Zeren

Armed with a sawed-off shotgun and a powerful sniper rifle, this intergalactic bounty hunter is prepared for any threat.

A MOC I've had since early 2010, finally looking like he belongs in 2018.

I really doubled down on the sci-fi soldier influences for this new version, pulling from Samus, Doomguy, Master Chief, and the Titan Spectre armor from Destiny.

Special thanks to L.A. Miranda, Constraction Deva, and Djokson for helping to bring this version to life. Their input and techniques went the longest way for this new version, and I couldn't be more grateful.
Edited by Mitch Henry

It's so clean looking, sweet! I love the color scheme, it pops in all the right ways. It's such a little thing for me to focus on, but I adore your saw-off shotgun build. The little grip makes me want to pick it up and go *chick-chick* ; )

Niiiice. I love how filled out he is. It's like every part of him is well covered and armored. The only part I can see that isn't are the insides of his forearms, but I don't know if adding armor there is even feasible.

Beefy, solid, well proportioned, well colored, and well armed. Not much more I can say! He's fantastic!

On 4/16/2018 at 10:30 PM, JoeyB said:

It's so clean looking, sweet! I love the color scheme, it pops in all the right ways. It's such a little thing for me to focus on, but I adore your saw-off shotgun build. The little grip makes me want to pick it up and go *chick-chick* ; )

Thanks! I love the color scheme too haha. I'm really glad you mentioned the sawed-off since nobody else mentioned his weapons yet. Originally I wanted him to have a new pistol. I was reluctant to build the shotgun since I figured it was too specific to Doomguy, but the pistol I built was so large that it started to look like a shotgun anyways. I've been dying to use that Metru thigh armor for a shotgun slide for some time now and I figured this was the perfect MOC to do it.

On 4/17/2018 at 10:23 AM, Kalhiki said:

Niiiice. I love how filled out he is. It's like every part of him is well covered and armored. The only part I can see that isn't are the insides of his forearms, but I don't know if adding armor there is even feasible.

Beefy, solid, well proportioned, well colored, and well armed. Not much more I can say! He's fantastic!

Glad you like him so much! I was afraid people might say he's too thin this time around since his last version was built like a truck. I think what kept the bulk was a technique that @Constraction Deva used on his MOC Solis. The bracket/boatstud combo fills in that ugly blank space underneath a CCBS shell beautifully, and with some tires to squeeze them in they fit perfectly. The underside of the forearms is a different story though. I've got an idea that could fill them in but i don't think it would look very good. we'll see what the future holds.