Bart

[SR FB] Poppy Port - Mayor Office

Even a starting settlement needs an office for the local clergy to oppress rule administrate from.

I tried to keep the same feeling of the terrain as with my first build in Poppy Port but with your comments about needing more detailing on the terrain in my mind. 

The building is a simple wooden construction, with a canvas roof. As the port is still under development, there is no incoming trade yet and building materials are sourced locally.

41432507612_7d58690d50_z.jpgPoppy Port - Mayor Office by Bart, on Flickr

26603361217_2e296a154c_z.jpgPoppy Port - Mayor Office 2 by Bart, on Flickr

41432495472_23bef953d1_z.jpgPoppy Port - Mayor Office 3 by Bart, on Flickr

The first ship with mail has found it's way into Poppy Port.
Dr. Anderson! the office lady calls out, a letter for you!.

Dr. Anderson was just about to join James at James Creek for some relaxed fishing.

to Dr. Anderson
Poppy Port, Sabre Island, Sea-Rats

Dear Doctor

Thank you for the maps, and the good survey work you did. 
I would like to ask you if you can explore and survey the surrounding area of Poppy Port too. 
of course your efforts will be paid for.

Best regards
Cathy Derr

Very nice build @Bart! Great terrain details and putting the building on an angle really adds a nice visual interest. Looking forward to more builds for Poppy Port!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Lovely office I think it sets the bar for builds in poppy port.  I like the way you've added depth to the creek bed.  This is turning into a fine settlement

57 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Very nice build @Bart! Great terrain details and putting the building on an angle really adds a nice visual interest. Looking forward to more builds for Poppy Port!

9 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Lovely office I think it sets the bar for builds in poppy port.  I like the way you've added depth to the creek bed.  This is turning into a fine settlement

3 minutes ago, Kwatchi said:

Very nice LD build.  Why a white roof? 

More builds in Poppy Port, well no need to rush things :D but you are welcome to participate ;p
"the bar" sounds a bit harsh to me, but I thought for starting builds wood should be the way to go, but when the settlement develops and ships come in, brick build buildings may show up too.
The roof is supposed to represent a canvas covered roof (aka made with a sail). 

(I struggle the most with putting roofs on buildings....)

My bad.  I completely passed over that bit of info in the description.  Makes perfect sense now.