Jim

[REVIEW] Wicked Brick - 75192 - Millennium Falcon Stand

3 minutes ago, danielwerner said:

I'm still a bit afraid to buy this one. Is there no risk of the Falcon tilting forward if nudged? Or the plates at the bottom slowly coming loose over time? I love how it looks, but I want it to be 100% safe from breaking.

Depends on how hard you nudge it :wink: 

Okay, that answer is lame, but kinda true. A little nudge won't do any harm. I can't imagine the plates coming loose, but of course I can't tell you for sure.

You can take a look at the stand in my latest review. I can guarantee that won't fall apart.

Just ordered this one as the completed dimensions (with Falcon) lead me to believe I might be able to squeeze this in a double Ikea Besta (leaving out the middle strut in the Besta). On the Wicked Brick site it states 58cm high and 36cm deep which would fit.

I'm worried that you're saying it's 41cm deep. Is that including the minifig display piece?

Going to see how it is in-hand before I visit Ikea anyway.

1 minute ago, stevej said:

Just ordered this one as the completed dimensions (with Falcon) lead me to believe I might be able to squeeze this in a double Ikea Besta (leaving out the middle strut in the Besta). On the Wicked Brick site it states 58cm high and 36cm deep which would fit.

I'm worried that you're saying it's 41cm deep. Is that including the minifig display piece?

Going to see how it is in-hand before I visit Ikea anyway.

41 cm is indeed with the Minifig stand in front of it.

Just now, Jim said:

41 cm is indeed with the Minifig stand in front of it.

Cheers for the quick reply.

I don't really need the Minifig stand but WB seem to not be selling the main stand without it now. To be fair even if they did that would have put the cost below the £50 threshold for free shipping so I guess that means I got the Minifig stand for £5 - can't complain. I can always display the figures to the left or right anyway as the Besta gives me 120cm in length to play with. Room for an X-Wing as well I reckon. :-)

You probably can do something like this.

42084477331_665d047e6c_b.jpg

I absolutely love the minifig stand! That's why I chose for the Pure Display stand with the Wicked Brick minifig stand.

Just now, Jim said:

You probably can do something like this.

Come to think of it; not sure whether that's possible.

Will the Wicked Brick stand with the mini figure add-on fit inside the Pure Display case or would I need to purchase the Pure Display stand in order for it to fit? 

1 hour ago, Aluminum Falcon said:

Will the Wicked Brick stand with the mini figure add-on fit inside the Pure Display case or would I need to purchase the Pure Display stand in order for it to fit? 

I haven't tried it, but I have measured it and I don't think that will work. I think you need another cm or two. But I am not 100% sure.

So this stand arrived and looks fantastic. I was nervous as hell lifting the Falcon onto it but once on it seems pretty secure - even though a part of me is worried about stress on the core supporting bits within the ship itself.

Going to pick up an Ikea Besta unit with some glass doors and will miss out the middle strut to make an adequate display case for now. With the stand it'll fit no problem though the minifig stand may need to sit next to rather than in front of the model.

Just a heads up: I just measured my IKEA Bestå and the inner height is like 58,2 cm. So it may be a tight fit, especially if WickedBrick have rounded their numbers down.

(Plus it won't be as sturdy without the middle support, so don't expect it to hold 20 kg. But only the Falcon should be fine.)

Edited by danielwerner

14 hours ago, danielwerner said:

Just a heads up: I just measured my IKEA Bestå and the inner height is like 58,2 cm. So it may be a tight fit, especially if WickedBrick have rounded their numbers down.

(Plus it won't be as sturdy without the middle support, so don't expect it to hold 20 kg. But only the Falcon should be fine.)

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and may have to get the tape measure out before I buy. Strength of the unit shouldn't be an issue as the 2 door unit will sit on top of another unit that will be properly built, so that will take the weight and there won't be anything heavy placed on top. I'll need to sort out a backing for the case but that should be straightforward... Then all I need to do is source some 2nd hand Tombo doors.

Edited by stevej

On 8/4/2018 at 11:15 PM, stevej said:

Thanks. I'll keep that in mind and may have to get the tape measure out before I buy. Strength of the unit shouldn't be an issue as the 2 door unit will sit on top of another unit that will be properly built, so that will take the weight and there won't be anything heavy placed on top. I'll need to sort out a backing for the case but that should be straightforward... Then all I need to do is source some 2nd hand Tombo doors.

Did it work?

And has anybody ever tried to print a stand for the falcon with a 3d printer?

12 hours ago, Wonderpants said:

For those who brought the stand some time ago, how’s it holding up? Any problems with the Falcon itself?

I switched to another acrylic stand, but I don't have any issues. I think I still have this one laying around. I can take a look if you are interested? Drop me a pm.

Had the Falcon on the stand for the last 5 or so years and she's holding up just fine.

Don't get me wrong, I daren't knock the thing as I'm not sure it could take much to make it collapse sideways but so far so good. No warping or yellowing of the plastic. 

PXL_20231019_121314505_sm.thumb.jpg.8ea9a14fc1f401073eac3f4c1d8660de.jpg

Edited by stevej

9 minutes ago, stevej said:

Had the Falcon on the stand for the last 5 or so years and she's holding up just fine.

Same experience here.