Hello All,

This is an attempt to model a cool, nostalgic car from Eastern Germany, the last model of the Trabant factory in Zwickau. I have created this model as a birthday gift to my best friend who used to drive us around in a car like this in his early twenties.

If you like this MOC, you can suppport it on the Lego Ideas site - thanks!

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/a4bbe629-6520-44f3-ba50-318457e26255

41276974971_c7f04b576d_b.jpgLego Trabant Universal 1.1 by Dan Falussy, on Flickr

26623175097_1c6f3342c6_b.jpgBackview by Dan Falussy, on Flickr

40781190264_f8ac86617b_b.jpgOpenall by Dan Falussy, on Flickr

40781192364_191d825acf_b.jpgInterior by Dan Falussy, on Flickr

It looks really nice and sleek. Awesome job!

I love that you have made a half-plate offset on the headlights, and I can see you are favoring sturdiness instead of closing that thin line below. That is probably something LEGO would prefer as well if you get it through LEGO ideas.

I love this , my pal drove a real Trabi back to the U.K from Germany , it had a metal tray for a Paraffin fueled cabin heater in the dash-board!....maybe an L.E.D. in the dash could mimic this weirdness!!!....nah, only joking!!..this is an amazing build, I can`t honestly see any way to improve it...thanks for sharing.

Regards

Kenny

This not only does it look cute but precise as well! Awesome work there. That back part with lights. Superbly solved issue