ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 5   

33 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

• 1 - Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Outstanding
  2. 2. Which Jurassic World set do you prefer?

• 75918: T-Rex Tracker
    • 75933: T.Rex Transport

approvedgold_v2_50.png

Hello everyone,

I am very pleased to share my first LEGO Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom review in Eurobricks. I am always a huge fan of dinosaurs and an avid supporter for the 2015 LEGO Jurassic World sets. The latest Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom LEGO sets are part of a worldwide theatrical release slated on 7 Jun 18. In case you are not aware of the hype, here is the movie trailer to give you a sneak peek. Without further ado, let's take a closer look at this new building set and see for yourself if is worth the excitement. 

Name: 75933 T.Rex Transport
Theme: LEGO System / Licensed / Jurassic World / Fallen Kingdom
Year: 2018
Pieces: 609
Minifigs: 3
Price: USD $69.99, GBP 59.99, EURO 69.99, SGD $129.90
Resources: Brickset, BrickLink

An original box image of the 75933 T.Rex Transport
27752528468_c09d3b5082_o_d.jpg

Back view of the original box image of the 75933 T.Rex Transport
40910899404_3d07a28812_o_d.jpg

The most secured Tyrannosaurus Rex mobile transport
27752518778_86de151d46_o_d.jpg
This 75933 T.Rex Transport is a TRU exclusive in Singapore and I believe this is the same for other regions elsewhere. I am very elated to see the return of this licensed theme. Among the current 9 Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom sets, this set is the second largest in terms of piece count after falling behind the 75930 Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate. This building set comprise of three minifigures, a T.Rex, a Baby Dino, truck with detachable trailer and a mobile laboratory unit. After building this set, I had incredible satisfaction and had fun integrating the set in my Jurassic World collection. This new collection encourage all of the collectors to buy all of the other sets in order complete the full dinosaur series and most of them are unique to some sets. I also noticed there is a new playing concept where it encourage builders to build your own dinosaur hybrids by interchanging the existing dinosaur parts. It is certainly interesting to see what other builders can come up with their creative dinosaurs. 

The content of the sealed box
40910898614_d44fa23d2a_o_d.jpg
The sealed box come with three numbered mint packs and elastic leads. The instruction manuals are part of the content. This set also contain a dreaded sticker sheet which I did not apply for my set. There is also a combined sealed packets for the mighty dinosaur.  After the set is completed, these are the remaining spare parts which are spread across the packs. You can view the spare parts for packet 1, packet 2 and packet 3.  

The new LEGO Jurassic World minifigures
27752524718_e18a2b008c_o_d.jpg

These are the latest unique minifigures from the Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom. From left to right, we have two security guards (each equipped with shock prod and stud shooter) or could be former ACUs (Asset Containment Units) and Zia Rodriguez holding a teal syringe, who is a member of the Dinosaur Protection Group and biology expert by profession.  By changing their heads over, you can see Zia's alternate facial expression and the other masked guard appearance. All of the minifigures are featured with impressive back printing. I was hoping based on such an expensive price tag and it could give one more minifigure to make the value enticing. 

Front view of the ACUs and Guards
40910894294_25f35f8760_o_d.jpg
More importantly, I also took the chance to show a contrasting comparison with the former ACUs in 2015. To be honest, I find the new guards are very impressive with the dark blue uniform on the torso and legs. Those are the closer military appearance you could ever get in LEGO official sets. The guards' outfits are similar to those private military contractor or hired mercenaries. Without the former ACUs body armour, those new design are even more superior and better looking with their darker shade of blue. I am very tempted to army build these new guards. After all, you need an army to appease and subdue T.Rex. You can take a closer look at their minifigures' back printing. Among the above designs, which one could be your favourite guard design? 

A closer look at the Baby Dino
40910896444_6ff70c5289_o_d.jpg
The new baby dino is truly incredible and beautiful. It is very well designed and captured the essential built of a baby dinosaur and in this case, it is definitely resembling a raptor. I am sure Owen kept Blue and their siblings close when there were just baby dinos. This baby dino also appeared in 30382 Baby Velociraptor Playpen and 75931 Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack

The completed built of Tyrannosaurus Rex
27752523578_0cd95bd868_o_d.jpg
This is the main attraction of the building set and another wonderful variant of Tyrannosaurus Rex which is measured at 17cm high. This variant will add perfectly to those people who specially collect LEGO dinosaurs and some of the other unique Tyrannosaurus Rex also made an appearance in 5886 T-Rex Hunter, 5887 Dino Defense HQ and 75918 T-Rex Tracker. The LEGO dinosaur are very easy to assemble by just click and connect. It is well articulated on the arms, legs and head which increase the playability greatly. 

Comparison between both T.Rex dinosaurs
40910896184_d9183d414a_o_d.jpg

Restrain the T.Rex no matter what
27752519088_39df7f6954_o_d.jpg

The entire building content for Packet 1
40910894494_be60c70b16_o_d.jpg

The completed built for Packet 1
40910897774_205f58be08_o_d.jpg
The completed built for the first packet is to build the mobile laboratory unit, trucker and Tyrannosaurus Rex. It also include a baby dino and a guard. The mobile laboratory unit can be opened up to deploy by attaching the leads to the dinosaur to perform an emergency blood transfusion which I believe is part of the movie plot to save the dinosaur. This is the playing illustration which can be seen at the back of the box. Personally I felt is unsafe to treat this kind of dangerous dinosaur without any form of physical cage to restrain its movement. 

Performing an emergency blood transfusion
40910894104_8360a89298_o_d.jpg

The entire building content for Packet 2
27752525718_2ff5882f1c_o_d.jpg

The completed built for Packet 2
40910897394_4ac352a761_o_d.jpg
The completed built of packet 2 is focused on the base of the trailer and the containment unit and this packet also include another guard. 

The entire building content for Packet 3
27752519508_ebb3c03738_o_d.jpg

The completed built for Packet 3
40910897124_87b5df6105_o_d.jpg

The completed built of packet 3 include the fully built of the truck trailer and it also included the minifigure of Zia Rodriguez . 

The completed built of T.Rex truck transporter
40910895834_82be472338_o_d.jpg
This is an excellent 6-stud wide truck transport built. I never had so much satisfaction building this outstanding truck transport. The overall colour scheme remain close to the overall Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom vehicular deployment. The built is compact and include many fine details of how a trucker ought to look like. The truck measures over 8cm high, 14cm long and 8cm wide, while the trailer with containment unit measures over 16cm high, 17cm long and 9cm wide. It can successfully contain a full grown Tyrannosaurus Rex in a secure compartment unit for mobile transport. The truck transport can detach the trailer which can be seen from the playing illustration. This action will enable the containment unit intact for further processing. The gates can be opened to allow an unintended escape scene from this playing illustration as well. You can place the driver in the front seat by manually removing the hatch

The new T.Rex Transport is similar to its predecessor of 75918 T-Rex Tracker which was released in 2015. Both of the transport are unique to their terrains. The new 75933 is more suitable to transport on roads, while the 75918 seem to be more military rugged and suitable for rough uneven terrain. Both have their positive appearances and for my personal preference, I preferred the new 75918. 

You can view more of the completed truck transport built from the front view, back view and bottom view

Comparison between 75918 T-Rex Tracker and 75933 T.Rex Transport
27752520768_ebcc90eece_o_d.jpg

Prepare the secure mobile column
27752520268_e0d96acc59_o_d.jpg

Run for your lives!
40910894914_8523aa2f98_o_d.jpg
To conclude, this set is an excellent LEGO playset with a superb Tyrannosaurus Rex and a Baby Dino. The biggest pull for me to buy this set is actually the design of the truck transport which I am very fond of. It is well secure and suitable for transport dangerous dinosaur with high security presence. There are three minifigures and despite of the very high price tag against the price per parts ratio. I find it very expensive to buy it locally without decent discount, considering this is also a TRU exclusive in Singapore. I wish it could include one more minifigure to sweeten the set. I supposed the large amount of cost could go to the dinosaur molding. I am strongly disappointed in the SRP, especially when comparing it with other favourable regions like the US. Overall, it is an outstanding set and integrate well with your past Jurassic World collections. Do pick it up if you happen to get a great price on it. 

Summary review
Playability: 9/10 (Fun playability on the truck trailer and integration.)
Design: 9/10 (Excellent design on the overall truck trailer and dinosaur.)
Price: 6/10 (Price is on the high side when taken Singapore SRP into consideration price per parts ratio and minifigure counts. US SRP is acceptable in this case)
Overall: 8/10 (Do get this set and experience the Jurassic World in your LEGO collection.)

I gave it a "5" based on my Review Score Card. :wink: What about you?

I hope every one of you enjoyed reading this simple review of mine. Comments and Criticisms are welcomed.
Pictures can be found in My Flickr.

Dear Eurobricks Community, 

I am very pleased to share my latest reviewing project. Love the new Jurassic World - Fallen Kingdom sets. This is my first purchase on this new theme and I am already looking forward to get the rest of the sets in due time. Hope you enjoyed reading it. 

WhiteFang

I think this has to be my favorite of all the Fallen Kingdom sets, primarily for both its truck build and the new dual molded legs on Zia. But, while I think the build for this set is vastly superior to 2015's closely related variant, I just don't care much for this set's coloring of the Tyranosaurus.

Great to see a review while the sets are actually new, thanks

As far as it being a TRU exclusive, I saw it at Walmart yesterday, so at least in my area it is not. (Indianapolis)

This is one of the sets I may get, will wait for a discount though. 

Great review and I agree with you on the truck design. It looks really nice and perhaps the best part is the use of the corrugated panel in grey. It will come in handy in MOCs.

The greatest disappointment (nit-picking) for me is the colour scheme makes this T-Rex appear to have an overcooked top with an undercooked  underside -- which reminds me of the fried chicken that I cooked the other day. Not very good.

This one is far superior compared with the 2015 one.

I think I like this T-Rex better

Zia Rodriguez minifigure is my fav By the way, I think the syringe color is "aqua", not teal

Thanks for the review

Thanks guys for your comments and thoughts for this review. :sweet:

19 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

As far as it being a TRU exclusive, I saw it at Walmart yesterday, so at least in my area it is not. (Indianapolis)

We do not have Walmart in this region, so I am not surprise that it might be a Walmart exclusive in the US. 

13 hours ago, makoy said:

Great review and I agree with you on the truck design. It looks really nice and perhaps the best part is the use of the corrugated panel in grey. It will come in handy in MOCs.

The greatest disappointment (nit-picking) for me is the colour scheme makes this T-Rex appear to have an overcooked top with an undercooked  underside -- which reminds me of the fried chicken that I cooked the other day. Not very good.

Indeed, I agree that one of the best parts are the panels. Well, I personally think the T-Rex colour scheme is alright. It's definitely doesn't look like KFC to me. :tongue: 

12 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Zia Rodriguez minifigure is my fav By the way, I think the syringe color is "aqua", not teal

Thanks for the pointer. 

6 hours ago, kaelthas said:

Nice review as always. I wonder how many LEGO Dinosaurs are there? 

Which LEGO dinosaurs are you referring to? @bombcar had provided the link with all of the past released dinosaurs. 

Still can't understand why they don't make a classic JP set with trex, gates and cars... These are cool but ...

Edited by MOMAtteo79

2 hours ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

Still can't understand why they don't make a classic JP set with trex, gates and cars... These are cool but ...

How about T.rex Breakout 10758 

:laugh:
:classic:
:sceptic:
:cry_sad:

Edit : Sad realisation 
This amazing Lego Idea never went through because of that Juniors set.

Edited by Dorino
Just a thought

Nice review. Not sure if I'll buy this set but I agree with most that the truck and trailer is superior to the rig from the 2015 T-Rex Tracker set.

Anyone in the USA seen this in a non-LEGO Store? I'm trying to figure out if it was a TRU exclusive. Walmart has two exclusive sets and this one seems to only be at S@H.

46 minutes ago, Maple said:

Anyone in the USA seen this in a non-LEGO Store? I'm trying to figure out if it was a TRU exclusive. Walmart has two exclusive sets and this one seems to only be at S@H.

On 4/22/2018 at 2:13 PM, Johnny1360 said:

I actually almost bought it, just for the corrugated panels on the truck. 

Outstanding review as always Whitefang! I think the comparison between the 75918 & 75933 was very impressive to see. I think the new one looks way better (even tho I would probably moc the truck a bit bigger) But that is my personal opinion.