pagicence

[MOC] Challenger MT800E tracked tractor

That is a shame about the track drive, was looking forward to building this. Can anyone fix it please?, would be a good one for Efferman to sort out (hint hint):grin:. Might have to build it as a static model with no PF, if it cant be fixed because it still looks awesome.

Edited by technicfan

On 30.04.2018 at 12:44 AM, pagicence said:

No, I didn't. I haven't thought about how to fix them. It's clear that it needs more work. Even if I knew how to brace the gears (and I don't), I have no idea how to fix the track slippage on the bottom. My original thought was that it won't slip because of the weight of the whole model pressing on it. And if it isn't one thing then it's another. I'm just waiting for someone else to tell me that there is another thing to fix, and another, and another... This is as far as it goes regarding my abilities as a builder. I have no plans to improve or put any more work into this model. I'm sorry for the let down. You're better off with eric trax's model.

One question - this model exists only as virtual file, you did not build it with real bricks?

@M_longer That is correct. This model is only in LDD. I haven't build it with real legos. Just like every other model of mine. BTW I like yours Renault 155-54 tractor.

Edited by pagicence

2 hours ago, pagicence said:

This model is only in LDD. I haven't build it with real legos. Just like every other model of mine.

Well... I'll give you small advice - never build Technic models only in virtual versions. These models always have to be build with real bricks, to avoid mistakes and to check if everything works properly. And as you can see, with your model it didn't work.

2 hours ago, pagicence said:

BTW I like yours Renault 155-54 tractor.

UPDATE 3

I submitted this MOC on Lego Ideas. If you like it, please support it.

Although it needs some corrections to the drivetrain, if it passes forward, I will make sure to do them. I will iron out every wrinkle there is and correct every mistake. And I will make it compatible with standard Lego receivers

The deadline for 100 supporters is July 18th 2018.

Thank you

Edited by pagicence

5 hours ago, pagicence said:

...Although it needs some corrections to the drivetrain...

I would have waited till they were changed. They are important.

UPDATE 4

New deadline for 1000 supporters is July 16th 2019.

Now I have the time and the drive to fix some things, and slowly but surely make it work properly.

Thank you