3 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

This piece was made in 0002.
Personally I do not buy any brand other than LEGO and if I made this step today is precisely so that LEGO reconnappet its delay, and especially, so that they take advance on the parts

If you ask me the reason why some clone brands are "more advanced" in parts, I would say: the minifig.

Minifigs is where clones differ a lot, and if you check where a lot of "common" Lego parts come from, they started as minifig accessories. Most, if not all of the clips, were robot minifig parts. Then guns & stuff. We might not even have the most basic part that bars are, without Star Wars.
Because other brands have very different minifigs, when they do have minifigs, I find their "utility" parts much more interesting, because they have less detail that sticks out and restricts the use of those parts. This is not a gap that Lego is gonna fill, because it's not Lego's philosophy to produce tiny parts that aren't minifig accessories.

As for this masonery corner, though, I can well imagine Lego doing it. The question is why did we get the 1x4 masonry part (which is generally more expensive than 2x 1x2's on top of it) before the corner ones.

Hello

For information, I just over 1000 prototype parts.
(I have ink 170 in advance, and I think to arrive at the end)

A big thank you to all those who put coins in favorites to show LEGO the needs we have.

LEGO piece idéa 0001

On 6/14/2018 at 9:21 PM, anothergol said:

If you ask me the reason why some clone brands are "more advanced" in parts, I would say: the minifig.

Minifigs is where clones differ a lot, and if you check where a lot of "common" Lego parts come from, they started as minifig accessories. Most, if not all of the clips, were robot minifig parts. Then guns & stuff. We might not even have the most basic part that bars are, without Star Wars.
Because other brands have very different minifigs, when they do have minifigs, I find their "utility" parts much more interesting, because they have less detail that sticks out and restricts the use of those parts. This is not a gap that Lego is gonna fill, because it's not Lego's philosophy to produce tiny parts that aren't minifig accessories.

As for this masonery corner, though, I can well imagine Lego doing it. The question is why did we get the 1x4 masonry part (which is generally more expensive than 2x 1x2's on top of it) before the corner ones. 

LEGO manufactures primarily for the needs of LEGO designers
it is quite possible that a creation had too many 2x1
In order not to increase the price of the box (too many pieces), they halved the number of pieces used thanks to the 1x4.

this explanation seems logical to me.

On 6/10/2018 at 12:46 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Hey there again @ZoulBrick:classic:

After seeing a render of a eight-wide version you'd recently done (pictured below), I was wondering if you'd be able to also render a four-wide version of part 45705

LEGO piece idéa 0158

here is a test with part 45705 first and then part 41751 to see the difference
Is this convincing?

jha1.png

2 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

In order not to increase the price of the box (too many pieces), they halved the number of pieces used thanks to the 1x4.

Yes, that wasn't a real question, it's to spare money and/or to make things easier/quicker for kids in junior sets. But also, the 1x4 looks better as it shows no gap, and it's sad that they didn't go for that part in the statue of liberty.

6 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

here is a test with part 45705 first and then part 41751 to see the difference
Is this convincing?

Absolutely! Those are both incredible!!! :thumbup: *oh2*

11 hours ago, anothergol said:

Yes, that wasn't a real question, it's to spare money and/or to make things easier/quicker for kids in junior sets. But also, the 1x4 looks better as it shows no gap, and it's sad that they didn't go for that part in the statue of liberty.

There is another reason I did not dress yesterday.

for a 1x1 angle and a 2x2 angle it takes 2 pieces per corner to succeed in making both patterns
1x1 = piece number: 0001 and 0885
angle 2x2 = piece number: 0002 and 0123 (last piece by still online)

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Absolutely! Those are both incredible!!! :thumbup: *oh2*

perfect, I did not dare to do because I find them very sharp and difficult to use on the front.
but it does not matter eventually;)

Between two there have been additions / changes in my stock so will be the pieces number 1176 and 1177

Good day everyone and thank you again for your help

On 5/3/2018 at 3:46 PM, ZoulBrick said:

if the others are good if below, it will be 0626 to 0630
is this good ??:

kbyf.png

Guess what? It looks like my dream slope has finally become a reality... :purrr:

LEGO Overwatch Watchpoint: Gibraltar (75975) (75975)

See it yet? :sweet:

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Guess what? It looks like my dream slope has finally become a reality... :purrr:

I would have preferred it vertical, with studs hole at the bottom, though (OR flat, but cut & with no studs on top). Here it's new studs to cover. But hey, still good to have.

2 minutes ago, zux said:

TLG would will use existing piece, most likely.

no it's really a new part

Edited by anothergol

Just now, anothergol said:

no it's really a new part

Ah, blind me! Didn't spot these after part I've quoted.

4 hours ago, zux said:

TLG would will use existing piece, most likely.

Nope, they're a pair of slope bricks that shift their 1×2 slope over a stud to either the left or the right without straightening the slope out, possibly very much like my sketch proposal:

New Part Proposals - Directionally Changing Slope Bricks

Excuse me for the very late response!
I am known a big new project, (flickr group with all the stickers to download ....)
in the finishing phase ...

I am very happy indeed to see this piece.
You know it is not unlikely that they are leaving a lot of pieces that we have worked in the next few months (and they will match the merit ...)
in any case it proves that my words, a little dry during my exchanges, have probably made them reflect.
And that's good.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:52 AM, ZoulBrick said:

I am very happy indeed to see this piece.
You know it is not unlikely that they are leaving a lot of pieces that we have worked in the next few months (and they will match the merit ...)
in any case it proves that my words, a little dry during my exchanges, have probably made them reflect.
And that's good.

They're here! :sweet: Pictures courtesy of @Oky and his review of 75975:

image.jpeg.8d149d6f12a4528ae04fc84dfb670963.jpegimage.jpeg.9440dd8cb29de47052d43453e280d0a7.jpeg

It's exactly that !
unfortunately, with the update of free comps flick soon, (which will remove all the oldest images of all free accounts to reach 1000 maximum image) all my proposals of parts will disappear!

It's exactly that !

Indeed! Now I'm hoping to see both inverse companions and 4x3 variants to follow! :sweet:

unfortunately, with the update of free comps flick soon, (which will remove all the oldest images of all free accounts to reach 1000 maximum image) all my proposals of parts will disappear!

Unless they're paying up, most are taking their excess photos to Instagram.

From left to right:  Connector Peg L-Pin (Left-Hand); Connector Peg L-Pin (Right-Hand); Connector Through L-Pin (Left-Hand); Connector Through L-Pin (Right-Hand); 90 Degree 1M Beam; Peg Through Connector; Reverse Connector Peg L-Pin (Left-Hand); Reverse Connector Peg L-Pin (Right-Hand); Reverse Connector Through L-Pin (Left-Hand); Reverse Connector Through L-Pin (Right-Hand); String Tie End, Female; String Tie End, Male.

Lego.jpg

Dual sided versions of the bracket pieces would be perfect for making smaller mixel joint scaled figures.

The would cover both sides and be symmetrical

mixel_joint_armor_bracket.png

I desperately want this piece but with the socket rotated 90 degrees:

14418.png

In other words the holes in the top and bottom of the socket would be on the sides instead.

That way, you could get a full 180 degree movement in the same plane the studs are in, with all studs pointing up.

I think this piece has the socket oriented more the way I want, but it's a loose socket, not tight like the mixel joints (right?) .

63082.png

Edited by danth

6 minutes ago, danth said:

I desperately want this piece but with the socket rotated 90 degrees:

14418.png

In other words the holes in the top and bottom of the socket would be on the sides instead.

That way, you could get a full 180 degree movement in the same plane the studs are in, with all studs pointing up.

I think this piece has the socket oriented more the way I want, but it's a loose socket, not tight like the mixel joints (right?) .

63082.png

yes the black piece is sometimes used for hitches on vehicles 

Yes, dream of new Lego part...well in bed with eyes closed. I used 18650 recharge battery, could cover it with Lego bricks, as wider than ×2 brick becomes ×5 wide, can use panels to get ×4 wide, likewise with the ends. So need new bricks to fit gap in corners.