote but ok, I'm just waiting until there is a Star Trek mafia so we can bug him with Star Wars stuff.:vader:

How did I miss this glorious zinger? :laugh:

The case against Colonel Dellus seems awfully weak. It’s mostly Day 1 fluff and a joke vote off the C&D thread. 

I’m more concerned about Admiral Shelby. Captain Fenton raises some good points about her inactivity and non-commital nature.

I think I stated exactly why I voted for the Colonel.

We must vote lest Lord Vader punishes us (read the rules) it has nothing to do whether I want to vote or not, there is no choice to abstain unfortunately. 

My policy for day one voting is towards one of the less active people to coax them out. Hence the Colonel. 

Given how aggressive the one colloquially known as Peanuts has been towards various members of this board, for no reason, I'm unsurprised by his attack.

I am curious though at the waffling aggreements of our Moff Tarkin and esteemed Grand Admiral. 

20 hours ago, Sandy said:

Said passive officer might also be trying to hide a power role. Traitors usually aim for the active players during the night while trying to avoid looking like they're flying under the radar.

But sure, people can use a multitude of strategies in this situation. It all depends on what kind of a team of traitors we are facing.

On a tangent, do the rest of you think this will be a straightforward game... of life... or might there be a twist involved? I personally haven't seen anything that would point towards something out of the ordinary so far.

I think it's a bit dangerous to speculate about any twists this early. We literally know nothing except that we are all here. For all we know, we could finally see the flying pumpkin that shoots lasers beams out of its butt role!

2 hours ago, LegoMonorailFan said:

Dellus hasn't been very active, but he's explained that he was busy. As I've stated before, I'm suspicious of those who are insistent on a day one lynch. In my eyes, Dellus looks like a inactive player that the scum are hoping to use as a easy day one bandwagon lynch. 

I still disagree on this. Discussing whether or not to have a day one lynch can reveal hidden intentions. I don't see how accusing and finger pointing this early in the game is any more beneficial.

I agree on Colonel dellus, at this point I see no good reason to lynch him. Inactivity is not a scumtell. I would still like to hear the reason behind his vote, though.

Fair enough, at least the discussion has made Admiral Shelby speak up without saying anything, which is as much as we could get on day one. It's hard to argue with success.

That said, I still believe it's better if we can agree on someone to lynch. Not at all costs, of course, there needs to be reasonable suspicion. But I'm still opposed to ruling out any lynch on day one.

57 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I think I stated exactly why I voted for the Colonel.

We must vote lest Lord Vader punishes us (read the rules) it has nothing to do whether I want to vote or not, there is no choice to abstain unfortunately. 

My policy for day one voting is towards one of the less active people to coax them out. Hence the Colonel. 

Given how aggressive the one colloquially known as Peanuts has been towards various members of this board, for no reason, I'm unsurprised by his attack.

I am curious though at the waffling aggreements of our Moff Tarkin and esteemed Grand Admiral. 

You stated why you voted for the Colonel, but your statement sounds to me like "I'm voting just because I have to, but if you want to kill Dellus, that's fine too" which is as non-commital as voting gets.

As for being aggressive? There are traitors amongst us and we have to find them. Would you rather ask nicely?

11 hours ago, Sandy said:

I just like to know what I'm up against. There have been cases like this where the mechanics behind it are so out of the usual that it makes everything harder to figure out. So far everything seems to follow a familiar pattern, since nobody has yet brought up anything special.

What would you classify as special enough that it needs to be brought up at this point? If the town's power roles did know anything, they'd be foolish to bring it up in a room with traitorous ears in it.

Also, looking through the recordings of Day, I spotted this statement from you, Admiral:

21 hours ago, Sandy said:

I have no big motive to start the finger-pointing, but if it starts, I am not against joining it. That's all I'm trying to say.

So you're not willing to stick your neck out? You're fine with joining a bandwagon? That to me sounds like you're trying to fly under the radar. Please, explain this to me, because at this point in time I find you the most suspicious person in this room, Admiral.

Unvote: Admiral Ozzel (Actor Builder)

Vote: Admiral Piett (Sandy)

I would advise you to begin speaking, Admiral Piett.

14 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

So you're not willing to stick your neck out? You're fine with joining a bandwagon? That to me sounds like you're trying to fly under the radar. Please, explain this to me, because at this point in time I find you the most suspicious person in this room, Admiral.

I’m not explicitly defending Admiral Piett here, but I feel like this is where weve been going wrong, we’re too focused on going “Did you say this?” “Are you saying you’ll do this?” And then voting for them. I know it’s Day One and everything but I think if we do this we’re going down the wrong path here. 

53 minutes ago, Peanuts said:

I agree on Colonel dellus, at this point I see no good reason to lynch him. Inactivity is not a scumtell. I would still like to hear the reason behind his vote, though.

Inactivity isn’t a scum tell necessarily no, but, would you rather lynch a townie who hasn’t said much and is unlikely to say much in the future or would you rather lynch an active townie based on something they said that might be scummy?

15 hours ago, Kintobor said:

I'll note that I don't suspect Daala at this point. Often times the first few votes is just getting the ball rolling, and I find nothing suspicious in Daala doing so.

A bit of a ping here - I understand the second part, not wanting to be too accusatory of Daala for voting you to start things off, but the first sentence is way too soft. I suspect EVERYONE at this point except myself. 

14 hours ago, Forresto said:

I think if we do lynch today it should for the least active, since they contribute less to the conversation, lines that can serve as clues to their allegiance. 

10 hours ago, Tariq j said:

I feel like in previous times we've been too focused on trying vote for someone by catching them out on something they've said. If we're going to have a day one lynch, then it should be a less active player. 

Just now, Tariq j said:

Inactivity isn’t a scum tell necessarily no, but, would you rather lynch a townie who hasn’t said much and is unlikely to say much in the future or would you rather lynch an active townie based on something they said that might be scummy?

Man, all this accusation of the quiet ones. I've already said my piece on this, but to reiterate a little... my experience has been that the most quiet are usually just quiet loyalists. The traitors like to hide in the middle where they're not noticed for being talkative OR quiet. 

12 hours ago, Sandy said:

I just like to know what I'm up against. There have been cases like this where the mechanics behind it are so out of the usual that it makes everything harder to figure out. So far everything seems to follow a familiar pattern, since nobody has yet brought up anything special.

Why on earth would you think we'd know of anything interesting yet? Unless someone has a role that is a twist, we have nothing to base normal/twisty/crazy mechanics off of. I do note that the rules do NOT specify that only "normal" roles will be found in this quest, but that's typical. School games have that restriction generally, but main scum hunts usually do not, so I don't read anything into it. 

Just now, mostlytechnic said:

Man, all this accusation of the quiet ones. I've already said my piece on this, but to reiterate a little... my experience has been that the most quiet are usually just quiet loyalists. The traitors like to hide in the middle where they're not noticed for being talkative OR quiet. 

I agree, and like I said scum are usually not the inactive ones, however there’s no point in being a quiet loyalist, because that doesn’t help the loyals in the long run. That’s said though there is one player who’s been inactive and gone unnoticed, Captain Jellico, he’s said 4 things today, two of which have been the usual, “I agree with this” type posts. 

50 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I agree, and like I said scum are usually not the inactive ones, however there’s no point in being a quiet loyalist, because that doesn’t help the loyals in the long run. That’s said though there is one player who’s been inactive and gone unnoticed, Captain Jellico, he’s said 4 things today, two of which have been the usual, “I agree with this” type posts. 

From past lives, when I'm scum I make sure to most regularly to avoid exactly the types of accusations being thrown around. It's when I'm vanilla that I tend to be less engaged (not to give away any of my tells...).

The problem with a day 1 lynch is that we have to groups we're going after right now.

1) Inactives

2) Noncommital

I've already addressed group 1, the problem with group 2 is that no one really wants to stake their day 1 reputation on flimsy small talk accusations. Last game I traded votes with someone just so we could avoid the penalty. People hated it, but I felt it was better for the town then going gung-ho after a quiet townie. Of course the mafia won the last game so maybe we screwed up somewhere along the line...

12 minutes ago, jluck said:

From past lives, when I'm scum I make sure to most regularly to avoid exactly the types of accusations being thrown around. It's when I'm vanilla that I tend to be less engaged (not to give away any of my tells...).

The problem with a day 1 lynch is that we have to groups we're going after right now.

1) Inactives

2) Noncommital

I've already addressed group 1, the problem with group 2 is that no one really wants to stake their day 1 reputation on flimsy small talk accusations. Last game I traded votes with someone just so we could avoid the penalty. People hated it, but I felt it was better for the town then going gung-ho after a quiet townie. Of course the mafia won the last game so maybe we screwed up somewhere along the line...

Last game was an odd game overall. We can waffle back and forth over whether it's good or not to lynch Day 1.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

I’m not explicitly defending Admiral Piett here, but I feel like this is where weve been going wrong, we’re too focused on going “Did you say this?” “Are you saying you’ll do this?” And then voting for them. I know it’s Day One and everything but I think if we do this we’re going down the wrong path here.

That was exactly what killed the town last game, we went really into the tiny details that didn't matter and that's how the scum won.

18 hours ago, KotZ said:

Vote: GRand Moff Tarkin (LegoMonorailFan)

I knew the Rebels would infiltrate the highest levels of the Empire! A Trekkie here? Amongst the greatest military leaders of the glorious Empire? Absolute scum. :laugh:

I'm not sure how this vote is helpful to anyone at this point.  This is a total throwaway vote after we've had a decent amount of conversation already.

2 minutes ago, KotZ said:

Last game was an odd game overall. We can waffle back and forth over whether it's good or not to lynch Day 1.

That was exactly what killed the town last game, we went really into the tiny details that didn't matter and that's how the scum won.

You're not really commenting on how you feel about any of this stuff or what we should do differently.  I found the tit-for-tat voting last time to be quite distracting.  It brought attention to folks who were loyal because they weren't providing any insight into what they actually felt about others.  It's exactly what you're doing now with your vote, and it's scummy every time.  Anyone who's loyal should be trying to get their actual suspicions out there so others can analyze them on later days.  And no, your vote isn't the same as the early throw-out votes because there's been plenty of discussion with which to start forming opinions.  Your vote added nothing.

Vote: Admiral Yularen (KotZ)

Admiral Greer... you were talking about how you don't think vote analysis is a useful tool in scum hunting as an argument against a Day 1 lynch.  I disagree, and I think one of the points that is being missed is that it can sometimes take a few days to see the patterns emerge.  It's also important to remember that the lynch is a tool in the PR's decision making.  First, any lynched player is no longer eligible for a night action, so the lynch narrows down the list of possible targets.  Second, the vote patterns can help to narrow down that list further.  Voting in and of itself almost never yields scum, but combined with other information is quite helpful.

1 hour ago, fhomess said:

I'm not sure how this vote is helpful to anyone at this point.  This is a total throwaway vote after we've had a decent amount of conversation already.

You're not really commenting on how you feel about any of this stuff or what we should do differently.  I found the tit-for-tat voting last time to be quite distracting.  It brought attention to folks who were loyal because they weren't providing any insight into what they actually felt about others.  It's exactly what you're doing now with your vote, and it's scummy every time.  Anyone who's loyal should be trying to get their actual suspicions out there so others can analyze them on later days.  And no, your vote isn't the same as the early throw-out votes because there's been plenty of discussion with which to start forming opinions.  Your vote added nothing.

It was a fun joke and I currently don't feel strongly about anyone right now.

3 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

A bit of a ping here - I understand the second part, not wanting to be too accusatory of Daala for voting you to start things off, but the first sentence is way too soft. I suspect EVERYONE at this point except myself.

Allow me to expand on my point then. I don't trust anyone at this point. However, in terms of how scummy people are, Daala is low on my list. I don't find anything she's said too suspicious, and I'm not focusing on her at this time.

We don't have a lot to go off of, but I'd prefer having information tomorrow based off of today, rather than fumbling through the motions tomorrow as we try and have some kind of Day 1 lynch on Day 2.

If you're refusing to vote now, there's a reason for it. You're waiting for a bandwagon, or your waiting for the end of the day. That is scummy in my eyes, and doesn't help the town. Something that you have yet to do. Motti, if you had to vote for someone right now, who would you vote for, and why haven't you done so already?

3 hours ago, Tariq j said:

A vote is more than just explicitly wanting someone lynched. It can be a persuasive tool to get someone to speak up. My vote was initially on Ozzel as a placeholder since I disagree with Ozzel's point on waiting to lynch on Day 2, and he was the first to say so. It's anti town in my eyes, and reeks of scum trying to sway the town. Piett just so happens to be saying things I find suspicious, and I want his statement on what he's said I find just about everyone on the "no Day 1 lynch" train suspicious, but Piett's statements are more scummy in my eyes. We all need to cast a vote, Greer. 

You haven't cast a vote either, Greer. Waiting for something to come along and happen? A bandwagon perhaps? I'm asking you the same question I'm asking Motti: if you had to vote for someone right now, who would it be?

I am quite busy, so those who have said that is a issue are correct. Rebels seem to dislike me constantly trying to take my fleet down. As for my vote, it's day one! My gut says to keep my eyes on him, he did vote for a joke yes. All I am saying is in my experience rebels is most eager to vote. In this case rebels might not want a vote to stall progress. I reminded us of the rules so we don't loose loyalist for non voting penaltys, this could even be a reason some rebel might want to push for it then cast in a vote at last minute.

Spoiler

This is out of character please forgive me, I do have school and sleep, I do have time to play but I won't always be super active.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

A vote is more than just explicitly wanting someone lynched. It can be a persuasive tool to get someone to speak up. My vote was initially on Ozzel as a placeholder since I disagree with Ozzel's point on waiting to lynch on Day 2, and he was the first to say so. It's anti town in my eyes, and reeks of scum trying to sway the town. Piett just so happens to be saying things I find suspicious, and I want his statement on what he's said I find just about everyone on the "no Day 1 lynch" train suspicious, but Piett's statements are more scummy in my eyes. We all need to cast a vote, Greer. 

I understand the vote for Ozzel, but I don't get the one for Piett, but thanks for explaining the votes anyway :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

You haven't cast a vote either, Greer. Waiting for something to come along and happen? A bandwagon perhaps? I'm asking you the same question I'm asking Motti: if you had to vote for someone right now, who would it be?

Not at all, if I had to cast a vote it would either be between Captain Jellico, for his lack of contribution and sheepish posts or Veers for his vote for what I believe, was an attempt to start a bandwagon. I'm more inclined to vote for Veers, since I'm not sure why anyone would read so much into a joke vote that wasn't even made in the game thread.

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

Admiral Greer... you were talking about how you don't think vote analysis is a useful tool in scum hunting as an argument against a Day 1 lynch.  I disagree, and I think one of the points that is being missed is that it can sometimes take a few days to see the patterns emerge.  It's also important to remember that the lynch is a tool in the PR's decision making.  First, any lynched player is no longer eligible for a night action, so the lynch narrows down the list of possible targets.  Second, the vote patterns can help to narrow down that list further.  Voting in and of itself almost never yields scum, but combined with other information is quite helpful.

3 hours ago, fhomess said:

Fair enough, I guess the allegiance of the lynch plus voting patterns can help once out together. I'm not against a Day One lynch, but after two games we accidentally targeted PR roles I just don't want to throw the lynch out randomly.

So far we have 10 votes, spread among 9 people. Not uncommon at the start of these quests. 

I'm going to further that, with a 

Vote: Komec (jluck)

because he hasn't voted yet either, and while not the quietest among the group, he's been quieter than I remember him in the past. So this vote is partially a prod and partially legitimately suspicious. 

8 hours ago, Forresto said:

Not to explicity defend Captain Fenton, per se, as he's just as likely to be a traitor as any of the rest of us, but this statement seems rather unfounded and unwarranted. Would you rather people sit back to be herded onto a bandwagon like those weird cow things on Florrum? There's a difference between actively stimulating discussion on Day 1 and "being aggressive." This also seems like an attempt to deflect Fenton's observations made about your behavior by claiming he's done the same thing to many other officers, which is simply not a truthful statement.

7 hours ago, Peanuts said:

You stated why you voted for the Colonel, but your statement sounds to me like "I'm voting just because I have to, but if you want to kill Dellus, that's fine too" which is as non-commital as voting gets.

To follow up on another of Fenton's "agrressions", Admiral Shelby, your vote also reads as if you don't particularly care who gets lynched. If you're loyal to our great Empire you should certainly care who gets lynched. Only traitors are this apathetic, as long as it's not one of your scumbuddies getting the axe. :hmpf_bad:

42 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

So far we have 10 votes, spread among 9 people. Not uncommon at the start of these quests. 

Why would you further that? A vote for Komec does just about nothing at this point, with less than 24 hours left in the day. (Right?) It seems spreading out votes late in the day like this is a deliberate attempt to sow confusion and give yourself plausible deniability for any bandwagons that might form in these waning hours.

Still, I don't find that as suspicious as Admiral Shelby's curious responses to Captain Fenton's legitimate grievances, and I am content for now to

Yet, I'm still keeping my Chiss eyes on you, General Veers. 

My grievances were legitimate, to get the until recently, quiet Colonel Dellus talking. I don't want them lynched as of yet because I don't know where they stand. Hence the vote. 

Fenton came out of nowhere and railroaded me for such an act, apparently you have done the same.

If you read my vote as not caring who gets lynched then you haven't heard anything i've said. I've said nothing others haven't, only Fenton singled me out. 

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, sir. 

22 hours ago, Bob said:

Vote Count:
Admiral Ozzel/Actor Builder - 1 (Kintobor)
Admiral Motti/mostlytechnic - 1 (LegoRacer1)
Admiral Daala/Rider Raider - 1 (Khscarymovie4)
Grand Moff Tarkin/LegoMonorailFan - 1 (KotZ)
Captain Fenton/Peanuts - 1 (LegoMonorailFan)

Reminder: 9 votes are required to lynch. You must vote every day. 

Add to this:

Colonel Dellus (LegoRacer1): Forresto, Actor Builder

Admiral Ozzzel (Actor Builder): Sandy

Admiral Shelby(Forresto): Peanuts, mediumsnowman

Admiral Piett(Sandy):  Kintober (unvoted Adm. Ozzel)

Admiral Yularen(Kotz): fhomess

Komec (jluck): mostlytechnic

21 hours ago, Forresto said:

I suppose if I have to vote I will.

Colonel Dellus (LegoRacer1) 

If only to motivate him to get involved in the conversation more.

Still uncertain of whether a Day One lynch is beneficial.

I think if we do lynch today it should for the least active, since they contribute less to the conversation, lines that can serve as clues to their allegiance. 

18 hours ago, Sandy said:

It seems the time to vote is now, and since I'm in a rush to get to work the cantina, I'm going to agree that my fellow admiral's strategy is not the most beneficial for our cause.

Vote: Admiral Ozzel (Actor Builder)

17 hours ago, Actor Builder said:

official Off-Mobile Vote:

VOTE: Colonel Dellus (LegoRacer1)

16 hours ago, Peanuts said:

So is it just a joke or a gut feeling you want to act on? Would you actually be comfortable to lynch Admiral Motti? This is a sincere question, I'm not sure what the motivation behind your vote is.

Well, we have started accusing each other, and whether or not that will end in a lynch, it's a hundred times more helpful for us than debating lynching in general. Lynching will happen or it won't.

I stand by my opinion. Only once we stopped having the debate about Day One Lynches we started accusing each other. Even if no lynch results from that, at least we haven't wasted the day.

I find you awfully non-commital. You haven't been inactive today, but I feel like you said a lot without ever saying much. Like, you bring up whether we should lynch, but your opinion on the topic is just "There are decent cases to be made for both strategies".

And now you emphasize you only brought up options. Why even start the discussion if you're not willing to actually discuss? At this point you only said there are 'decent cases to be made', but you don't make the cases and get defensive when someone replies to you.

After some votes come in, you follow up with a vote of your own, with no accusation, again emphasizing you are not acussing, but only trying to motivate. Still uncertain whether a lynch is benefitial.  Still non-commital.

This all seems very middle-of-the-road to me, so I'll

11 hours ago, jluck said:

Sorry, I've been out of commission for a short time, but I'm back and engaged. I personally have landed on the side of no lynching on day 1. It almost always hurts more than helps. The only case where I think it can be beneficial is to rid ourselves of someone who is useless.

Risky, could be a PR just keeping quiet. 

6 hours ago, Kintobor said:

What would you classify as special enough that it needs to be brought up at this point? If the town's power roles did know anything, they'd be foolish to bring it up in a room with traitorous ears in it.

Also, looking through the recordings of Day, I spotted this statement from you, Admiral:

6 hours ago, Tariq j said:

My apologies, I was on the bridge attending to many different situations all at once (RL). 

4 hours ago, fhomess said:

55 minutes ago, mostlytechnic said:

because he hasn't voted yet either, and while not the quietest among the group, he's been quieter than I remember him in the past. So this vote is partially a prod and partially legitimately suspicious. 

My apologies that my Captain duties have kept me on the bridge and not in our long finger pointing accusatory meeting here.

My observations are that we do have more conversation than usual for Day 1, however we also have more accusing going on with very little to back anything up.  While I am currently on the side of the benefits of a Day 1 lynch, I would like to point out that with all the voting on many suspects we will probably have no lynch.  May I remind my fellow officers that this is the type of thing traitors will be trying to do; divide us so we can't make a decision.  A no-lynch happens and then the night actions and they take one of us out.  

With the various topics of discussion ranging from Vulcans? to what mechanics could be in play to whether or not we should lynch, I would have to say that we seem to be all over the place and not really focused.

As for day 1 suspicions of my own, hard to say, since everyone is all over the place.  No one really stands out at this time.  Get rid of the most quiet? That could result in the loss of a PR or someone who really has nothing to say Day 1.  Get rid of the most talkative?  Then we run the risk of all the officers going quiet.  And the others are all in the middle ground accusing and finger pointing.  

No I have not cast an initial vote; I will but at this point it looks like we are terribly divided and probability is in a no lynch.

8 minutes ago, Forresto said:

My grievances were legitimate, to get the until recently, quiet Colonel Dellus talking. I don't want them lynched as of yet because I don't know where they stand. Hence the vote. 

Fenton came out of nowhere and railroaded me for such an act, apparently you have done the same.

If you read my vote as not caring who gets lynched then you haven't heard anything i've said. I've said nothing others haven't, only Fenton singled me out. 

I will give you the benefit of the doubt, sir. 

Why so defensive Admiral? Have something to hide?

I find your choice of words... interesting to say the least. Fenton didn't railroad you. He made observations, came to a rational conclusion, and placed a vote. That's how this whole thing works .

While I may have misinterpreted your vote, the Chiss are not infallible, it does certainly give off apathetic vibes and calls into question your intentions. I find none of the other votes quite as... blatant as yours, Admiral.

"I suppose if I have to vote I will..." Really? :wacko: 

My vote is happy to stay where it is, though I fear nothing will come of it. As Captain Jellico points out, we are rapidly heading for another no-lynch, which benefits only the traitors. We don't want tomorrow to simply be Day 1: Part 2. Give me allegiances and voting patterns or give me death!

52 minutes ago, mediumsnowman said:

Why so defensive Admiral? Have something to hide?

I find your choice of words... interesting to say the least. Fenton didn't railroad you. He made observations, came to a rational conclusion, and placed a vote. That's how this whole thing works .

While I may have misinterpreted your vote, the Chiss are not infallible, it does certainly give off apathetic vibes and calls into question your intentions. I find none of the other votes quite as... blatant as yours, Admiral.

"I suppose if I have to vote I will..." Really? :wacko: 

My vote is happy to stay where it is, though I fear nothing will come of it. As Captain Jellico points out, we are rapidly heading for another no-lynch, which benefits only the traitors. We don't want tomorrow to simply be Day 1: Part 2. Give me allegiances and voting patterns or give me death!

The problem I am seeing here is that for a lynch today we need to have nine of us, yes thats 9 of us, agree and present Lord Vader with our suspect.  However, even though 12 of us have voted; four haven't:  myself, Capt. Komec, Adm. Daala, Adm. Greer, no one is agreeing on anything.  We have ten (10) choices?  *huh*  How is this going to be productive for Day 2?  We are going to have to start over.

I really would like to hear more from those who haven't voted before the time runs out.  Thoughts?

I am not entirely comfortable lynching someone without any evidence or scummy behavior exhibited by anyone, but since I have to vote I will vote for Piett because of this:

On 4/26/2018 at 3:14 PM, Sandy said:

I actually prefer to vote the more active speakers in the crowd instead the silent ones, because that way we can deduce more about what they have previously said. Knowing someone was loyal makes their theories more valid even posthumously, whereas lynching someone inactive won't tell us anything beyond their alignment.

Lynching active scum is great, but lynching active town can slow down discussion and might be the difference between a town win and a scum win. Active townies are just as much in the dark as the rest of us, their theories aren’t any more valid because they’re confirmed town.

Is it just me, or is everyone acting like we're on day three or something and we're in desperate need of a lynch? Day one has been rather confusing for me so far, but there's been plenty of discussion meaning that we may be able to gleam something from today now or later on in the game. I'm still opposed to a day one lynch, but not as much as I was prior. If we have any power rolls, I want to give them time to catch their bearings. Especially after such a hectic first day.