Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[Lester] Mehadja Inspector

Kasjmir, 1938

My dearest Lester,

The news has reached me that you are about to embark on an adventure, how wonderful! It seems you have inherited your father's wanderlust after all, which joys me greatly. He would have been so proud, and so am I. It has been a while since I last saw you, when was it again; before I left for Nepal I suppose? In any case, your uncle is looking forward to explore haunted tombs with you! Alright, enough with the chitter-chatter. You are in need of proper equipment. Travelling India is like a walk in the park, except there are no benches, no paths, more bushes, more mud pools, and all dogs are replaced by tigers and venomous snakes. In all honesty, it matters not what I write down here, I cannot prepare you for all that lies ahead of you. Yet, I do happen to have acquired a globe-worthy vehicle, a Mehadja Inspector no less, from an acquaintance in Delhi. It will get to you in little more than a month, so I advise you to start packing your luggage... See you soon!

Kindest regards,

your Uncle,

Samuel Eon

41607591431_70614d07fc_c.jpg

27738290448_f4da44e2dc_c.jpg

41608262641_924827abc8_c.jpg

Hi everyone, here is my entry to the Lester contest! It was fun to once again step out of my genre and try something different. I interpreted the content guidelines quite freely: a vehicle that can travel the world, roughly the same theme and scale as the example vehicles. As you can see, it's sort of a jeep-truck. The 7-wide wheelbase and working suspension make this a very terrain-worthy machine, it can do slopes of 40 degrees without tipping over, by far the most fun feature here in my opinion!

I hope this is a qualifying entry! :classic: More pictures can be found here on Flickr: https://flic.kr/s/aHskCwM8GW. Thanks for looking!

Edited by Exetrius

On 22-4-2018 at 1:19 AM, Digger of Bricks said:

Nice! I really dig the way you attached the headlights and its rickety suspension! :thumbup: :grin:

Thanks, yes I like the headlights too. I had to choose from 15 (symmetrical) configurations with the lights, and all of them look pretty good yet similar... :classic: