EggomyLego

Lego Jedi Interceptor 75038 wing angle problem

How can i fix the wing that R2 and the other wing angle so they stay at the same angle?  I tired making it more accurate to the movie.   I made a couple modifications to the ship.  I can't figure how to fix the angle

26656208177_259705517d_b.jpg27655528548_b23ebdf268_o.jpg

Edited by EggomyLego

I don't see the problem.  Can you please explain the modifications you've made, and the problems you're having with the wing angles, in more detail?

The left wing on the left is slightly lower than the other. I used these technic pieces to put over the yellow slopes underneath to push the wings up  40633282495_b5a93f3032_o.jpg

If the basic wing structure and attachment lugs are the same on both sides, maybe it's just the extra weight of the droid that makes the left side droop.  The extra weight would have a negligible effect on new hinges, but 75038 is four years old.  If you've taken the set apart several times or moved the wings up and down a lot, the clutch power of the hinges could be noticeably reduced.  Try swapping the hinges on either side and see if that fixes the problem.

If the box and bags were sealed, then the hinges aren't the problem.  If you got a used copy, they still might be.  But if it's a new copy (sealed until you opened it), and you built it according to the instructions, perhaps the slight difference in wing angles isn't worth worrying about.  I can't see it in the pictures in your first post.

removed the droid entirely doesn't really change things Replace most of the hinges dosen't work

connection stability on r2 d2 side of the ship is a lot weaker.  maybe i'll try that

26659989527_852f5d35d5_o.jpg

A month and

a half after i bought it.  No real modifications on it.    You can kinda see a wing angle difference.  Perhaps the set is flawed. But it really itches to see this flaw.  I  watched reviews on the set but never get's a good enough angle to observe the wings.  and they don't mention this problem.  Very hard to notice i guess

Looked at a review.  It does look like it's part of the set. Unfortuanley I don't don't have good pictures of mine fresh out of the box

Did you by chance remove the two pieces, one under each wing, that prevent the wings from folding down past a certain angle? I can't quite tell from your pictures.

No, I guess the stop is that first Technic piece you showed where it hits that yellow sloped piece. I would say make sure all those bricks are seated properly. Also it appears, by looking at that bottom view, the wing on the pilots left or droid wing, is not all the way clicked into that hinge, it looks as though it is pulled away from the fuselage slightly, which would cause that wing to droop down more. 

19 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

No, I guess the stop is that first Technic piece you showed where it hits that yellow sloped piece. I would say make sure all those bricks are seated properly. Also it appears, by looking at that bottom view, the wing on the pilots left or droid wing, is not all the way clicked into that hinge, it looks as though it is pulled away from the fuselage slightly, which would cause that wing to droop down more. 

Im pretty sure it's already clicked in i just checked i can't push it in more into the hinge.  I'll show another updated picture on the progress tomorrow going to bed

40834499554_521188c395_o.jpg40834510894_241e2580f5_o.jpg

change the yellow slopes to bluish gray 2x4 slopes.  and use rounded bottom plates.  I have no clue what's the problem.  If anyone has this set chime in if you have it this problem.  i don't remember if this just came with the instructions.  I did drop it 2 times and had to rebuild the wings.  

26678406837_a65687f6fa_o.jpg

Got some basic parts that held the wings together.  They also have the same problem.  Left side feels a lot easier to move.  The right side feels a lot more clutch power.  But i replaced the parts from my own collection. and the set was sealed in a box.  Well this is real lego right?  Not lepin.  

At this point I'd say just stop worrying about it.  There's natural variation in parts, and the difference in wing angles looks like it's within the manufacturing tolerances.

This problem is something to worry about.  A whole 1/3 of the ship is totally wrong.  And then it messes up 2 thirds of the ship.  Impossible to align the wings correctly.  

That difference is tiny and not worth stressing over. You could try contact Lego for replacement hinges but given how tiny the difference is I doubt they’d oblige.

Edited by Bartybum

I have studied that first picture long and hard, blew it up, ran a straight edge across it, and looked at the other pictures as well. Honestly don't see any problem, maybe just a minute difference at best. 

Are you sure it's not just unbalanced on that stand, leaning a little bit one way? At this point it just seems like you are splitting hairs and will never be satisfied. I know I would be okay with it as it is, but I do understand your desire for perfection. I say let it go man and move on. You have done everything possible to fix what is not broken and are slowly driving yourself to insanity. 

I checked plenty of click hinge pairs and indeed they have some minscule angle differences. This seems to come from the fact you can manually adjust the angle slightly even within one "click" range. 
As usual in such cases, solution is to increase friction or add tension. If you can add something between the hull and the wings to force them into exact angle, it should be more even. You can also pull them towards the hull using rubber bands in some hidden spot. 

I can't offer exact solution because I don't have this set, but it definitely is doable.