Limga

"T" is for Turbo! Trophy Truck for BuWizz Fast Car competition.

This is my entry for BuWizz Fast Car competition.
Features:
- RWD with differential
- Front independent suspension with positive castor
- Rear live-axle suspension with long trailing arms
- RC/Buggy motor for propulsion
- Servo-motor for steering
- BuWizz 2.0

I wanted to make a fast and agile car that will provide some real "turbo" experience of driving. The appearance is much inspired by BJ Baldwin's trophy truck. 
I recorded video in the last days of March, when we still had a lot of snow and it was a bit of luck to find some clean place to make video. I am still learning how to make good videos and this was a nice experience.
If you like my entry, you are welcome to vote:) https://buwizz.com/buwizz-fast-car-competition/

Edited by Limga
additional info

On 22.04.2018 at 11:12 PM, sirslayer said:

Hard to tell if its playing normal speed... good build though!! 

Thanks! All video is played in normal speed except for the parts with slow-mo. I too have a feeling that something is abnormal, I guess it is because different cameras I used had different FPS.

On 23.04.2018 at 1:53 AM, MattL600 said:

Nice! Very fast!

On 23.04.2018 at 2:34 AM, KD123 said:

Good luck with the competition!  Nice video, build, and great driving.

Thank you! Glad to hear it. 

6 hours ago, LithuanianTF said:

thats not normal speed.

4 hours ago, Techniccrack said:

Why did you speed up your video?

You can be disqualified for that...

Rc motors are fast, you may be mistaken...

I know that. But look at the raindrops. Its speed up.for sure

let me correct myself. its damn fast, for sure :) 

i looks like its speed up.

but cool build!

Edited by Techniccrack

I understand the process of video editing and its a good video. its timing on certain shots are hard to follow and using different cameras can be a chore to edit together. I can tell by looking at the background and you can see the different in FPS . I've done a 12 volt conversion and your performance is not question and I believe your model does fly.  

Edited by sirslayer

On 23.04.2018 at 12:31 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Nice build! :thumbup: Are my eyes deceiving me, or did I see that truck pull a wheelie?! Good luck in the contest!

Thank you! Yeah, it did indeed pull a wheelie for a couple of times when BuWizz has not been discharged much yet:)

On 24.04.2018 at 3:11 PM, LithuanianTF said:

thats not normal speed.

On 24.04.2018 at 5:14 PM, Techniccrack said:

I can upload all 50Gb of raw video or just some cuts without music to prove that it is real speed indeed. Fun fact is that the contest is about fast cars and it kind of please to hear opinion that the video is speeded up :classic:

On 24.04.2018 at 10:44 PM, Techniccrack said:

I know that. But look at the raindrops. Its speed up.for sure

let me correct myself. its damn fast, for sure :) 

i looks like its speed up.

but cool build!

I understand why video may be looking like it is speeded up. Those are not raindrops from rain :classic:. You can see that there are some wet and dry areas on video. The reason is simple: there is some kind of "roof" over the place where I recorded the video. The snow on this roof is melting very fast and is making those "raindrops".
Here is the screenshot of the video with this "roof", you can see snow over it.
1.jpg

Also on video on 1:22 and on 1:34 you can see those "raindrops" with the slow movement of the car and the movement of men that are obviously not looking like speeded up.  

On 24.04.2018 at 11:23 PM, sirslayer said:

I understand the process of video editing and its a good video. its timing on certain shots are hard to follow and using different cameras can be a chore to edit together. I can tell by looking at the background and you can see the different in FPS . I've done a 12 volt conversion and your performance is not question and I believe your model does fly.  

Thank you! I appreciate your comment since I really wanted to make a good video :blush:

Edited by Limga
edited image

On 24.04.2018 at 6:14 PM, Techniccrack said:

On 24.04.2018 at 4:11 PM, LithuanianTF said:

thats not normal speed.

Guys, what's wrong with speed? There is no such rule, as I remember. This model is one of the smallest and lightest here, according to size of the wheels. So it looks much quicker than larger models on the video. Even if it is speeded up, this  can't help car jump longer...

another moment, car accelerated by hand or speeded up driving down the hill - it will jump much far than car accelerated by motor only. And watching videos of other contestants that jump far, I am not sure that some of them accelerated naturally by buwizz and motor only. Video editing and choosing right camera angle can hide some jump cheats.

Edited by rm8

On 2/9/2021 at 11:39 PM, Woodstock pl said:

Nice! what piece do you use for the steering hub?

Thanks!
Steering hub is this part (32186) from 8448 set.

32186.png

5 hours ago, Limga said:

Thanks!
Steering hub is this part (32186) from 8448 set.

32186.png

I’ll have to get my hands on some of those. The hub parts from the snowmobile set don’t make the cut when it comes to stable steering. Thanks!

WPL

Edited by Woodstock pl