Sign in to follow this  
Aleh

[MOC] Großer Mercedes 770 (W07) 1930-1938

Hello everybody!
I'm glad to represent you my latest MOC - Mercedes 770 - wellknown as Großer Mercedes or Grand Mercedes.

I built it's first version (W07) which was manufactured since 1930 till 1938, after it has been replaced by Mercedes 700 (W150) model.

Model to build was choosen by my wife.
Among the customers of this limousene were such well-known people as President Paul von Hindenburg, Japan Emperor Hirohito and Pope Pius X, Adolf Hitler, Hermann Göring, Heinrich Himmler and Reinhard Heydrich.

Here is the photo of the original car:

1935_Mercedes-Benz_770_Pullman-Limousine

And here is my model from Lego:

800x533.jpg

Car is made of 100% Lego plus uses 1 SBrick.
Mercedes has RWD + manual 3 Speed + N + Reverse gearbox + 8 cylinder inline engine like the original car! Powered by two XL motors.

Steering via M motor.

Car has front independent suspencion (like original car) with anti-roll bar, rear suspencion was developing as De Dion one, but as a result a got sometning 4 wishbone + 2 link suspencion.

Grand Mercedes has working mechanical brakes on each wheel + working brake pedal, powered by M motor. (No pneumatics were used as in the original car).
4 front and two rear lights.

Bonnet and all doors are openable of course.

Interior has 3 independant sofa, made of "white leather".
Video is coming in a few weeks.
Please enjoy this creation.

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

800x533.jpg

More photos here:

https://bricksafe.com/pages/Aleh/mercedes_770#

Edited by Aleh

Great MOC wizh correct (fake) engine - inline 8 :thumbup:

I really like this version, lines, details (specially small star on wheel from Arocs), ideal wheel/tire choice, great color combo...

The exterior looks excellent. Only remark is the positioning of the sbrick in the interior, can you hide it?

Edited by emielroumen

Excellent model! The functions are awesome, and I really would like to know more about the gearbox design!

Only I would change is have the spare wheels be black, and the rear ones dark bley. :wink:

+1 for HoF!

Really good. 

Motocross tires would have been better on all wheels, I think.

Epic work! my respect to your patience and attention to details:thumbup:

I am in love. I would just add some chrome.

Edited by Samolot

Hi friends! First of all thank you very much for your comments and I'm really very appreciate the time you spent for reading this topic!

15 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Great MOC wizh correct (fake) engine - inline 8 :thumbup:

I really like this version, lines, details (specially small star on wheel from Arocs), ideal wheel/tire choice, great color combo...

Like you noticed that! If I had I 4 of this tiles with logo of courze I would add them. 

15 hours ago, emielroumen said:

The exterior looks excellent. Only remark is the positioning of the sbrick in the interior, can you hide it?

Thanks for this. I'll try to make it less visionable.

14 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Besides the headlights being (slightly) too big, this is a 10/10 replication! Awesome job! This is HoF worthy :classic: 

According to the blueprints headlight's housing is 99% match the original one.
Round plate 4*4 is too big, true, round plate 3*3 match the original at 99%, but in that case the gap between the housing and the "glass" looks ugly, imho (I'll show you later).

9 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Excellent model! The functions are awesome, and I really would like to know more about the gearbox design!

Only I would change is have the spare wheels be black, and the rear ones dark bley. :wink:

+1 for HoF!

At the bricksafe there a couple photos of the bottom of this car. Motors drive the gearbox, from gearbox torgue goes both to the engine and to the rear differential.  Detailed construction you can see in the building instruction, which are coming for sure!
Wheels: I'll combine BDG/black rims and make an amateur photo.

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

Really good. 

I don't think so for my own opinion. I'll put on the car on motocross tyres and shoot a photo.

39 minutes ago, Samolot said:

I am in love. I would just add some chrome.

True. I wish I had chrome parts.

13 hours ago, bekesizoltan said:

Awesome! Looks really good! How does the break system work?

It would be hard to explain. Rear wheels aer connected to the 2695 wheel, which are been braked by 2l rubber.
Front axle stopeed in the other way, using also 2l rebber beams.

Making suspended steered axle with working mechhanikal(!) brakes is above my current level of building skills. 

Furthermore I decided not to take someone's idea (Sheepo's, for example).

Nice model, congratulations. Very good modeling overall, but I have a couple of critiques if I may:

- The grille looks like it's a couple units more forward than it should be

- The rear upper corners seem too blocky, maybe a more curvy solution like the bottom half would look better

- The reference picture seems to have suicide doors unlike your model, but most of the pictures on google show the doors on the configuration you built, so I'm not sure why I wrote this one :)

Edited by zweihander

1 hour ago, Aleh said:

Like you noticed that! If I had I 4 of this tiles with logo of courze I would add them. 

this are some of the details that are obvious on real car, so it is very hard for then to be neglected...

On 17.04.2018 at 10:08 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Besides the headlights being (slightly) too big, this is a 10/10 replication! Awesome job! This is HoF worthy :classic: 

Here we go: scaled glass headlight do not match housing perfect for my point of view.

800x600.jpg

On 18.04.2018 at 8:14 AM, Jurss said:

Really good. 

You were right: motocross tyres also fits the car :classic:

800x600.jpg

On 18.04.2018 at 3:53 AM, Leonardo da Bricki said:

+1 for HoF!

As you wish:

800x600.jpg

Edited by Aleh

Great MOC! Super nice shelf model, I would be proud of it.

I really like the motocross wheels with DBG rims and the spare in black. The 1x1 Arocs tiles on all wheels would look superb. Therefore I would change the "wheel nuts".

But, I also have a few things to mention:

Great replica. But as every replica of a pre war car, the front axle is too far in the back. Original cars of that period have their coolers always behind or on top of the front axle. Replicas are the modern way, so the cooler is in front of the axle, same as in your great looking MOC. And are you sure about the doors? To me it looks that they open the opposite way originally.

Has the origin car also three seating rows or only two?

And the major failure: it would look awesome on my shelf instead of yours. :laugh::sweet::blush:

HOF :thumbup:

On 12.05.2018 at 9:44 AM, MegaRoi said:

Great MOC! Super nice shelf model, I would be proud of it.

HOF :thumbup:

First of all tnak you very much! Really appreciate!

And are you sure about the doors? To me it looks that they open the opposite way originally.

Has the origin car also three seating rows or only two?

I Sure. In the google pics you can easely find theese limousines in both configurations.

The same as for the seats: car may have 2 rows, 3 rows, and three rows when middle row is in the opposide direction, so the passengers can seat face 2 face.

And the major failure: it would look awesome on my shelf instead of yours. :laugh::sweet::blush:

We can solve this problem with the building instructions coming soon :grin:

Hey builders! Building instructions are coming!

I try to make them at least not worse than they were on Lonestar.

Here I have some improvements such as axle's lengh index. Stay tuned please.

800x533.jpg

1280x853.jpg

800x533.jpg

Edited by Aleh