Holodoc

Event 2018 Billund building challenge!

12 hours ago, eiker86 said:

Just figured out that my car is 5 wide :( 

Well the Hot Rod in Holodocs post is also more 4 or 5 than 6 wide I think... :wink:

Finally got down to building. I have new-found respect for the Speed Champions designers, it is fiendishly difficult to get any sort of detail at a 6-wide scale!!!

Three weeks from now. If you are a last-minute-builder you still have 20 days to get your inspiration. :wink:

To put some pressure on the challenge, here is a teaser:

28034250618_b031de7d5a_z.jpg

Soon to be revealed. :grin:

NOTE: Please bring a short despcription of your car with at least one photo of your archetype to the event.
We'll have a nice exhibition of all entries there.

On 5.5.2018 at 9:51 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Printed right? Can also put one on my phone :laugh:

For easier access to it - yes!
The jury will be all of us and I can't think of 45+ people gathering in front of a smartphone. :wink:

Alright - a question. Do you want cars that are strictly six-wide (although the Bugatti is wider, if you count the mudguards) or do you want them in the Speed Champions scale?

The Ford F-150 from set 75875 (the same that the hot rod came in) is eight wide, for example. I'm considering something that is easily the same width as the real-life F-150. Would eight-wide then be possible? As long as it is to scale with the other Speed Champions cars...?

Mine has a 6 wide body, but with the wheels and wheelcovers, it is close to a total width of 8 :sceptic:

17 hours ago, L@go said:

Alright - a question. Do you want cars that are strictly six-wide (although the Bugatti is wider, if you count the mudguards) or do you want them in the Speed Champions scale?

The Ford F-150 from set 75875 (the same that the hot rod came in) is eight wide, for example. I'm considering something that is easily the same width as the real-life F-150. Would eight-wide then be possible? As long as it is to scale with the other Speed Champions cars...?

The Ford is an exception to the rule of the Speed Champions sets. You can also argue to build 10-wide, because the Ferrari truck from set 75913 is 10 studs wide. :tongue:
But all other cars came in 6-wide, with mudguards not taken into account.
So for better comparability please stick to not strictly six-wide :wink: (see below).

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Mine has a 6 wide body, but with the wheels and wheelcovers, it is close to a total width of 8 :sceptic:

I'd say we go with the scale of this wide majority of Speed Champions sets - and that is six-wide with mudguards and such on top.

Noted. So you do not want me to build a truck :laugh:

20 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

I'd say we go with the scale of this wide majority of Speed Champions sets - and that is six-wide with mudguards and such on top.

Thanks @Holodoc for not quite clarifying this :sweet:

I think I'll just send you a picture of my car so you can tell me if it's ok or not :wink:

On 15.5.2018 at 9:53 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

@Holodoc

I think I'll just send you a picture of my car so you can tell me if it's ok or not :wink:

I haven't received anything yet, but from what you write about your car, it seems to be perfect and within the limitations! :wink:

Sooo... anyone who can help me out by printing a picture on a half decent printer?

My 10 year old laser printer which is low on toner (and produces bonus random black spots all over the page) just doesn't cut it. :blush:

Edited by LegoFjotten

2 hours ago, LegoFjotten said:

Sooo... anyone who can help me out by printing a picture on a half decent printer?

Send me your file and I'll have it printed. PM me about it.

I was thinking that alongside the voting in Billund, we could create a voting thread for the cars on EB too, :sweet:

10 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Send me your file and I'll have it printed. PM me about it.

Do you mind if I do the same? :grin:

9 minutes ago, Bob De Quatre said:

I was thinking that alongside the voting in Billund, we could create a voting thread for the cars on EB too, :sweet:

Do you mind if I do the same? :grin:

Go ahead, send me a PM.

Good idea about voting online, too. Shall this take place while we are in Billund? We could open the topic let's say Sunday and close the voting on Tuesday evening. :excited:

Always fun to build outside the comfort zone .Got mine ready yesterday , a bit stressful since I started yesterday after work when I realized it was the last day I have access to my bricks du to work travels before the event.. 
Wrooooooooom..  Speed build in multiple ways so to speak :-)

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to build, so I'll be just gazing at the awesome stuff you guys will bring!:classic:

1 hour ago, Ecclesiastes said:

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to build, so I'll be just gazing at the awesome stuff you guys will bring!:classic:

I didn’t manage to build something too but awaiting all your entries :) 

But there's still so much time left, you'll both have time to build something! (I've barely started on mine)

On 22.5.2018 at 8:49 AM, Holodoc said:

Go ahead, send me a PM.

Good idea about voting online, too. Shall this take place while we are in Billund? We could open the topic let's say Sunday and close the voting on Tuesday evening. :excited:

I won’t arrive with my car until Monday morning... :cry_sad:

8 minutes ago, L@go said:

When we close the voting on Tuesday evening there should be enough time to gather votes from Monday morning.
Nothing is decided yet, we can still shift the presentation to Monday evening. It will be a busy day though... :look:

Alternatively you can send me a photo of your entry and we add that when open the topic here.

13 hours ago, L@go said:

That's too bad, there was a chance I would have to work Saturday. Which is not the case luckily, but now I probably have to leave early in the morning on Tuesday.:look:

15 hours ago, Holodoc said:

When we close the voting on Tuesday evening there should be enough time to gather votes from Monday morning.
Nothing is decided yet, we can still shift the presentation to Monday evening. It will be a busy day though... :look:

Alternatively you can send me a photo of your entry and we add that when open the topic here.

I would love it if the presentation was shifted. After all, cars is my thang...

I couldn’t provide you with a picture if I wanted - I’m on a weekend concert tour (that’s the reason for not arriving before) and won’t physically be anywhere near my entry until late Sunday evening.

But if it can’t be changed, I’ll live :wink: