obijon

[MOC] MINI Libertine Space Yacht (Ep VIII)

Hi again everyone

This week I present another new model from EP. VIII, the yacht stolen by DJ, the Libertine.

This model has turned out to be quite an expensive little model with various bricklink orders for rebuilds, rare parts (looking at you those white tree palm pieces in particular) and the DJ figure.

I have tried to keep this as sleak as possible and I think it looks quite cool.  It helps when the source material looks good to begin with and it was certainly nice to build something in a colour other than grey! :wink:  To keep the sleak look there are a few hidden technic bricks and bricks with studs on the sides inside the build to hold it all together so the model does not become too tall.  The engines and front pylons are all held together with umbrella stand pieces.  It is also studless to give the sleak look.

I am really happy with how this little model has turned out.  I spent longer on this one than I normally would as I really liked the source material.

libertine1.jpglibertine2.jpglibertine3.jpglibertine4.jpglibertine5.jpg

and finally on display planets style with DJ carrying his reward for selling out our heroes.

libertinedisplay.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Jon

Edited by obijon

I was wondering when someone would get round to building that ship! You've done a nice job with that studless white design, especially considering how hard it is to replicate curves in lego and even more at such a small scale.

Thanks guys.  I really enjoyed building this one.  I think every ship should be attempted, no matter how tricky.  it is no fun without a challenge. :wink:

Having watched TLJ again you don’t get that many views of this beautiful design.  You do see it arriving at Canto Bight at the start of that scene.  Piloted by its actual owner!

Thanks, I actually spent a lot of time designing this one, even going to the lengths of sketching it out on graph paper to make sure the dimensions etc were correct.  Unfiortunately I have thrown those sketches out otherwise i would have shared them.  It is not something I would normally do.

As for a system scale set - IF ONLY!  Most of my LEGO budget goes on Batman/Marvel sets for my five year-old son.  Not to mention I only have space in the dispaly cabinet in our tiny little study for MINIs.

Edited by obijon

I hope you are not imagining me in a big English country house with a library?! ;-)

The “study” was a cloak room and barely has enough room for a small computer desk and a small display cabinet.

Mrs does not allow lego on display in living room so at least I have somewhere. ?