Jim

[REVIEW] Wicked Brick - 75192 - Millennium Falcon Stand

36793169692_63b7f37cee_b.jpg

REVIEW - WICKED BRICK - 75192 - MILLENNIUM FALCON STAND

41416370331_b6859905a4_b.jpg

INTRODUCTION

In October 2017 I published a review of the highly anticipated 75192 - Millennium Falcon, the successor to the legendary 10179 - UCS Millennium Falcon. An outstanding set with one fundamental "flaw" and that is its sheer size, which makes it really hard to display it properly. One of the first solutions was building the Efferman stand, made by our very own Eurobricks member Efferman. However, if you are not into LEGO building (insert wink here), or you don't have the (mosty) Technic parts, there are other cool solutions to get yourself a stand.

One of these solutions (I will review another one next month) is the display stand made by Wicked Brick. This stand comes with a, separately sold, minifig stand. Needless to say I will be reviewing both products. But before we start, I would like to thanks Kevin Murden for his enthusiastic response and making this review possible.

PACKAGING

The entire package comes in a well protected bubble mailer.

40877361791_22b11d0435_b.jpg

To facilitate shipping, the stand is made up of different parts and it needs to be put together. This results in a building experience for the stand, as well as for the actual model :wink:

40877362851_33d2e19c9e_b.jpg

The stand itself is comprised of five elements:

• 1x Baseplate
  • 2x Sides
  • 2x Connectors

Here you can see an image of the baseplate, with a very cool engraving of the Millennium Falcon. I like little details like these.

40877362711_e48ddf7dfc_b.jpg

The two sides below show the angle at which the model will be positioned. The angle is roughly 60 degrees.

40877362591_c8bf92e8ee_b.jpg

Two plates will connect the left side and the right side and give the stand its rigidity. The image below also shows the separate minifig stand, which fits nicely into the main stand.

40877362511_a3490030a0_b.jpg

THE BUILD

Assembling the stand is pretty straightforward, although you will need to apply some pressure to fit the parts together. This isn't a bad thing, since friction is all that keeps the stand together, so you don't want the parts to slide in and out easily.

However, Jim wouldn't be Jim if he hadn't made a stupid mistake, only to be seen when completing the write-up. Technically the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon should be on the other side, meaning that the baseplate is upside-down at the moment. Not that it really matters, because after placing the Falcon on it, you won't see the engraving anymore.

And no, I didn't have any alcoholic beverages before assembling it :tongue:

40169267714_f7ec72877c_b.jpg

Here's an angled side view of the stand. 

40877362801_6c058b3390_b.jpg

The package comes with two leaflets explaining how to assemble the stand, which is actually pretty self-explanatory. I you still find it hard to put it together, there's a nice video on the Wicked Brick website, showing how it's done.

40877361371_b23ac51cde_b.jpg

THE STAND

Taddaaaa! Here's that piece of junk placed on the stand. I can recommend gettting some help with placing the model on the stand. You can do it all by yourself, but it's more convenient to lift the model, have your lovely assistant remove the landing gear struts and help you positioning the stand.

41416370331_b6859905a4_b.jpg

Backside shows there is some leeway for moving the model to the left or the right.

40701769644_904745a661_b.jpg

Does this setup look cool or what?! Granted, you still need a lot of space, but it's mostly vertical space, which allows you to more easily place it somewhere on a cupboard or on a sidetable in the living room. I'm sure your partner (if applicable) will be psyched to have this bad boy in the living room. I know @Kitty (my wife) is! :laugh:

40877362261_4c1ff7fd54_b.jpg

It is possible to move the model on the stand, but you need to make sure to hold the two sides of the stand.

40877361731_eeffdb9efa_b.jpg

Nice view from the rear of the vessel.

40169267564_fc421698eb_b.jpg

Here you can see the angle of the stand.

40169267934_96d2987e65_b.jpg

THE MINIFIG STAND

The minifig stand also has some cool details. One of these details is the Episode designation on both sides. On the left there's Episode 4, 5 and 6, while the rights shows Episode 7 and 8. Another nice detail is the placement of the studs, slightly at an angle, resulting in the minifigs facing the center.

40877362341_7e5427e2a9_b.jpg

If you are not buying the stand for the Falcon itself, the minifig stand might still be worth the purchase. I like it a lot.

39770122120_150643973d_b.jpg

THE PRICE

Okay, so both stands are very nice products, but what about the price?! Of course, as an owner of this great set you will probably be interested in a quality stand, but will it break the bank? Well, it doesn't...in my humble opinion.

The stand costs 49.99 GBP.
The stand + minifig add on costs 57.99 GBP.
The minifig stand alone costs 10.99 GBP.

Of course, some people will think that around 66 Euro for a bunch of plastic is a lot of money, but in the LEGO scene, and especially the UCS Star Wars Scene, this will hardly be an argument. I think that this price is very reasonable for such a nice stand. And let's not forget it displays a 850 Euro set, so it's not even 10% of the set price. Bricklinking the Efferman stand will set you back approximately the same amount.

THE VERDICT

I won't grade this stand, but I will simply tell you that this stand receives two big thumbs up!! You get a quality stand with a cool minifig add-on. 

Ohhh, and Han approves too.

6d4e5969a750a0b1fb14f2ef75499c75.jpg

Thanks you for reading this review. All pictures can be found here.

Nice review.

I really want the Millennium Falcon. But the sheer size of this thing makes it upossible for me to display it. And 800bugs have to be digested.

Edited by Robin_IV

Does the stand feel "stable" enough to hold the falcon for a long time ?! it looks quite thin from the acrylic used compared to the stand of TLG which they used for their store displays ... ?!

Just now, medu said:

Does the stand feel "stable" enough to hold the falcon for a long time ?! it looks quite thin from the acrylic used compared to the stand of TLG which they used for their store displays ... ?!

It does feel sturdy enough to me. The force is guided through both sides, so it doesn't fully depend on the thickness of the acrylic.

@Jimthanks for the review, this stand look great! Can you check the depth of the stand when the Falcon is mounted including the minifig stand?

6 minutes ago, Marinho said:

@Jimthanks for the review, this stand look great! Can you check the depth of the stand when the Falcon is mounted including the minifig stand?

From the top my head it's around 41 cm. I measured it to see if it will fit the iDisplayIT (Pure Display) display case. That case is 39 cm so it doesn't fit.
(that review will follow next month)

3 minutes ago, Jim said:

From the top my head it's around 41 cm. I measured it to see if it will fit the iDisplayIT (Pure Display) display case. That case is 39 cm so it doesn't fit.
(that review will follow next month)

Thanks! I will have the same problem, was planning to put it in a 35cm cabinnet, but no luck then..

Out of stock already for just the stand!  I'll keep an eye out and might get this.  Looks real nice!

Edited by aukevin

33 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Thanks! I will have the same problem, was planning to put it in a 35cm cabinnet, but no luck then..

Check out @efferman Stand, I have not finished my Falcon yet but at the moment it fits on a 40cm deep shelf with a good margin.
If i'm not mistaken, there actually is an alternative version of his stand which is even more vertical.

Wow, great stand, especially the minifig addon. Might think about getting this one, even though efferman's Lego version is very nice as well.

Looks truly awesome, but I'd be a bit afraid to put such a huge set at a constantly angled position - there's  constant sideways stress on the parts. It was never designed for that. 

That seems like a pretty good stand, I really like the minimalistic approach of it. Thanks for reviewing this @Jim.

4 hours ago, Daniel Jackson said:

Looks truly awesome, but I'd be a bit afraid to put such a huge set at a constantly angled position - there's  constant sideways stress on the parts. It was never designed for that. 

Someone should point this out to the employees at the Lego store. 

Is it possible to display it on the stand WITH the 7 feets ?

If yes, picture would be appreciated.

I mean, I think it would be cool to be able to put in on the stand or on a table at any time, without having to had/remove the feets.

12 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

That seems like a pretty good stand, I really like the minimalistic approach of it. Thanks for reviewing this @Jim.

Someone should point this out to the employees at the Lego store. 

Those sets were glued

11 hours ago, Anio said:

Is it possible to display it on the stand WITH the 7 feets ?

If yes, picture would be appreciated.

I mean, I think it would be cool to be able to put in on the stand or on a table at any time, without having to had/remove the feets.

No sadly it requires that 2 of the feet from the left hand side of the Falcon be removed, front and rear (the more central one can remain)  as can the other 4

Great review as usual Jim. If I didn't buy a coffee table for my Falcon I would surely think about this stand.

Do you think a drop of Kragle would make it more safe? Or the pieces are sturdy enough to sleep the night without fears of a MF explosion? :D

A coffee table is the best solution. That didn’t make it in my home hehe.

I think the Falcon can rest on the stand for a lifetime. Of course, I can only tell for sure after a long period. Concern about the stress on some parts might or might not be justied. I don’t think it will actually harm the parts, but for that, also time will tell. I will take another good look when I am at home next week.

On 4/20/2018 at 5:32 AM, Jim said:

...The force is guided .....

Good one.

Ah, so beautiful. Alas I live in a place that is prone to earthquakes and where LEGO is imported from far away. Making getting the Falcon expensive plus the stand and then the fear some tremor will send it all tumbling down >.< 

But I can stare at these pictures and dream that impossible dream, I shall live vicariously through these images. Thanks!

Thanks for your review! I'm still in doubt whether to buy this stand (with P&P it is ± €85,00), Bricklink the Efferman displaystand or to leave my MF the way it is... 

Maybe I should wait until your next review is posted. How many stands are you going to review?

looks like... looking forward to have the 75192 and place.

I'm still a bit afraid to buy this one. Is there no risk of the Falcon tilting forward if nudged? Or the plates at the bottom slowly coming loose over time? I love how it looks, but I want it to be 100% safe from breaking.