Reza

Quiz N2: what do you find uncommon in this photo again?!

There has been some rumors that I am not capable to make new quizzes. This is NOT true! I come back with new quizzes. For warm-up, let's stick to 4.5v battery wagons again! After the successful quiz N1:

which was followed with a new item on bricklink:

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=x488c03&idColor=5

x488c03.png

now again: what do you find uncommon in this photo?

Battery wagons, Quiz 2

I have told the answer to few friends. Please do not spoil. If you know the answer, you can pm me then I comment that you know the answer so that people can think about this photo for few days.

There are gonna be harder quizzes, so prepare for them!  ;-) :-)

Have fun.

Edited by Reza

The answer is not any more the black swith of the red wagon in the middle of the top raw. That was the answer of the previous quiz.

From our PM Conversation:

I thought I'd have a stab at this, even though I know very little about early LEGO trains. Is it that (ignoring the black wagon) all of the blue wagons have red-and-blue magnets and all of the red wagons have black magnets, except the one 2nd-from-bottom-right which has red-and-blue instead? Just going on an odd-one-out basis. Can the magnets can easily be taken off and swapped though?

Edited by ColletArrow
Editor behaving strangely

20 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

Can the magnets can easily be taken off and swapped though?

NIce try but I didn't not mean this. Actually the magnets can be taken off without any damage. I have seen few experts telling me that this is hard and that it can break the magnets. I have done it many times but never broke any of them. Whenever I get some free time, I will upload a video on how to do it safely. 

It looks like all the blue wagons have two pin sockets except one. The later red ones also have three pin sockets. I guess this corresponds to the grey era when 12V used 3 pin plugs.

I'd love to see the video of removing magnets safely. I've done it but I've also damaged magnets taking them off.

Edited by peterab
Added info

On 4/18/2018 at 1:26 AM, peterab said:

It looks like all the blue wagons have two pin sockets except one. The later red ones also have three pin sockets. I guess this corresponds to the grey era when 12V used 3 pin plugs.

This answer is correct. Bravo!
I would try to split the current blue battery item on bricklink.

On 4/19/2018 at 6:41 PM, bmassaer said:

I would also love to know how to remove the magnets without breaking them!

For sure. I am currently busy, but will do it at some point soon.