On 12/05/2018 at 8:10 AM, dutchlegofan50 said:

Fantastic build! I wonder what parts make the phone box? Can't figure out from the pics how you made the side panels. 

Thank you. :classic:

The front of the phone box is basically just a red door frame with one of these doors. https://brickset.com/parts/4541987/door-glas-t-frame-1x4x6-21-42

For the sides I used transparent 1x2 bricks stacked up with 1x2 red plates positioned between each brick. This was the best way I could think of doing it that kept the base of the phone box no bigger than 4 x 4 studs.

Edited by Bricked1980

After 8 hours in LDD i managed to recreate this beauty. The rendering software had a few issues but almost all perfect.

fpub.png

20 hours ago, TheFunnyMan said:

@Bricked1980, Any chance you are working on instructions for this yet?  I really want to add this one to my city! I'll make a whole new street for this if I have to!

Not had chance to make them yet sorry! Still hoping to at some point though!

On 9/10/2018 at 4:57 AM, mikibrick said:

After 8 hours in LDD i managed to recreate this beauty. The rendering software had a few issues but almost all perfect.

fpub.png

Any chance of sharing :pir-devil:

What piece is being used to do the two flower boxes on the ground floor in from of the windows near the lamp post?

cant find the piece :( 

On 3/15/2019 at 9:02 AM, Terryoleary said:

What piece is being used to do the two flower boxes on the ground floor in from of the windows near the lamp post?

cant find the piece :( 

Each flower pot is made up from 2 rounded bricks (3063).

On 5/3/2019 at 6:40 PM, Miczur said:

When be available building instruction? :)

Instructions are coming soon. I'll update this thread as soon as they are available, hopefully in a few weeks time.

oo nice to read this information :) 

P.s we have separate topic about MOC - Brick Square Post Office becouse i have little problem with last floor-roof, how look in your building you have gap in white 4081b and 15070...

On 4/24/2018 at 7:07 PM, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks very much. A few people have mentioned the design of the roofline. It is actually a fairly simple build really. The part you mention that looks like a shield is in fact a technic brick with a flower piece attached to the exposed stud on the front. https://brickset.com/parts/design-47474 

Here is a new image showing a close up of the roof. 

40781610885_c805d17dc0_z_d.jpg

I was also curious about the shield piece. It appears in the photo that it's white - If so, don't believe it's available in that color based on bricklink but I could be mistaken. Maybe it would look ok in medium bluish grey? WHat's your thoughts on it?

42 minutes ago, Brick Extreme said:

I was also curious about the shield piece. It appears in the photo that it's white - If so, don't believe it's available in that color based on bricklink but I could be mistaken. Maybe it would look ok in medium bluish grey? WHat's your thoughts on it?

You are right, that technic piece is quite old (2004) and was only used in 6 sets. Only colors are blue and medium stone gray, an old color that is different form modern LBG, which would be make very hard to complete the roof in one color. Of course one can make the roof white or LBG and just that piece in medium stone gray (I think it would work just right).

I wonder how Bricked1980 will handle the matter in his upcoming instructions.

23 hours ago, Brick Extreme said:

22 hours ago, Chiaroscuro said:

I wonder how Bricked1980 will handle the matter in his upcoming instructions.

Yes the shield style technic brick I used to create the roof design is sadly not available in white and is also pretty rare. I hadn't realised this when I originally designed the model last year.

I have decided to rebuild the roof for the instructions and the best method I've found of recreating a similar look is by using 2x2 square jumper plates positioned backwards and positioned at the same angle as the technic shields. Overall it gives a pretty similar appearance and will be cheaper and easier for people to buy the parts.

Hi,

I was wondering if you were still intending to release instructions for this great build? I have built the post office and it looks fantastic!!

On 8/1/2019 at 8:29 PM, cfreep0 said:

Hi,

I was wondering if you were still intending to release instructions for this great build? I have built the post office and it looks fantastic!!

Thanks very much, glad you like the post office. 

Yes the instructions for Queen Bricktoria are almost finished. I'll post an update when they're available.

On 8/3/2019 at 1:35 PM, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks very much, glad you like the post office. 

Yes the instructions for Queen Bricktoria are almost finished. I'll post an update when they're available.

Can't Wait! I've been checking rebrickable daily for months lol. The post office sent me on a path to improve some of the offical lego Modulars to bring them up to your standard of detail.

INSTRUCTIONS NOW AVAILABLE

I'm pleased to say the instructions for The Queen Bricktoria are available now. I've had to make a few subtle adjustments to the design as some of the parts and colours in the original version were unavailable. One of the main changes was to the parts used to create the textured effect on the roof line, but I think it still resembles the original version pretty closely.

Once again I teamed up with @supertruper1988 of "Cam's Brick" to create these instructions, and I must say a massive thanks as he has done a tremendous job of working out all the steps and setting up the instructions. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Anyway here are a few pics showing how the buildable version of the model looks.

48655389846_a784857bef_z_d.jpg

48655537247_62eb2d07a7_z_d.jpg

48655536837_b5cd878efa_z_d.jpg

48655033413_f94da51a3d_z_d.jpg

The instructions are available now from Rebrickable.  The Queen Bricktoria Instructions

Here is a picture showing the work in progress of building the brick version of this model. Thanks very much @Miczur for sending me this picture. :thumbup:

48706168687_bcbc2a61d9_b.jpg

On 9/4/2019 at 10:49 AM, _TLG_ said:

Very nice build and very nice interpretation! I like the color scheme!

Thanks very much. Glad you like it.:classic:

On 8/3/2019 at 1:45 PM, gotoAndLego said:

A couple of thoughts to replace the roof-line technic shields:

27928.png  10247.png  3176.gif

Thanks very much for these ideas. In the end I chose to use simple 2x2 plates with their backs showing. This was the best way I could find to create a similar appearance to the original digital model.

Edited by Bricked1980

The Queen Bricktoria has been featured in the latest issue of Blocks Magazine (issue 60). It's a double page spread and a an interview with me talking about the design of the model.

48809855953_d3f60a80a6_k_d.jpg

Also, I just wanted to post these pictures of a completed brick built version of the model. Thanks again @Miczur for sending me these pics. :classic:

48810285887_1e187a5ae0_c_d.jpg

48809790993_13a0b036a4_c_d.jpg

10 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

The Queen Bricktoria has been featured in the latest issue of Blocks Magazine (issue 60). It's a double page spread and a an interview with me talking about the design of the model.

48809855953_d3f60a80a6_k_d.jpg

“It also didn’t hurt that I have spent quite a bit of my time inside British pubs over the years” :laugh:

I agree with what you say about the humour in the sets, I also try to put it in myself. Super cool feature!

On 9/29/2019 at 7:40 AM, paupadros said:

I agree with what you say about the humour in the sets, I also try to put it in myself. Super cool feature!

Hey thanks @paupadros . It was great to see it featured in Blocks mag, even though it's over a year since I first designed this MOC. :classic: