Darnok

[COR] Museum Of Natural Sciences, Jameston

Celestia has been of interest to all kinds of explorers and scientists since the moment it had first been claimed for Corrington. The latest expeditions into the jungles brought many findings and discoveries, but they were but the tip of an iceberg. To make all these wonders available to the citizens of Corrington and scholars from all over the Brick Seas alike, the Museum of Natural Sciences had been set up. In huge halls, flooded with light, the flora and fauna of Celestia are presented to the interested viewer.

WBTdsf7.jpg

CCopZJv.jpg

9LPVoJp.jpg

r3Z1Rhb.jpg

07XOcY6.jpg

==========================================================================================================

With this I claim my price for the "Orchid Challenge", as described here. To be licensed as a large education property.

13 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

:thumbup: This looks like somewhere I'd like to visit in real life.

7 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Very nice micro build Drunknok!

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Really nice one

Thanks everybody!

Perhaps a little bit too modern ?

Maybe, but things I had in mind were the Mexican Hothouse in in the Jardin de Plantes in Paris (built 1834-36) or the Palm House in Belfast Botanic Garden (completed 1840):

Serre_cactees_JdP.jpg.dam-images-architecture-2015-08-beautiful-greenhouses-most-beautiful-greenhouses-11.jpg

The idea was to have the edges of the transclear bricks mimic the metal structures, but it is obviously not detailed enough for the microbuild scale. But those types of greenhouses are definitely appropriate for the period BotBS is based on.

Edited by Drunknok

excellent greenhouse micro build Drunknok, I like how you put the plants inside too.

You're right...

That fits to those greenhouses...

But I will borrow tge concept for a more modern use :wink:

Edited by Professor Thaum

Nice micro, Drunknok. And very fitting theme for both COR and Jameston, and recent events.

For the record, the BOBS era stops with the napoleonic era(the latest given anywhere is 1830, I think) so technically, your given examples are not within the time frame.

I see no issue with the specific build, though, but we don't want to start experiencing tech scope creep, so I just wanted to to mention it.

Well those examples given by Drunknok may be, but greenhouses are already in recorded history since the Romans. 

Eh, the two example I gave were finished by 1840 - even by conservative count that is only ten years after the "deadline" of 1830. Which is not even a hard deadline in the first place. In a game that is not really historical anyway. There is lots of wiggle rooms, exactly for things like this. There is no steamengine powering the aircondition in the buildings or anything. :pir-grin:

But nobody is really complaining, and pointing out the "restrictions" of the timeframe the game is loosley based on is not a horrible thing to do. I too do not want to see steampunk and whatnot in BotBS...

Very Nice Microbuild @Drunknok, It's very clean and Corrish. It also reflects the examples you gave as well very nicely.