Hello,

I have a couple of questions regarding Lego Mindstorms EV3

1) Is it possible to program the EV3 brick using C++? Is it a viable option when programming?

2) Is there some software that could help me programme an EV3 robot with NXT sensors? I have not been able to find this option in Labview so far? Can you recommend me an alternative?

I’ll be highly grateful for any answers.

There are way to use other programming languages - I've heard of leJOS but I think that uses Java.

Under the Advanced tab, there should be a "Raw Sensor Value" block. I've never tried it since I don't have a NXT, but that might get you something. You'll have to do all the behind-the-scenes stuff (converting the raw value to something meaningful, then doing all the "wait until xxx happens" stuff that's normally handled by the sensor blocks).

4 hours ago, david4662 said:

2) Is there some software that could help me programme an EV3 robot with NXT sensors? I have not been able to find this option in Labview so far? Can you recommend me an alternative?

I'm pretty sure you can straight-up use mindstorms buttons, light sensors, sound sensors and motors on EV3. I do know that you, for sure, cannot use the ultrasonic sensor.