jameseilers

[MOC] TIE Silencer

Finally finished my TIE Silencer build. The cockpit is very similar to the official set and big shout out to Rebel Builder for inspiration for the wing design. If anyone is in the instructions, LXF and parts list I have developed shoot me a PM on here or Flick. 

41583870951_ed031a811e_k.jpg

41583871361_d8897321aa_k.jpg

41583870781_1e285e49cd_k.jpg

40691433665_745b7a887d_k.jpg

40872822554_16f49b65bb_k.jpg

I really like the slim, smooth design and the engine (maybe You could use some tiles to make it look even better), but the central part of the cockpit doesn't really fit (I mean it's shape because the interior looks great). In my opinion it seems too "square". Do You have some more 3x1 or 3x2 black slopes? Maybe You could replace the 2x1 and 2x2 slopes around the cockpit with them so they make the transition smoother?

Looks great! Had the official lego ship since release, but looking to update it. And chance you could post or send the LXF file? Cheers!

Great work! You’ve crammed in much more detail than the official set, I like how the wings look sleek and solid, the engine details are great and the cockpit interior is particularly nice. It’s a shame there’s no suitable alternate trans windscreen pieces at this scale, that Lego piece is okay but I’ve never been a fan of their four 1x2 trans red tiles at the front. Did you try anything else to improve the shaping in that area? I settled on this, it’s not movie accurate by a long shot but at a glance a bit more pleasing than the original build.

owf5KBD.jpg

Hi, did anyone manage to replicate this? I’ve messaged @jameseilers but can’t seem to get on to him. Really would like to build this version, but the LXF file he posted a while back is now defunct. Could someone who has it please send it to me?

cheers!

All, sorry for not getting back for a few months, I should have setup notifications for this thread...

LINK REMOVED

That ZIP contains the LXF and instructions! I would love to see your builds!

Edited by jameseilers

On 4/29/2019 at 10:55 AM, jameseilers said:

All, sorry for not getting back for a few months, I should have setup notifications for this thread...

LINK REMOVED

That ZIP contains the LXF and instructions! I would love to see your builds!

where did the link go?  is there any other way to get these instructions?