Hello everyone

1- I hope this subject is in the right place.
2- Sorry for my bad english

I think you all have at one time or another during a construction, wanted to have a room that does not exist to carry out your project.

So, you've probably imagined several over the years.

1- I imagined myself to create several in recent days (others to come)
You can find them on Flickr HERE
you can react on what you see.

2- Would you like to propose some already, in 3D or other?
I opened a group for:

- the techniques,
- tutorials
- new coins
1 month ago on Flickr HERE

3- Do you have any ideas?

=> Could you describe by embellishing an image that you would like to have?
I can try to create on request if my limitation 2D (photoshop) allows it.

By the way for your information, I also realized baseplates that are on Flickr.

I would like your opinions, your reactions, your proposals ...

TYVM

Some exemples:

Spoiler

ata4.png

The corner masonry/'wall' pieces would certainly be useful.

For me, it's the things I can't create myself through other methods that I'd like to see most. It is crazy that I've been a fan of Lego for over 30 years and yet there are so many animals we've never had a proper minifig scale version of. Therefore I dream of a giraffe, zebra, sea lion, kangaroo and hippopotamus (and for the record I think brick built animals look very much out of place before anybody suggest this!).

More variety in windows and doors (different shapes and sizes) would also be great.

Edited by lifeinplastic

There's a long-running thread with part design proposals like this and discussion. You should share those here as they'll probably get more feedback as this discussion has been going for about 8 years:

12 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

I imagined myself to create several in recent days (others to come)
You can find them on Flickr HERE
you can react on what you see.

TRULY MAGNIFICENT! *oh2*

Man, I've just looked through all five pages of your linked Flickr album of part proposals, and I'm seriously impressed! Like @koalayummies had suggested, you really should share these proposals in the Embassy topic he mentioned! :sweet:

13 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

Could you describe by embellishing an image that you would like to have?
I can try to create on request if my limitation 2D (photoshop) allows it.

Well, a family of parts I've always really wished to see would be some slope brick pairs which resembled 6565/6564 and 41767/41768, only this time with their directionally changing faces (the side of the brick which "goes against the grain" of the studs) sloped. Think of the part pair 43720/43721, only this time the slope stays constant instead of straightening out to an upwards face.

I mostly just wish that whenever TLG introduced a new slope or wedge, it would also introduce its inverted counterpart.  It seems like such an obvious thing to do, yet the catalog of inverted slopes and wedges is much sparser than the catalog of upright slopes and wedges.  This would go a long way towards improving the shapes of starfighters (in particular, the A-wing, Naboo fighter, and T-70 X-wing) and also be widely useful in aircraft, boat, and Space builds.

16 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

[...]

More variety in windows and doors (different shapes and sizes) would also be great.

Thank you for this information, Unfortunately, with photoshop, I am "limited", I need support to work. so for animals, I have to find a plastic model to insert and then rework (a huge job).

I take note of the rest, thank you

16 hours ago, koalayummies said:

There's a long-running thread with part design proposals like this and discussion. You should share those here as they'll probably get more feedback as this discussion has been going for about 8 years:

[...]

I take note and I will add a massage because the topics intersect but the approach is not the same.
thank you very much

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

TRULY MAGNIFICENT! *oh2*

Man, I've just looked through all five pages of your linked Flickr album of part proposals, and I'm seriously impressed!

[...]

. Think of the part pair 43720/43721, only this time the slope stays constant instead of straightening out to an upwards face.

thank you very much, I look at all that I can

7 hours ago, icm said:

I mostly just wish that whenever TLG introduced a new slope or wedge, it would also introduce its inverted counterpart.  [...] 

and also be widely useful in aircraft, boat, and Space builds.

I'm trying to see if I understood correctly
thank you

11 hours ago, icm said:

I mostly just wish that whenever TLG introduced a new slope or wedge, it would also introduce its inverted counterpart.  

For instance, I'd hope to someday see inverse counterparts for part pairs 50955/50956 and 42060/42061.

On 24/04/2018 at 6:21 PM, lifeinplastic said:

[....]

For animals now I can not do anything
concerning the windows, I realized 3 (modern) I need examples, or explanations from existing window, Thank you

19 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

[....]

Well, a family of parts I've always really wished to see would be some slope brick pairs which resembled 6565/6564 and 41767/41768, only this time with their directionally changing faces (the side of the brick which "goes against the grain" of the studs) sloped. Think of the part pair 43720/43721, only this time the slope stays constant instead of straightening out to an upwards face.

If I understood correctly, it was necessary to do the parts 6465 and 6564 way 43720 (same slope), it is done, posting on flickr in 24 hours

19 hours ago, icm said:

I mostly just wish that whenever TLG introduced a new slope or wedge, it would also introduce its inverted counterpart.  It seems like such an obvious thing to do, yet the catalog of inverted slopes and wedges is much sparser than the catalog of upright slopes and wedges.  This would go a long way towards improving the shapes of starfighters (in particular, the A-wing, Naboo fighter, and T-70 X-wing) and also be widely useful in aircraft, boat, and Space builds.

I need examples and references, you are not precise enough. thank you

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

For instance, I'd hope to someday see inverse counterparts for part pairs 50955/50956 and 42060/42061.

It is done, posting on flickr in 24 hours

Remember that if you like coins, the more favorites they have, the greater the chance that LEGO will create them.
In a little while, I will write to lego to report the group Flickr and this file or are stored full of new parts.

Capture.PNG

16 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

If I understood correctly, it was necessary to do the parts 6465 and 6564 way 43720 (same slope), it is done, posting on flickr in 24 hours

Oh, well, thank you for the render of a 2×3 rendition of that part, but I'm afraid I haven't explained myself well enough. By "same slope", I meant a part like 43720/43721, but with a continuous slope which doesn't transition to an upright, non-sloped face.

I'm not sure if you would be able to render a part like that, so if not, I understand. :classic:

I leave closed photoshop 2 years, I start to heat again and resume my marks, so I can surely do something.

However, if the pieces I just posted in my flickr folder is not good, I still have not understood (I go through the translator so it's not always obvious)
make me a little drawing, sketch and hop! a little picture   ;)

Edited by ZoulBrick

On 24/04/2018 at 6:21 PM, lifeinplastic said:

For me, it's the things I can't create myself through other methods that I'd like to see most. It is crazy that I've been a fan of Lego for over 30 years and yet there are so many animals we've never had a proper minifig scale version of. Therefore I dream of a giraffe, zebra, sea lion, kangaroo and hippopotamus (and for the record I think brick built animals look very much out of place before anybody suggest this!).

for windows, I need more details (height, width, depth, shape etc etc)

you can show me examples of real windows you want. The subject is too wide, I need a direction.

I just found your happiness without working;)

On 24/04/2018 at 5:21 PM, lifeinplastic said:

I second your suggestion of more moulded animals. It's crazy that it took 33 years for LEGO to get from a moulded horse to a moulded big cat (panther/cougar). Sheep! Sheep!! Incredible that LEGO doesn't do a moulded sheep.

Other parts I would like to see include a slender scimitar like the one on the left in this picture. It's a third party piece but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be produced anymore:

assassins_with_katars.jpg

Another very long overdue part (assembly really) is a system compatible moulded large minifigure. Would be great for giants and oversized super heroes of all kinds. I don't mean a bigfig; I mean a large minifigure like this one I created from a converted keyring/torch:

kappa_bigfig_oni.jpg

Related to both the giant minifigure and the moulded animals, I wish there were more moulded mythical creatures such as a unicorn, hydra and sphinx.

Lastly, a transparent stand to hold minifigures so they appear to be flying either vertically or horizontally would be great. You can brick build it already - and I do - but it would be cool to have a single part for that. 

Edited by AmperZand

Socle, knife and cape (for Lord Garmadon with 2 busts) Ok

The display will be surely Sunday or Monday ;)

Edited by ZoulBrick

9 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Do you think you could do a version of this part

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=22961&idColor=86#T=C&C=86

But with an axle hole instead of a pin hole. There have been many occasions where I needed such a part. Seeing as you're sending these ideas to Lego.

Hello

Thanks for the idea

I already made it in part number 0459, it should not delay to appear.
You will tell me if I understood your request correctly;)

I'm just at 0500 in my PC

I have already submitted to LEGO my baseplates (in other flickr albums), rails and plants less than a month ago, this has been passed on to the designers. I'm waiting for a return.

A series of parts I would love ar the half arch type pieces that were inadvertently shown in the NYTF HP sets.

2018-02-17-04.21.12.jpg?ssl=1

So in the same style as those white parts and equivalent parts to do larger semicircular and gothic arches, with the base / impost just 1 wide for multiple side by side arches.

Also, plates with open studs (or full holes) woudlbe useful. We have lots of plant / grass type pieces with stems now (carrot top, etc), being able to put them directly into a plate would be good.

Edited by MAB

7 hours ago, ZoulBrick said:

Hello

Thanks for the idea

I already made it in part number 0459, it should not delay to appear.
You will tell me if I understood your request correctly;)

I'm just at 0500 in my PC

I have already submitted to LEGO my baseplates (in other flickr albums), rails and plants less than a month ago, this has been passed on to the designers. I'm waiting for a return.

Not that. I was more referring to it having both an axle connection and an axle hole connection.

This part if it only had one axle connection sticking out of it (The one on the top right specifically)

57585.png

8 hours ago, MAB said:

[...]So in the same style as those white parts and equivalent parts to do larger semicircular and gothic arches, with the base / impost just 1 wide for multiple side by side arches. Also, plates with open studs (or full holes) woudlbe useful. We have lots of plant / grass type pieces with stems now (carrot top, etc), being able to put them directly into a plate would be good.

I finished the whole series for the white bows (all sizes to the identical), for cons I forgot to put studs to plant things in, I will rectify that.

tell me if that's right

w1ic.png

6 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Not that. I was more referring to it having both an axle connection and an axle hole connection.

This part if it only had one axle connection sticking out of it (The one on the top right specifically)

I am not very experienced with the technical terms and the translator does not translate very clearly.
I just tried something else. If that does not fit, make a sketch in pencil.

14q0.png

As you can see I am a 539 prototype parts

Almost. Here this should make it clear

part.png

That is the part I wish I had when building.

Edited by Takanuinuva

It does not help me anymore.

there are already the pieces:

- 22961 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=140515#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

- 6553 https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?id=1532#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

If you want :   4274    Instead of : 32062   ???

there is this one : 15100

is this the 15100 with an X instead of the central O?

Edit: like that?

k1vs.png

Edited by ZoulBrick

I can't make it any more clear than the picture.

No pin connections on the part at all. Only axles

part.png

Edited by Takanuinuva

there are no problems, it makes me happy to do it and especially to get there.
So I created other pieces "may be useful" through our exchange.

you would have just said simply: we keep a branch, (we suppress 2) and we keep the center, I would have understood immediately. ;)
I'm not very comfortable with the technical baths that you use LEGO experts, I come back after 20 years without seeing a single thanks to my children ...

See you soon

Edit: 

lifeinplastic, I'm counting on you to bring me pictures (google or other) of windows, to have a style, a particular form

Edited by ZoulBrick

Some useful part proposals you made! My favorites are the inverted tiles, it would be really nice to have them.

Spoiler

LEGO piece idéa 0026

LEGO piece idéa 0027

LEGO piece idéa 0028

LEGO piece idéa 0029

LEGO piece idéa 0032

I'd like to see some corner masonry bricks as well. 

Spoiler

LEGO piece idéa 0001