Sign in to follow this  
cimddwc

[MOC] Yet another modular Lego store

Hi everyone,

my latest building is a 16-wide Lego store, featuring the store from 60097 City Square and the VIP Store and Minifigure Factory GWPs plus a facade based on the Zehender house in Heilbronn (and a roof cornice of my own):

41497565911_9a3f76d7b5_z.jpg

26626764787_6a90905204.jpg

The "Z" on top is a reference to the Zehender house.

Simpler back side:
40604065145_0fee011cfe.jpg

Inside we start with many sets on the walls and a vintage poster (luckily I kept the STAMPs from set 1592 all these years):
40604062155_53354eda12.jpg

Pick-a-Brick wall upstairs...
27626012728_46482a000d.jpg
...plus Build-a-Minifigure and bigger sets. Feel free to imagine what the huge Friends-colored set could be. :)
26626759857_b9ed102e39.jpg

Next floor: The Minifigure Factory didn't really fit as a factory into this small building, so it's a manufacture for special hand-painted figures:
39688560060_6946bd754c.jpg
VIP cards are checked before you get access to the upper floors...
26626758157_276ec26f6a.jpg

And there's the VIP lounge - free drinks, chatting with employees and other fans, and exclusive previews of new sets such as the UCS Kessel Run MF...
39688558560_0e3135b3c1.jpg
...and if you got the money, you can buy a rare discontinued set from the display case or a vintage decorative brick from the top shelf:
40604056215_cbf775c547.jpg

Want to take a selfie with Brick Girl? Go to the rooftop!
27626008898_5f65c05ed5.jpg

» Flickr album

Hope you like it...

Another impressive build, especially the window decoration looks like it took quite a bit of time to pull it off.

Oooh, a most ornate exterior for a sixteen wide Lego Store! :purrr:

The interior too is nicely done for such a narrow space, and I like how you've already incorporated the promotional Minifigure Factory set into there also! :classic:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Very Nice. It's great how you've incorporated the various LEGO GWPs. The facade is superb. 

I like the look of this a lot! :thumbup: I agree with @Digger of Bricks, the interior is very detailed especially considering it's only 16 studs wide.

The micro figs and the mini milennium Falcon look really good. :classic:

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, the window frame took quite some playing around with snotting half-plate offsets etc.

The mini Falcon is basically last year's Advent Calendar design plus that extra bit in the front. And white instead of gray, of course.

Nice work, as usual. :thumbup:

A Lego store is a nice way to place all those self-referencing tiles and minifigs within a modular city.

I can't even begin to wrap my head around the snot-work around the windows. :wacko: Exceptional.

Where does this go in your city?

2 hours ago, RogerSmith said:

Where does this go in your city?

Around the corner from the Grand Hotel, between a yet-to-be-modified Assembly Square and something else about which I haven't much of an idea yet...

I love all your modulars but this one is really different from your others IMO, has a very unique style! This is an absolutely incredible build!! :wub: Really, that color scheme, all the techniques on the facade, especially these windows. :wub_drool: I really love how you incorporated all the GWPs. And the interior is fantastically well done for a so small space! Great job! :classic: :thumbup: What's the piece on the second floor of the back side?

Very nice. I like how it is a "traditional" building which has been tastefully renovated with a modern, large glass pane store on the ground floor.

Love this,

the colors are working great ( love how you made the staircases )

Great Work

Greetings

Thanks again!

17 hours ago, LegoModularFan said:

What's the piece on the second floor of the back side?

Second floor? European definition above ground floor, it's a 2x2 round plate plus 2x2 round tile with hole on a Technic axle pin. Second floor of the upper part (dark red/tan) is 30094 plus tiles, and a tooth plate above..

7 hours ago, cimddwc said:

Second floor of the upper part (dark red/tan) is 30094

That was what I was asking for. I've never seen this piece before interestingly, so thanks! I don't know what it's supposed to be but if it's a window, it works really great there! I'm still admiring the window decoration in the meantime... :wub: (still trying to understand how it's made too! :laugh:)

Edited by LegoModularFan