LM71Blackbird

[COR-FB-ML] Flying Fish Fountain

Flying Fish Fountain

41457185901_4670b9cd6d_b.jpgML fountain by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

On a peaceful path not far from a outdoor sausage smoker, is a serene fountain called the Flying Fish Fountain. No one is quite sure how it got that name, because of course, fish don't fly... at least not unless someone is throwing them. Then they can fly quite far... Here a WTC Marine is enjoying a perfectly cooked sausage while taking a relaxing walk next the fountain.

This is my second build for @Drunknok's April WTCM rewards. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

It will be licensed as a small arts & culture.

Nicely done - the water effects are just about perfect :thumbup:  Great use of those new curved tiles and the fish statues too!

9 minutes ago, Garmadon said:

Nicely done - the water effects are just about perfect :thumbup:  Great use of those new curved tiles and the fish statues too!

Thank you very much!

Lovely little fountain. The "flowing water" is really well done, and the bits of surrounding landscape fit Mesabi Landing perfectly. To make this build the continuation of another story is a great idea!

I have never thought about using that minifig face in the context of eating - clever! I will definitely steal borrow the idea. :thumbup:

9 hours ago, Bart said:

Nice fountain! good choice in minifig face.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Lovely little fountain. The "flowing water" is really well done, and the bits of surrounding landscape fit Mesabi Landing perfectly. To make this build the continuation of another story is a great idea!

I have never thought about using that minifig face in the context of eating - clever! I will definitely steal borrow the idea. :thumbup:

Thanks! I saw that somewhere and had to implement it!

Yeah, I figured that face could have duel meanings... it was the only one that fit the build!

I missed this first time out.  It is a lovely LDD build. 

Normally I'd think the hotdog is a bit random, but it does give some "life" to an otherwise static MOC, so good choice.

4 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

I missed this first time out.  It is a lovely LDD build. 

Normally I'd think the hotdog is a bit random, but it does give some "life" to an otherwise static MOC, so good choice.

Thanks! If you check out my outdoor sausage smoker it makes a lot more sense.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Excellent Build Blackbird. Your continued efforts towards Corrington's greatest settlement are appreciated. Keep up the great work!

4 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Excellent Build Blackbird. Your continued efforts towards Corrington's greatest settlement are appreciated. Keep up the great work!

Many thanks! I'm glad you like it!