Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share my newest MOC, the 

2018 Supercar!

800x450.jpg

So I started work on this right at the beginning of the year. I had some ideas in my mind that I wanted to include. The best real- life car I could find that had what I imagined was the Lamborghini Sesto Elemento, so I used those blueprints to assist me in making this car. I worked on and off up to here, and I'm happy finally have it complete. 

Rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-14205/offroadcreations/2018-supercar/#comments

Features:
Opening suicide doors
Opening trunk to reveal engine
Fake V8 engine
Sariel's 4 speed gearbox
RWD
HoG steering and working steering wheel
Detailed interior
Independent suspension on all wheels. 

Some more pics:

800x550.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

Interior with touchscreen is the dashboard, as I always like to include:

800x450.jpg

Other colors:

800x450.jpg800x600.jpg

I personally really like how this turned out. As this is my third attempt, I think I'm starting to get the hang of this supercar thing. 

But tell me what you think!

Awesome car!! It definitely screams Lamborghini to me. The all black one is the best in my opinion.

First thought when I saw the car was: that looks like a Lambo... So well done on that :thumbup:

A few nitpicks (all just my opinion)
The wheels stick out a bit too much. Which necesates the (too) wide arch around the front wheels.
The rear diffusor feels tucked on
The grey 5x7 frame that is visible on the side

But that is compensated with super sleek lines in the bodywork, the rear spoiler and the overall Lambo vibe you got into this model :wub:

Cool model for sure, definitely looks like a Lambo! :thumbup:

My only critique is that the rear looks too short, there should be some body behind the wheels to ease the transition to that massive bumper/exhaust.

Very clean lines and great proportions for a fantasy moc and has some decent functions to match. Well done! 

Very nice! (and black :sweet:) I think the only part that doesn't look too good is the grey frames on the sides - considering these are now made in black...

Thanks everyone!

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:57 AM, Jeroen Ottens said:

The rear diffusor feels tucked on

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 2:25 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

that massive bumper/exhaust.

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:16 PM, Meatman said:

that thing hanging off of the rear end looks really out of place.

I kinda agree that its a bit out of place. However it can easily be removed. The only problem is that it helps secure the gears in the back.

800x480.jpg

Not having it is really growing on me...

18 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

I think the only part that doesn't look too good is the grey frames on the sides - considering these are now made in black...

The grey 5x7 frame that is visible on the side

I know, so I put the black one in the parts list. 

On ‎4‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Your gears are reversed, Fast to slow is what it should be.

Ok, I wasn't sure. 

The wheels stick out a bit too much. Which necesates the (too) wide arch around the front wheels.

I honestly like them to stick out a bit, but I'll keep this in mind for next time so they don't go out too much. 

On 4/22/2018 at 8:28 PM, LvdH said:

Awesome car!! It definitely screams Lamborghini to me. The all black one is the best in my opinion.

Agree completely :thumbup:

Very nice supercar! Straightforward, not pretentious and clean, I like it a lot.

Just now, TechnicRCRacer said:

I think that there should be a rear diffusor, but smaller and less noticeable.

I think the diffusor should stay like this, but increase the length of the rear like @Leonardo da Bricki said.

I reckon it’d look better if you scrapped the giant diffuser and elongated the back by two to three studs. Giant diffusers don’t really appear on supercars unless they’re GT racers, which this car doesn’t seem to be

Edited by Bartybum

What a beautiful piston engine. The entire thing looks very sleek and smooth, and the incorporated mechanisms such as steering made me smile. I love car builds like this, packing in as much detail as possible in the functions, making it as close to the real thing as possible. Love it.