Legochaek

Which Modular buildings fit together?

My first thought is Parisian Restaurant with the stairs on the side with Brick Bank - decent transition between the height difference between PC and BB.  If retail availability is not an issue, Pet Shop might work between them, too.

I still haven't built my copy of BB otherwise I'd do a little shuffling with the physical sets and let you know... maybe I'll break it out and start on it now.  :laugh:

10 hours ago, deraven said:

My first thought is Parisian Restaurant with the stairs on the side with Brick Bank - decent transition between the height difference between PC and BB.  If retail availability is not an issue, Pet Shop might work between them, too.

I still haven't built my copy of BB otherwise I'd do a little shuffling with the physical sets and let you know... maybe I'll break it out and start on it now.  :laugh:

Cool thanks! Parisian Restaurant sounds good. Also, I wonder whether Downtown Diner would fit?

Ooh, tricky. 

The Brick Bank had the impressive bank facade on the left corner, whichever you'd definitely want to be facing the front. So it has to be on the right. Which leaves the Cinema to be on the right. 

I wouldn't recommend the Parisian Restaurant as being on the left side of anything except the Downtown Diner (or Market Street) because of the height disparity that will inevitably leave a massive slab of wall exposed. Same for the Downtown Diner itself. 

Assuming we are working within the constraints of what's currently available, that leaves the Detective's Office and Assembly Square. The Detective's Office's lower left side won't mesh well with the high roofs of the Palace Cinema, which really only leaves Assembly Square. 

That said, there are a couple of other options;

Personally, out of the official Modular Buildings, I think the Fire Station would work the best in this scenario. Unfortunately, it's retired, but if you can somehow get it, then by all means. 

But I think that one of the best possibilities would actually be the Super Heroes Sanctum Sanctorum, modified to function as a Modular (as many people have). The slanted roof of the Sanctum would fit nicely with the Cinema, while the more bricky apartment building section would work equally well alongside the Brick Bank. Some modifications would need to be made - putting it on a baseplate, installing sidewalks, building out the interior - but that could well get you the best result. 

That said, there's one more possibility that might work. Later this year, the Ninjago City Docks will be released. Like Ninjago City before it, it will be fully compatible with other Modular Buildings, albeit matching Assembly Square in being 48 studs wide. Which might not work, depending on your layout plans. Unfortunately, we haven't seen much of the front side of the Docks just yet, so I can't accurately tell how well it will fit with other Modulars. That said, if you're willing to be patient and see how it turns out, you don't have anything to lose by taking a look once someone manages to get their hands on it and does a proper review. 

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The Brick Bank had the impressive bank facade on the left corner, whichever you'd definitely want to be facing the front. So it has to be on the right.

Don't assume she will be displaying it in such a way that both corners won't be visible.  But, assuming that is the case...

5 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

The Detective's Office's lower left side won't mesh well with the high roofs of the Palace Cinema

... I don't agree with this.  There is definitely a height disparity but I think it's so much lower that it actually makes the PC look more grand.  However, the barber shop side is a good bit higher than the Brick Bank so that side doesn't look quite as nice.  I do think Assembly Square would look good between them if you've got the space and the budget.

Of course, all of this comes down to personal preference anyway!  If you really want to get into it, grab the LXF files for the modulars you're interested in and play with the arrangement of them digitally.  :classic: