20 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Many thanks for your kind comments. And yes I was definitely inspired by the awesome designs and presentation skills of @paupadros

Your presentation is top! So glad is was in some way inspired by mine. A well presented MOC is very much vital. Us, the digital MOC builders have to spend quite a long time solely rendering.

20 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks very much. A few people have mentioned the design of the roofline. It is actually a fairly simple build really. The part you mention that looks like a shield is in fact a technic brick with a flower piece attached to the exposed stud on the front. https://brickset.com/parts/design-47474 

Here is a new image showing a close up of the roof. 

40781610885_c805d17dc0_z_d.jpg

Cool! It's a piece I didn't know of. It must be one of those you just stumble upon while scrolling down LDD's menus just to look for something weird to use. So sad it didn't have much luck surviving past the early 2000s. Cool new image as well! Just wondering, are you rendering on BlueRender? For the main image, Pov-Ray does a much better job, though time consuming. And having @snaillad comment is always a plus, isn't it?

On 24/04/2018 at 7:15 PM, TheFunnyMan said:

WOW.  This is absolutely shocking.  I want to build it and have it in my city badly.  Do you have any plans to sell the LDD file or make instructions?  Please let me know if you plan on doing this!  I WANT TO BUILD THIS NOW!!!! :)

Thanks a lot. :classic: I haven't made any instructions yet, but this is something I might consider doing.

On 24/04/2018 at 9:19 PM, snaillad said:

Nice work!

I particularly like the roofline and the fireplace!

I'm putting the finishing touches to my own pub moc, after seeing yours there is plenty I forgot :laugh:

Really love the signage!

Thanks so much, glad you like it. :classic: I'm looking forward to seeing your pub when it's completed.

9 hours ago, paupadros said:

Your presentation is top! So glad is was in some way inspired by mine.

When I first joined EB I remember your mocs were some of the first I came across. I was most impressed to see how it is possible to create digital versions of lego buildings without using real bricks. This was something I'd never considered before so it was after seeing your designs and some of the other great mocs from other builders as well,  that inspired me to have a go myself.

9 hours ago, paupadros said:

Just wondering, are you rendering on BlueRender? For the main image, Pov-Ray does a much better job, though time consuming.

Yes I did use bluerender to create the images. Thanks for the advice. I will have a go with Pov-Ray, I'll post the results here if I have any success.

Another thing I'm considering is making instructions for the model. I'm very much learning as I go along with all this though. This is only my second moc. Do you ever make instructions for your own mocs and if so, can you (or anyone else who might be reading this) recommend the best software for generating the instructions? I've had a quick go with using BluePrint but the default steps it spat out were not very logical at all. It would be a pretty long winded job to go through and customise each step manually. Are there any better and simpler options out there?

Edited by Bricked1980

Would love to see it build with real bricks. Can't add much to what's already said, but I like it :) 

5 hours ago, DK_Titan said:

Would love to see it build with real bricks. Can't add much to what's already said, but I like it :) 

Thank you. Would love to build it for real. Just need to look in to how much it will cost me to order the bricks I need. :classic:

This is all kinds of awesome. Like others have said, it deserves to be built with real bricks!

What makes it work for me personally, besides the amazing roof line, is how the design would naturally fit with a wide variety of city building styles. It's not so "British" that it would only work on a London street corner. You could place it next to any of the existing LEGO modulars and it would still work.

Let me be your test case!  I've got oodles of bricks and a BrickLink addiction to go with it.  Produce viable instructions and a brick link parts-list and I'll build it and put it on my table with all the LEGO modular!

On 27/04/2018 at 9:04 PM, AlexanderM said:

Absolutely stunning :classic: Thanks for sharing

Thanks a lot, glad you like it. :classic:

On 27/04/2018 at 9:27 PM, bricksnator said:

This is all kinds of awesome. Like others have said, it deserves to be built with real bricks!

What makes it work for me personally, besides the amazing roof line, is how the design would naturally fit with a wide variety of city building styles. It's not so "British" that it would only work on a London street corner. You could place it next to any of the existing LEGO modulars and it would still work.

Thanks very much. :classic: Although the design is based on a British style pub I did try to design it in a way that it would fit in well with any of the official modulars.

On 25/04/2018 at 2:05 PM, paupadros said:

Pov-Ray does a much better job, though time consuming.

Thanks for the advice @paupadros Here is a new image of the pub. I've used Pov-Ray for this one as suggested. :classic:

41738506941_c1ab4c131d_k_d.jpg

Instructions would certainly be nice but it may take some time for him to create and wouldn't it be better that he focuses into other MOCs than creating instructions for this one? Instead he may share LDD files maybe? :classic: Just a thought. I don't want to speak for him though, it's of course up to him to decide.

BTW did you try Mecabricks and Blender, @Bricked1980? It seems it gives some fantastic results.

22 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Thanks for the advice @paupadros Here is a new image of the pub. I've used Pov-Ray for this one as suggested. :classic:

41738506941_c1ab4c131d_k_d.jpg

Oooh, look at that blue shine now! From the other renders, I thought it was Sand Blue, but seems to be a more vibrant shade here (Medium Azure?). The white lighting on the dark green curved entraceway awing is pretty as well.

23 hours ago, SassQueen said:

I would definitely be interested in instructions as well - good luck

Thanks. When I get round to making instructions for this I will post the details here. :classic:

18 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

Instructions would certainly be nice but it may take some time for him to create.

I am looking in to making instructions for this. As mentioned before though, I'm a newcomer to the MOC building hobby so I am learning as I go along. Can anyone recommend the best method and software for generating instructions?

18 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

wouldn't it be better that he focuses into other MOCs than creating instructions for this one?

In that case you might be interested to know I have already started work on my next modular. :classic:

1 hour ago, paupadros said:

Oooh, look at that blue shine now! From the other renders, I thought it was Sand Blue, but seems to be a more vibrant shade here (Medium Azure?). The white lighting on the dark green curved entraceway awing is pretty as well.

Yes there is certainly more detail in the Pov-Ray render. Not sure how practical it will be to use this going forward though as that single image took over 3 hours to render. I have got over 40 pics of the MOC over on Flickr so there is no way I'd have been able to make that many pics if I'd used Pov Ray. It does give great results though and offers many more options for lighting/settings etc. Maybe I'll just use this to create the main exterior shots in the future.

The blue colour is "Medium Blue". :classic:

The roof line is great, but I also like that you've used the actual roof too! Often, they can just be empty and a waste of space. Well done!

4 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

In that case you might be interested to know I have already started work on my next modular. :classic:

That's really nice to hear! Can't wait to see it! :moar: 

Its not the warmer weather that is causing me to remove my hat...this commands respect.  Excellent work!  Thank you for posting inspiration

22 hours ago, JLSD said:

Its not the warmer weather that is causing me to remove my hat...this commands respect.  Excellent work!  Thank you for posting inspiration

Thanks for the kind comment. :classic: Glad you like it.

On 01/05/2018 at 6:16 PM, STHLM said:

The roof line is great, but I also like that you've used the actual roof too! Often, they can just be empty and a waste of space. Well done!

Thank you. :classic: the roof area was quite big so I wanted to add a few details rather than leave it as just bare plates. So I added a chimney, sky light and a couple of other structures that are supposed to represent air ventilation systems or something like that.

40869097904_c740fa71a5_z_d.jpg

On 30/04/2018 at 10:57 PM, LegoModularFan said:

BTW did you try Mecabricks and Blender, @Bricked1980? It seems it gives som .e fantastic results.

So far I've been designing in LDD but thanks for the tip, I'll have a look at those. :classic:

This is a lovely design!
I think the façade is great, especially the ground floor, and the interior is perfect, with some nice details.
The first and second floor and the roof look very good too, slightly reminiscent of Assembly Square. Brilliant!
I'd love to see this built, although you might have used some parts in colours that are not available.

It's funny how a pub always seems to have an old-fashioned phone booth in front of it :laugh:

Keep clicking those bricks together!

Edited by Withacee

On 5/1/2018 at 11:23 AM, Bricked1980 said:

Any hint on what sort of architectural style it will follow? Something to complement this pub perhaps? :classic:

On 04/05/2018 at 10:27 PM, bamsham363 said:

simply stunning, i would buy this if available, no doubt, superb

Thanks so much for the kind comment. :classic:

On 06/05/2018 at 3:09 PM, Withacee said:

This is a lovely design!
I think the façade is great, especially the ground floor, and the interior is perfect, with some nice details.

Thanks you very much. :classic:

The first and second floor and the roof look very good too, slightly reminiscent of Assembly Square. Brilliant!

I didn't set out with the intention of doing this but after the design was finished I did also think it kind of resembles a giant version of the blue building in assembly square with a similar overall shape and colour.

I'd love to see this built, although you might have used some parts in colours that are not available.

I did try to ensure that all the parts used were available in the chosen colours. There may be a couple that slipped through the net but I will double check them all before I make any instructions for the model. If I have to change any of them I don't think there will be anything that drastically alters the look of the model.

On 06/05/2018 at 3:10 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Any hint on what sort of architectural style it will follow? Something to complement this pub perhaps? :classic:

My new moc that I am currently working on has a similar style of European architecture with a bit of a British vibe again, although not as distinctly British as this one. So it should compliment the pub quite nicely.

Edited by Bricked1980

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

My new moc that I am currently working on has a similar style of European architecture with a bit of a British vibe again, although not as distinctly British as this one. So it should compliment the pub quite nicely.

Alright, looking most forward to it! :classic:

On 09/05/2018 at 3:42 PM, ArchitectureFan said:

Fantastic build.  And I assume, the singer/guitarist is a guy called Brick Sheeran?

Thanks a lot, and yes there is definitely some Ed Sheeran influence going on with the singer. :laugh: