Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[Galidor Category B] TDN Module landing

After a bumpy ride through the Viniculum, Nick Bluetooth lands the Trans Dimensional Navigator Module and sets foot on Galidor.

He has a fateful encounter with Jens, his future robot companion.

40909643964_e4a834c79c_c.jpg

27750585588_a46c00da25_c.jpg

26751386047_7564ea6672_c.jpg

27751108508_730065aedc_c.jpg

41579452802_517ba14774_c.jpg

Hi guys! I present to you the hugely iconic TDN module, the coolest craft in the history ever. :grin: Jokes aside, building this was quite a challenge! Not only had I never attempted to accurately translate a model from a franchise to bricks in minifig scale, but also the choice of colour was a limiting factor. In the end, I think the model captures the overall concept fairly well (the "bigger on the inside" thing was kind of hard to realise.. :tongue:) and I'm pretty satisfied. I wish I had a sand blue plain nexo shield (from the Brick Bank) to replace the 1x2 tiles right above the cockpit window, though, to match the actual thing: https://brickset.com/sets/8315-1/TDN-Module.

Anyway, I hope you like it! Thanks for looking! :sweet:

Edited by Exetrius

I love the Jens and Nick minifigures! The TDN module is also very authentic looking despite being a lot blockier. I do think that it would've been nice if you could have used a neck bracket and some additional pieces to give Jens his second set of arms.

11 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I love the Jens and Nick minifigures!

The usage of Solo's hairpiece on Nick just shows how 90's/early 2000's of a hairstyle it really is. :laugh:

18 hours ago, Constraction Deva said:

Neat! I like how you used the pirate steering wheel to achieve the curvature of the tiles. The surrounding environment also contrasts the ship nicely. Great work!

Thank you! That steering wheel construction gave me enough headaches, that's for sure! On the other hand, it did indeed allow for the curves and thinner walls, while maintaining just enough structural integrity. 

17 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I love the Jens and Nick minifigures! The TDN module is also very authentic looking despite being a lot blockier. I do think that it would've been nice if you could have used a neck bracket and some additional pieces to give Jens his second set of arms.

Thanks, man! I tried to take away as much squared-ness as possible, but I think it's still the weakest point of this model. I had Sand Blue 1x3 and 1x4 plates, 1x2 and 2x4 tiles to work with, I really missed the curved plates and wedges one would normally use. But that's part of the challenge. :wink: 

Great suggestion, hadn't considered that! 

e371959755.png

How do you like that? :sweet:

5 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The usage of Solo's hairpiece on Nick just shows how 90's/early 2000's of a hairstyle it really is. :laugh:

I know, right? :grin: