Cypirate

[MOC] [Tutorial] AT-RT Walker - Battlefront II - Clone Wars

Hello there,

Today I'd like to share my custom AT-RT design from Battlefront II and the Clone Wars.

As with all Lego creations, there always has to be a compromise between scale, accuracy and structural integrity. With this one, I focused mainly on scale and accuracy since I wanted to use it in MOCs and for display. This means that it cannot, in any way withstand a child's play, but still holds together rather well for us older children and can easily be posed. As part of my accuracy factor, it was important for me that the legs of the pilot were positioned as if a human was sat on the walker instead of the usual minifigure sitting position that other lego walkers use. While keeping all of the important details and geometry, I also tried to reduced its size to match as closely as possible the minifigure scale and I think I achieved that rather well.

It is made up of a total of 77 pieces and an additional 1x2 plate can be added for aesthetics when the pilot is on.

I hope you like it and if so that you'll build your own since I have also created building instructions for everyone to use in their own MOCs (credit is always appreciated :D)

I'm always open to comments and constructive criticism so let me know what you think of it and feel free to ask if you have any question concerning the building instructions.

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 1/8 – Front pageLego AT-RT Tutorial 2/8 – Part list

Front 'Head'

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 3/8 – Creating the head

Body and foward antipersonnel cannon

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 4/8 – Building the body and antipersonnel cannon

Legs and feet

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 5/8 – Assembling the legs

Body assembly, foot rests and armoured joints

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 6/8 – Connecting front, body and legs

Rear, antennas and pistol holder

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 7/8 – Rear, antennas and assembly

Mounting the pilot and additional tip

Lego AT-RT Tutorial 8/8 - Mounting the pilot

Very nice the AT-RT is really hard to pull off at this scale I think you did a very good job and thanks for the instructions on top of a very nice moc. I may have add one or two too the army. 

9 hours ago, stormtroopercaptain said:

Very nice the AT-RT is really hard to pull off at this scale I think you did a very good job and thanks for the instructions on top of a very nice moc. I may have add one or two too the army. 

Thanks for the kind words, I'm glad to hear you like it :D

16 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Fantastic build, I love seeing Clone Wars era stuff!

Thank you!

I really miss the clone wars too so I guess that's how we keep it alive!

13 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

This MOC is amazing ...and the instruction are a beautiful gift! :wub:

Thanks for sharing :thumbup:

My pleasure :D

Very nice little MOC full of delightful details.

And special thanks for the instructions.

18 hours ago, Veynom said:

Very nice little MOC full of delightful details.

And special thanks for the instructions.

Thank you, I really tried to give it some small interesting greebles while staying accurate to the original vehicle.

And since I received positive feedback from friends already, I thought, why not share it with the community as well :D

For the detail and size of this AT-RT, this thing is awesome! Definitely going to need to grab these parts and make a couple of these to the collection. Thank you for posting!

12 hours ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

For the detail and size of this AT-RT, this thing is awesome! Definitely going to need to grab these parts and make a couple of these to the collection. Thank you for posting!

Thank you, I'm honored :D

Be sure to share a picture once they're complete!