rm8

Super SUV or Luxury Trophy Truck for Buwizz contest.

That's my entry for Buwizz fast car contest.

The model is a mix of supercar and offroad truck. No, Lamborghini Urus is a bad example. I have heavy duty suspension of Baja truck and rear wheel drive.

Body type (not design!) is inspired from Ferrari GTC4 Lusso - long Shooting Brake. 

I have only one seat - driver's. Other side is reserved by Buwizz. There is a place behind the driver, but long travelling rear axle with Buggy motor need a lot of space in the back.

Specs

• Propulsion motor - RC Buggy motor
  • Steering motor - Servo
  • RC and power  - Buwizz 2.0
  • Front independent supsension with postive caster angle and negative camber in the lowest point (different length suspension arms)
  • Rear live axle suspension
  • Fake winch and roof lights
  • Brown "leather" luxury seat and dashboard (that's luxury Trophy truck)
  • openable doors and bonnet

vnVgK3Zpx_U.jpg

3Tp_fF5VHXk.jpg

Front suspension arms are 5L and 6L, so in the lowest point frone suspension have negative camber angle. Don't know if it help or not, but it is a fact.

In addition, postitive caster should help in straight fast driving. But it is not.

FQt7leooMwY.jpguvmLu-Iwo38.jpg

bHcZBj1G9vo.jpg

2a183nQ9B8Y.jpgLR1l2Pz974g.jpg

yQwJmOvs_cM.jpgm-Pai8aDP3Q.jpg

nv0FH4Zyu28.jpg

VUSvuk8D4Qk.jpg

Thank you for watching.

Great little SUV, the video is fantastic. Those low angle shots make it look like a real car and show off the speed. 

It really does look good on the field and the scenery is really nice! That gimbal works miracles, to bad that those are rather expensive.

Great car as well, although SUVs are not really to my taste. Good luck!

Ill be honest and I believe you have great craftsmanship  since the durability is present on video , going downhill just shows its lacking some speed .. good job !! 

15 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

I have to say, despite the size, the shaping is excellent! I especially like the rear of the SUV, it flows well! :thumbup:

I agree, it looks great considering it was mainly built for performance!

Good luck in the contest! 

Super awesome! I love the back and the brown seats! It’s nice to see that somebody has finally used trans-clear #3 connectors as headlights! The soft axles complement the model very well!

On 21.04.2018 at 7:37 PM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Awesome entry, good luck to you!

I have to say, despite the size, the shaping is excellent! I especially like the rear of the SUV, it flows well! :thumbup:

On 21.04.2018 at 7:50 PM, Aventador2004 said:

Great entry, good luck!

On 21.04.2018 at 7:55 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Great job! Nice use of the gold hubs.

On 21.04.2018 at 11:21 PM, BusterHaus said:

Great little SUV, the video is fantastic. Those low angle shots make it look like a real car and show off the speed. 

On 22.04.2018 at 11:20 AM, mocbuild101 said:

I agree, it looks great considering it was mainly built for performance!

Good luck in the contest! 

22 hours ago, MattL600 said:

Good looking!

11 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Super awesome! I love the back and the brown seats! It’s nice to see that somebody has finally used trans-clear #3 connectors as headlights! The soft axles complement the model very well!

Thank you.

On 22.04.2018 at 3:27 AM, MajklSpajkl said:

It really does look good on the field and the scenery is really nice! That gimbal works miracles, to bad that those are rather expensive.

Great car as well, although SUVs are not really to my taste. Good luck!

Stable picure is a half succes of the video. Unfrtunately, many telented builders can't do good presentations, becauwe they don't have enough filming experience and equipment (sadly expensive). So, gimbal cost its money when you are regular LEGO builder. I usually watch Sariel and his equipment, then follow him :classic:

On 22.04.2018 at 4:46 AM, sirslayer said:

Ill be honest and I believe you have great craftsmanship  since the durability is present on video , going downhill just shows its lacking some speed .. good job !! 

Well, I must say that driving downhill is not a big cheat here, but cheat. The place where I have to film is hilly with little horizontal surfaces. Car can go uphill well, because I increased gearing from 1:1 (work good on horizontal surface and drifts like insane indoor. ) to 12:20. In some footages it drive uphill, but of course not such effective as on horizontal or downhill surfaces.

Again, thank you for comments.

I dont't like idea of judging contestants by flying/jumping, so I prefer not to concentrate on jumping. I do video as I usually did... And also buying BuWizz is a strong barrier for many desingers to enter contest. It't like contest among clients. Since Buwizz is not cheap (but it cost its money) these list of Buwizz buyers is shorter that it can be...sadly

Watch another models closely, there are very good among them, that deserve your attention.

https://buwizz.com/buwizz-fast-car-competition/

Edited by rm8