40413932022_767a54870d_c.jpg

Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4

Episode 5 (you are here) 
40565390715_acdce37f76_z.jpg

As soon as he had heard about the Red Fandago (also known as Flynn Stewart) being found, Colonel Greybeard had gathered a band of his troop with all haste and dashed of to the docks where Sergeant Salt had spotted the highwayman.  

Well wait a second, allow me to correct that - the first thing he did was find a cab, and then he dashed off with the troop to the docks.  But unfortunately, it took so long to find a carriage that in the end not much time was saved anyhow...

Dash%20for%20the%20Docks%20%283%29.JPG

Be that as it may, they were just tearing up the wharf when Sergeant Salt caught sight of the Red Fandago. 

"We've got him, Colonel!" he exclaimed - a bit prematurely, as Colonel Greybeard thought.  

Dash%20for%20the%20Docks%20%282%29.JPG

Flynn Stewart was darting down the dock with all haste, carrying the last of his ill-gotten gains with him.  

Colonel Greybeard spotted a ship's gangplank resting up against the wood, Captain Blofeld waiting for his last crewman at the top of it and ready to depart.  

"Oh snap! - that chap!" exclaimed the Colonel under his breath.  "We must catch this rascal - coach master, faster!"

The troop leapt of the carriage and raced to the dock, reaching it just after the gangplank was pulled back and the Surprise began to move.  Were they too late?

To be continued...

A couple last pictures without the carriage:

Dash%20for%20the%20Docks%20%286%29.JPG

The whole build:

41458787961_27b03a092d_z.jpg

Next installment of the storyline - keep your weather eye(s) opened for more soon!

Thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome as always!

Awesome build Garmadon! Great details on the wharf! Would have been nice to see a ship rather then just a gangway, but it doesn't take away from the build at all. Nice job!

Love all the Corries sticking out of that carriage! :pir-laugh:   In fact you did a great job with the fig posing on this, the coins flying out of the Red Fandago's sack are great!  Good job on the slanted rock too and I really like the little bit of a park in the back.  Not so sure about the building, which seems to end rather oddly.  The gangplank to nowhere is also extremely odd in the build context, although it makes sense in the story... still...  But the umbrella atones for all shortcomings. :pir-grin:

Nice build! So much to like, such the wave, the tavern, the statue and the gangplank, and I really like how the dock is built.

great harbour scene! I love all the action around the carriage. The corner of the park and the building are almost builds on their own, while you reduced them to a background job :P

Good Golly, old chum, as Colonel Greybeard might have said.

Splendid installment of the series. Quite amusing, I must say.

And now I also know what my harbour should look like!

Excellent, excellent! :pir-grin:

The two details that stand out to me are the water and the windows... I would love to see the behind the scene on the window treatment.

The statue also stands out as well ... The new style horses lend well in this application.  And the umbrella made me laugh.

The cab is well done as well the posing really adds movement to it.  

Although I would have loved to see a ship at the end of the gangway I feel it would have detracted from the detail in the rest of the build.   I think it was a good choice letting your imagination put it there.

The sloped cracked wall towards the water is absolutely amazing. Might be the best quay I have seen in BoBS.

And more beautiful details stand out: The creative attachment of the rounded windows outside the actual building, looks fantastic (especially with the trans-yellow behind), the rider statue, and the water. :wub: this water... WOW!

Thanks all! :classic:

On 4/14/2018 at 8:17 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Awesome build Garmadon! Great details on the wharf! Would have been nice to see a ship rather then just a gangway, but it doesn't take away from the build at all. Nice job!

Thanks mate! - and yes it would have, but I unfortunately didn't have the time, and the fact is that I don't think I'm very good at building only one section of a ship either :grin:  However, you can see the whole ship (by Captain B) here!

On 4/14/2018 at 8:54 PM, Kai NRG said:

Love all the Corries sticking out of that carriage! :pir-laugh:   In fact you did a great job with the fig posing on this, the coins flying out of the Red Fandago's sack are great!  Good job on the slanted rock too and I really like the little bit of a park in the back.  Not so sure about the building, which seems to end rather oddly.  The gangplank to nowhere is also extremely odd in the build context, although it makes sense in the story... still...  But the umbrella atones for all shortcomings. :pir-grin:

Thanks Kai, the posing here was a lot of fun (in fact, it's been a lot of fun with all my builds for this storyline so far! :laugh:).  I've always wanted to try out this cracked wall technique since your Japanese Fortress remake, so this was a great opportunity!  

Yep, that end of the house looked much better from some angles than from others... like from the back, which, of course, I couldn't take pictures from :grin:  Didn't really realize how odd it looked until I took pictures, haha!  Umbrellas ftw! :pir-grin:

On 4/14/2018 at 9:38 PM, Bodi said:

Nice build! So much to like, such the wave, the tavern, the statue and the gangplank, and I really like how the dock is built.

Thanks mate! :pir-sweet:

On 4/15/2018 at 3:29 AM, Bart said:

great harbour scene! I love all the action around the carriage. The corner of the park and the building are almost builds on their own, while you reduced them to a background job :P

Thanks! :pir-grin:  Well, I did need something there, you know :pir-laugh:  And if they were builds on their own, I couldn't forgive myself for not finding time for interiors :grin:

On 4/15/2018 at 4:55 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Good Golly, old chum, as Colonel Greybeard might have said.

Splendid installment of the series. Quite amusing, I must say.

And now I also know what my harbour should look like!

Excellent, excellent! :pir-grin:

:pir-laugh: Thanks Captain B!  Really glad you like it!  I actually think I liked my next segment version even better, though :pir-grin:

And I actually got a lot of ideas and inspiration from your dock, by the way!  Such as, the slanted rockwall quay, the dock, buildings behind the road, etc.

On 4/15/2018 at 2:48 PM, Roadmonkeytj said:

The two details that stand out to me are the water and the windows... I would love to see the behind the scene on the window treatment.

The statue also stands out as well ... The new style horses lend well in this application.  And the umbrella made me laugh.

The cab is well done as well the posing really adds movement to it.  

Although I would have loved to see a ship at the end of the gangway I feel it would have detracted from the detail in the rest of the build.   I think it was a good choice letting your imagination put it there.

Thanks, my man!  I will see if I can't remember to take a behind-the-scenes shot of the windows next time I use the technique :pir-classic:  The statue was inspired by the recent statue to the founder of Quinnsville!

On 4/16/2018 at 2:35 AM, Elostirion said:

The sloped cracked wall towards the water is absolutely amazing. Might be the best quay I have seen in BoBS.

And more beautiful details stand out: The creative attachment of the rounded windows outside the actual building, looks fantastic (especially with the trans-yellow behind), the rider statue, and the water. :wub: this water... WOW!

Thanks, Elos!  I'm definitely going to have to use the quay technique again sometime in the future!  

As to the windows - yes, that's a very handy technique that I discovered last time I used them, which gets around the trouble of having to find out some way to cover the curve up top - and it leaves room for the trans-yellow, which I really love.  Thanks again!