I forgot to post this last week,  here's my latest module Upslide.  It uses a helical pusher to push balls up a friends slide, and it's powered by a PF M Motor.

I tried to run it at BrickCan this weekend, but it only performed for a few hours before having a bunch of issues I'll need to fix.

I need to reinforce the input bin walls, tweak the output at the top of the slide, and fix a small gearing issue for the helical drive. Stay tuned for a version 2.

Very clean model! This is the type of video I can stare at for hours. It has something meditative to it.

I want to say that you've really raised the bar on this GBC but I think more appropriate would be that you've really raised the ball on this one!  Wow!  Thank you for sharing this.  

Very neat, and original mechanism!  

good to hear you got at least a few hours out of it.. that proves it's a mostly sound mechanism!

well done!

Nice GBC!
Would it be possible to put wheels on the axel of 4 to roll on the slide and not rub? The axel will quickly wear out with the strongly ...

That's a nice GBC. Kudo's on the video! I think it's great you didn't put in your own music - the balls have a rhythm of their own.

For anyone interested I've created instructions (not free) for the updated version of this module. After a disappointing showing for this module at BrickCan 2018 I've made a few fixes and improvements which has resulted in a successful hour long soak test.  I will be bringing this module to BrickCon 2018 for another "real" test later this year.  Head on over to my website in my sig if you are interested.

2 minutes ago, Berthil said:

It's a nice module and very good color setting on your version @dunes

Thanks.

You could use the gearbox changeover arm to push the balls up the ramp and still have it freely fall down on the axle.

17 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

You could use the gearbox changeover arm to push the balls up the ramp and still have it freely fall down on the axle.

What is the part number for the "changeover arm"?  I'm not familiar with that name.

21 minutes ago, Great Ball Pit said:

What is the part number for the "changeover arm"?  I'm not familiar with that name.

This part:- LEGO Change-over Catch (6641 / 19437) 

lego-change-over-catch-6641-19437-30.jpg

Thanks Doug!

I'm not sure if this would improve performance over the Technic connector that is currently used, but it's something we could test out.

tried it with that piece and it failed.

1st the axle hole is loose. need to have two half bushes in front and back.

800x600.jpg

and 2nd it wont slide over the top of the slide.. it hangs there.

I stay with the proven and optimised design 

I think Zerobricks meant that use the catch as the sliding part on the rotating vertical axle, not the actual pusher. This would eliminate the need for the other vertical axle.

15 hours ago, skppo said:

I think Zerobricks meant that use the catch as the sliding part on the rotating vertical axle, not the actual pusher. This would eliminate the need for the other vertical axle.

Exactly!

Tried it this way. 

Won't work either. Too much friction. Its not sliding up.

800x600.jpg

Finished in black and yellow.

Edited by dunes
video added

1 hour ago, dunes said:

Tried it this way. 

Won't work either. Too much friction. Its not sliding up.

That's a shame, I think it needs a counterweight so it doesnt lock up.