Sign in to follow this  
zsincze

[MOC] Roman army going to war

Hello Everybody,

So excited to finally post my very first moc.

This is a little scene of roman warriors leaving their home town to leave to war. They are all gathering and moving to the port and ship off to conquer some new land. 

Hope you like it. Any advice, tip or anything is SUPER appreciated. Hope you like it.

26626433877_02fd948b74_k.jpg

39688190170_5d9208cc7c_k.jpg

27625699918_741044c86c_k.jpg39688193410_57befa5ce1_k.jpg27625703728_b0ed707a6b_k.jpg

Thanks for dropping by!

Wow, I never imagined that someone could collect that many romans from the minifig series :classic:

I really like the smootheness of the build althought there are some parts that stand out from the rest like that tree behind the temple with doesn't look as good as the rest. Nice rockwork on the shore.

That's a great Roman diorama!

The temple could use some more decoration I guess, but neverthless, it looks good :)

On 16.04.2018 at 11:06 PM, jakbar said:

Wow, I never imagined that someone could collect that many romans from the minifig series :classic:

I really like the smootheness of the build althought there are some parts that stand out from the rest like that tree behind the temple with doesn't look as good as the rest. Nice rockwork on the shore.

Yeah I just made a whole bunch of ebay & bricklink purchases :) 

And yeah the tree in the back is not the best, I tried a few tree techniques, I am still learning so I'l try as many new stuff as I can.

On 17.04.2018 at 3:18 PM, Maxim I said:

That's a great Roman diorama!

The temple could use some more decoration I guess, but neverthless, it looks good :)

Thanks, I honestly have not yet figured out how to add details to bigger builds. I often find myself trying to get the scale to work, and somehow never manage to add the details. Any tips on balancing the 2?

On 23.04.2018 at 11:00 AM, MOMAtteo79 said:

Cool diorama, but aren't the Romans missing some side leg print?

Amm perhaps, I did buy them from bricklink/ebay so they may not be authentic lego. But they should be... So I have no clue.

On 01.05.2018 at 2:18 PM, AmperZand said:

Really cool. I especially like the temple. The roof of the building on the side is also very well done. :thumbup:

16 hours ago, zsincze said:

Yeah I just made a whole bunch of ebay & bricklink purchases :) 

Amm perhaps, I did buy them from bricklink/ebay so they may not be authentic lego. But they should be... So I have no clue.

I'm afraid that @MOMAtteo79 is right and the legs aren't genuine LEGO. The authentic CMF Romans had side printing on their legs. It's possible that the entire minifigures aren't LEGO and are Chinese bootlegs. It's rare to have counterfeits being passed off as LEGO on BrickLink, but that happens quite a bit on Ebay where levels of seller honesty vary. 

Two telltale signs that they're bootleg are if they came in sealed clear baggies and if the spear heads detach from the hafts. Neither of those are true of real LEGO Romans.    

This is a really cool little display.  I like the column scrolls and the roof design.