Sign in to follow this  
mpj

[MOC] Volvo L 120 H wheel loader

Hello!

I finally completed my new Moc: a Volvo L120H wheel loader in 1:17,3 scale.

dsc04341.jpg

I started this project about 1,5 years ago, then I had a pause during last spring/summer, and I restarted working on it on October 2017.

It has 4 powered fuctions:

- forward/backward (L motor)

- steer (2 mini LAs powered by M motor)

- rise/lower main arm (2 LAs powered by L motor)

- bucket (1 mini LA powered by M motor)

dsc04332.jpg

All the electric components are hidden inside the bonnet, except one M motor which is in the cab.

dsc04335.jpg

The main goal was to obtain the correct movement of the arm and the bucket. I worked with the original drawings scaled to the model size. At the end, the linkage works quite well and the bucket stays parallel during the movement of the arm.

parallel.jpg

The battery box is on the back and can be easily be easily removed to change the batteries.

dsc04347.jpg

dsc04349.jpg

Stickers are home-made.

I'd like to change the rims with the 6 pin holes rims, but at the moment I only have the 3 pin holes ones.

dsc04350.jpg

dsc04351.jpg

FInally, a short video, but I'm going to make an outdoor video soon :

Enjoy! :classic:

You have forgot to add light on the back of the cab's roof ;)

06.JPG

Lovely build, I especially like that you have managed to fit a standard battery box in there.

A clean, neatly-covered, good-sized MOC, and an accurate (if one light is all @M_longer can find wrong with it, it must be... :grin:) replica of the machine to boot. I like the subtle orange, so much so that I hardly noticed the battery box switch the first time around! Well done.

5 minutes ago, M_longer said:

You have forgot to add light on the back of the cab's roof ;)

Somebody has stolen them :grin:

Good point! I will add them.

I also forgot to say that the bucket is removable (quick change). I'll build some alternative attachments in the future.

dsc04360.jpg

It is very nice, detailed, smooth and functional as it should be :thumbup:

(and I like mocs in 1:17,5 - 1:18 scale :classic:)

Very nice build. It looks great (except for that missing light of course :laugh_hard:) and functions well. 

Well done.

Edited by grum64
Punctuation

I have to comment again because it must be said that to represent a perfect arm and bucket movement is very rare and you have done an impressive work, I have seen this linkage before but never with Lego I thought to use it before and the same bucket too but I thought it would looked bad now I see that I was wrong.

34 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I have to comment again because it must be said that to represent a perfect arm and bucket movement is very rare and you have done an impressive work, I have seen this linkage before but never with Lego I thought to use it before and the same bucket too but I thought it would looked bad now I see that I was wrong.

Yes I remember your topic. I must confess I made many and many attempts. What works on paper doesn't always work in real.

This kind of linkage is only in Volvo loaders, so if your are building a Cat, it must be different. I'm sure the result will be good!

Then you know right as me that less than a milimeter can make the diference in the linkages of these machines and just for this they are my favorite ones. The worst is that now there is a new type of linkage and it is impossible to represent but that will be another history.

rcCubgX.jpg?1

Wow... Never thought that kind of arm movement was possible... And it is such a clean model. Except for that light. :tongue::laugh: Great work! :thumbup:

Also like how the AA battery box is used, I have to do the same in my models, as I do not yet have the AAA or rechargeable batteries. Yet...

22 hours ago, ColletArrow said:

(if one light is all @M_longer can find wrong with it, it must be... :grin:

Well, this is a liftarm based build, it cant be acurate as Model Team build, but it still is a very good model :)

22 hours ago, mpj said:

I also forgot to say that the bucket is removable (quick change

I'd go for some axle locked design, having large bucket held only with two pins can be catastrophic when loading something heavy ;)

Yes but the 2 pins are not in the same angle as the external force works. I don't know how to explain...

And of course the max weight it will rise will be polistyrene bubbles.:wink:

In the meanwhile, I added the lights on the back of the cab.

20180415_141447.jpg