Hi everyone

I'd like to share with you my second MOC which I have been working on over the past few weeks. For this project I decided to tackle a subject very close to my heart - the Great British Pub! :laugh:

So without further ado... Grab yourself a pint and join me for a guided tour of The Queen Bricktoria!

39772259000_ab38b2159d_k_d.jpg

As you can see this is a modular style corner building with 3 floors built on a 32x32 base plate. The design is intended to be reminiscent of British town centre pubs or more specifically the style of pubs we'd see in London.

40869103654_af778405bb_z_d.jpg40869102714_52abd1ee3e_z_d.jpg40869098344_08b756e4fd_z_d.jpg

40869098984_7bd6fa1cb0_z_d.jpg 

40869099664_dcfef79e5a_z_d.jpg

40869097904_c740fa71a5_z_d.jpg

The Minifigures

There are 7 minifigs with the model. The 3 characters below are the pub workers. From left to right we have the Owner/Landlord and his daughter the barmaid. The guy with the guitar is a local singer who has been booked to play a gig at the pub.

26712129637_59de657784_z_d.jpg

The 4 figures below are the pub regulars. The guy with the beard is the typical sort of old gent we find in many pubs propping up the bar and boring everyone to death with their stories of the good old days. The guy in the green top and the girl are boyfriend and girlfriend.

27710566708_49928bfe42_z_d.jpg

Level 1 - The Bar

Outside the building we have a busy street corner. I've included an iconic British red phone box and an outside covered seating area. There is also a sign board advertising events etc at the pub.

40869101124_9264a71d61_z_d.jpg

40869100644_dd838bd69a_z_d.jpg

40869100254_f56665c964_z_d.jpg

40869099984_b02921ea03_z_d.jpg

40869101704_0406813cea_z_d.jpg 

The main entrance leads us in to the bar/lounge area. Inside we have a well stocked bar and a cozy fireplace. There are also tables and bar stool for the minifigs to sit and enjoy their drinks.

27710555898_55ea745ebf_z_d.jpg

39772279270_40ffdfb351_z_d.jpg

39772290360_dcdacf0d2a_z_d.jpg

41539515102_e9593b710d_z_d.jpg

Brown carrots make pretty good beer pump handles. :classic:

39772288330_7b39e3709e_z_d.jpg

At the back of the bar is a staircase leading us up to level 2.

27710554678_da7b81f0d7_z_d.jpg

41539514172_db68a73b21_z_d.jpg

Level 2 - Pool and Darts Room

On the second level is a games room featuring a Pool table and Dart board. There is also a pool cue rack and a shelf with trophies won by the resident darts team.

39772283820_1bd759136d_z_d.jpg

39772285970_3a640d2265_z_d.jpg

41539513782_a70872eb68_z_d.jpg

39772284530_c5b7f35121_z_d.jpg

41539509372_1fb622d416_z_d.jpg

At the back of the room is another staircase that leads to level 3.

39772285360_b33e5c0832_z_d.jpg

Level 3 - Live Music Room

Level 3 has a stage for Live Music gigs and Karaoke. On the stage we have a keyboard, guitar, amps and microphone. Also on this level is more seating for the minifigs and a door that leads to a small balcony seating area.

39772283540_0e60f7f6d9_z_d.jpg

27710548438_f728e944a7_z_d.jpg

39772282230_d387739fd9_z_d.jpg

39772279780_b17369aa7c_z_d.jpg

39772280280_fffe0cd418_z_d.jpg

39772278030_9939d78a67_z_d.jpg

39772281540_61f532ef4d_z_d.jpg

Oh dear!!! The singer seems to be a bit of a hit with the ladies. :laugh:

26712124087_5d0ae054ba_z_d.jpg

The Finished Model

Here is a picture of the Queen Bricktoria next to my first MOC design, The Convenience store, as you can see my new MOC is much much bigger.

26712127277_ffaf4a550b_z_d.jpg

Another picture below shows the pub next to one of the official modulars, to help give a sense of the size of the model.

41580524561_11543438ab_z_d.jpg

Thanks very much for reading and I hope you like my newest MOC. There are more pictures of it on my Flickr page so feel free to check them out and let me know what you think.

Very pretty MOC! It is obvious you've put a lot of care into the detailing of this building (especially love the phone box and the overhanging "The Queen Bricktoria" sign - gotta love the pun there :laugh:). What really caught my eye was the roof. Guessing it's done using shields of some sort, not quite sure.

Anyhow, great building!

Amazing work, especially the roof detailing!  If this was an official modular, it would definitely be in my top two favorites.  

Wow! This is seriously a phenomenal MOC, I must say that I didn't expect to see a modular of that quality for your second modular! Amazing graphic design such as in @paupadros' MOCs and love the phone box. But that roofline is the best part of the MOC, it's just fantastic!!:wub_drool:

The interior is really nice as well. :classic:

Was I wrong saying you were becoming a brilliant MOCer? Here you're already! :wink:

Do you plan to build it with real bricks? Would love to see!

Edited by LegoModularFan

This is amazing. So lively, cheerful (also kinda cheers-ful:wink:) and detailed. Great build, easily on par with the official modulars. Just great. It really catches the look and feel perfectly. :classic:

@paupadros @fordtruckin @AFOLguy1970 @LegoModularFan @Digger of Bricks @beverly888 @Littleworlds @LEGO Train 12 Volts Many thanks for all your kind comments, I really appreciate it and glad you like the model. :classic: I had a lot of fun putting this one together.

On 20/04/2018 at 8:14 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

If this was an official modular, it would definitely be in my top two favorites.  

Thanks very much! Unfortunately I doubt lego will ever release an official modular based on a pub, the pool hall in DO is probably the closest we'll get. 

So this MOC was my interpretation of what I think a pub would look like if lego ever did release one. I've tried my hardest to make it fit in with existing modulars and tried to follow the general template and include little features that we often see in official modulars like flowers in front of the windows, striped awning and a similar style of roofline.

On 20/04/2018 at 10:34 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Do you plan to build it with real bricks? Would love to see!

I would definitely love to build this model for real. It did turn out bigger than I had originally planned though so I will have to see how feasible it would be to buy all the bricks and how much it would cost.

23 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Man, for being your first ever modular creation... :thumbup: :oh3:

Thanks. Actually this is my second MOC though. My first design was this one.

Once again thanks everyone for your comments. :classic:

Edited by Bricked1980

30 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Actually this is my second MOC though. My first design was this one.

Oh yes, I am aware of that, but I meant that this one is your first full-sized, original design! :classic:

20 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh yes, I am aware of that, but I meant that this one is your first full-sized, original design! :classic:

Yes the new design is much bigger than my first effort. If anything I'd say I might have made this new moc a bit too big actually. On my original post there is a pic of it next to greengrocer and I'm not sure if it looks a bit too tall. :sceptic:

It would obviously look even taller if it was placed beside some of the more recent smaller modulars like Parisian restaurant or brick bank.

Edited by Bricked1980

Fantastic build with so much detail! I absolutely love the roof detailing (not sure what that part of a roof is called but the whole section just below the roof).

I think this is where all the nice and friendly pub visitor go while my pub get's more of the dodgier crowd :laugh:

36924333741_23819c4d66_b.jpg

Edited by fillishave

2 hours ago, fillishave said:

Fantastic build with so much detail! I absolutely love the roof detailing (not sure what that part of a roof is called but the whole section just below the roof).

I think this is where all the nice and friendly pub visitor go while my pub get's more of the dodgier crowd :laugh:

Many thanks for your kind comment. Your pub is brilliant. I promise this is the first time I've seen this MOC by you but even so there are quite a few similarities. :laugh: Even the names are quite similar.

This is a beautiful model. Crammed with details and life, and a brilliant portrayal of a city pub. I love the colours and all the extra exterior decorations. Even the phone box, fireplace and general proliferation of barrels are pretty accurate! Well done!

17 minutes ago, Bricked1980 said:

Even the names are quite similar.

I think that's just British pub names for you; there's a few common names that are used a lot.

3 hours ago, Bricked1980 said:

Many thanks for your kind comment. Your pub is brilliant. I promise this is the first time I've seen this MOC by you but even so there are quite a few similarities. :laugh: Even the names are quite similar.

Oh of course there's bound to be some similarities, they are both British pubs after all :laugh: I think it's very clear that your pub is 100% your own build with your own building style!

7 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

This is a beautiful model. Crammed with details and life, and a brilliant portrayal of a city pub. I love the colours and all the extra exterior decorations. Even the phone box, fireplace and general proliferation of barrels are pretty accurate! Well done!

Many thanks for your kind comment. :classic:

7 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

I think that's just British pub names for you; there's a few common names that are used a lot.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to think of a recognisable British pub name that I could add a lego twist to. This was the only one I could think of that as far as I know hasn't been done by anyone before. The name is inspired by the Queen Vic pub in Eastenders (for anyone reading from outside the UK this is a popular drama show based in London). That's where the similarity ends though. Apart from the name my pub isn't supposed to be a portrayal of the pub in Eastenders :laugh:.

Edited by Bricked1980

Beautiful building Bricked1980! You've built the level of wonderful detail often referred to as ' too much to comment on everything' which is most excellent. One of the most detailed and realistic bar areas, creative parts usage (the brown carrots for bar taps), lots of brick-built objects and a very enjoyable attention to the characters. The color choices are also fantastic, its a real looker! Amazing work.

5 hours ago, koalayummies said:

Beautiful building Bricked1980! You've built the level of wonderful detail often referred to as ' too much to comment on everything' which is most excellent. One of the most detailed and realistic bar areas, creative parts usage (the brown carrots for bar taps), lots of brick-built objects and a very enjoyable attention to the characters. The color choices are also fantastic, its a real looker! Amazing work.

Thanks a lot for the kind comment @koalayummies :thumbup:

3 hours ago, MOMAtteo79 said:

Remainds me of a real pub in London near carnaby street

Thanks very much! :classic:

Very nice model and love the detailed presentation! So what's next? Are you going to submit to Lego Ideas? Will the plans be offered to the public? I'm sure that a model this nice would sell plenty copies of instructions.  

5 hours ago, ecmo47 said:

Very nice model and love the detailed presentation! So what's next? Are you going to submit to Lego Ideas? Will the plans be offered to the public? I'm sure that a model this nice would sell plenty copies of instructions.  

Thank you very much. :classic: Actually whilst I was making this MOC I did consider the possibility of submitting it to Lego Ideas. Problem is it ended up becoming bigger than I'd originally planned and is now well over 3000 pieces. So it is too big to submit in it's current form. I could reduce the size and make another less detailed version but not really sure it would be worth the effort. There are some phenomenal modular building that get submitted to Lego Ideas and none of them ever get selected for production. Also even if mine was lucky enough to get 10'000 votes I doubt Lego would ever produce a set based around alcohol consumption.

1 hour ago, jalemac34 said:

top!!!!

Could be an official set

Thanks a lot. :classic:

On 20/04/2018 at 10:34 PM, LegoModularFan said:

Amazing graphic design such as in @paupadros' MOCs and love the phone box. But that roofline is the best part of the MOC, it's just fantastic!!:wub_drool:

Many thanks for your kind comments. And yes I was definitely inspired by the awesome designs and presentation skills of @paupadros

On 20/04/2018 at 3:59 PM, paupadros said:

What really caught my eye was the roof. Guessing it's done using shields of some sort, not quite sure.

Thanks very much. A few people have mentioned the design of the roofline. It is actually a fairly simple build really. The part you mention that looks like a shield is in fact a technic brick with a flower piece attached to the exposed stud on the front. https://brickset.com/parts/design-47474 

Here is a new image showing a close up of the roof. 

40781610885_c805d17dc0_z_d.jpg

WOW.  This is absolutely shocking.  I want to build it and have it in my city badly.  Do you have any plans to sell the LDD file or make instructions?  Please let me know if you plan on doing this!  I WANT TO BUILD THIS NOW!!!! :)

Nice work!

I particularly like the roofline and the fireplace!

I'm putting the finishing touches to my own pub moc, after seeing yours there is plenty I forgot :laugh:

Really love the signage!