Capn Frank

[OL-FB] Small House in Fatu Hiva

41550491561_3c9388c628_c.jpg

Some local rabble were bothering a little girl and stealing her milk money.  It's a good thing the girl's mother was nearby.

40839111034_b986afcec5_z.jpg

This is a new corner module for the Collaborative Standard I use for a Pirate Town. This building was completely rebuilt to accommodate the smaller base and not have the roof protrude past the 18X18 base. There are a few other members of our LUG who have been building modules, so I came up with these corner modules the make the layout more flexible and large enough for Brickworld Chicago.

Charming house! The angled framing and the second floor extension over the door give it some character. The dark blue roof looks sharp, too. And I love the faces and poses of the rabble and the mother! :thumbup:

Really nice build, the wooden framing makes for a nice structure. Those flowerpots under the windows are a neat detail and clever build - consider it copied! But the scene is about the minifigs, and their posing and faces are just perfect. Well done! :thumbup:

I hope we get some coverage of the layout this appears in once Brickworld Chicago is done!

Thanks for the compliments.  The Tudor framing uses a 3-4-5 right triangle.  So center of stud to center of stud along the hypotenuse is 5 studs long which is perfect for a 1x6 tile, and the tile fits perfectly on both ends . :thumbup: 

Great work! That collab standard you use is pretty interesting.

2 hours ago, Phred said:

Thanks for the compliments.  The Tudor framing uses a 3-4-5 right triangle.  So center of stud to center of stud along the hypotenuse is 5 studs long which is perfect for a 1x6 tile, and the tile fits perfectly on both ends . :thumbup: 

You cant use math in lego construction ! Lmao 

It looks swell and I like that both ends are secure ... Makes less fiddling after transport ...

How do you intend to connect the modulars together?

Also Im liking that blue roof ... My only change would be to see what it looks like with a 4x2 plate built flower box with flowers under the windows to give a pop of color.  

Nice house, I like the overhang over the street, and the smoke from the chimney.