Holodoc

Event 2018 Billund building challenge!

Hi there eventees!

It's 42 days to the upcoming event :wub_drool: - so time to start your brains and get your fingers working:

Here is the Billund 2018 building challenge!

This year it's all about sc.jpg

2018-04-14_13.05.59.jpg

So get your bricks and build a car in the limitations of a Street Champion (6 wide, a minifig has to fit inside).
It may be

volvo-xc90-my17-onyxblack-excellence-froor Tamiya-58655-Citroen-2CV-Charleston-M-05or Koenigsegg_One1_Front_02.jpg

as long as it is the LEGO version of a real car. (No country limitations this year :wink: )

Normally the LEGO sets come with a massive amount of stickers. :sick:
Because almost all of us hate stickers, these are NOT allowed in the competition!
All other genuine LEGO parts are allowed.

The Bugatti on the photo above for example would be disqualified while the Hot Rod is perfect.

Questions?

No? What are you waiting for, then? :laugh:

1 hour ago, Peppermint_M said:

What if there are printed parts? :tongue:

:thumbup: (like the hot rod's doors :wink:)

Woho finally something to build again! Now I just need to be very creative since I actually never build a speed champion car... a very good challenge :thumbup:

Sounds cool. So, we build cars at home and bring them with us to Billund for 2018 BILLUND AUTO EXPO? ;)

How many cars are allowed per a builder?

One more question: Do these have to be existing road/race cars in real life or can a Batmobile, KITT , Mach 5 etc be in the speed champion scale? I mean, all of them exist as cars, but they are not exactly "real" in the sense that my Hyundai i30 is real...

3 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

You can not count me in :sweet: :thumbup:

So you not entering? :laugh: 

I won't be a pain, I have a road car to build, so my previous question is moot. :tongue:

19 hours ago, Shurik said:

Sounds cool. So, we build cars at home and bring them with us to Billund for 2018 BILLUND AUTO EXPO? ;)

How many cars are allowed per a builder?

Right! Build them at home and bring them to the event.
You can build as many cars as you like, but only one can be entered in the contest.
So if you build multiples, we want to see them of course! :wink:

17 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

One more question: Do these have to be existing road/race cars in real life or can a Batmobile, KITT , Mach 5 etc be in the speed champion scale? I mean, all of them exist as cars, but they are not exactly "real" in the sense that my Hyundai i30 is real...

There has to be a template for it, so Batmobile, K.I.T.T. etc. are okay. :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

You can not count me in :sweet: :thumbup:

The rules for not building are:

- don't build 6-wide
- don't use real bricks
- don't bring the result to the event

and finally:
- don't have fun!

:grin:

9 minutes ago, Holodoc said:

- don't have fun!

Yay, that's my favorite part of not building :sweet:

Building a car is not my forte, and even less real cars!... But maybe I'll try :classic:

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Building a car is not my forte, and even less real cars!... But maybe I'll try :classic:

I have a feeling that almost none of us would consider building cars their forte so... Please, join us in suffering! :laugh: 

Although allowing movie cars makes this a bit more interesting :look:

4 hours ago, Rolli said:

I have a feeling that almost none of us would consider building cars their forte so... Please, join us in suffering! :laugh: 

Although allowing movie cars makes this a bit more interesting :look:

Very well said!

And yes allowing movie cars is very good since I immediately started to build without even thinking about the "real car" rule.
Also on a side note I already know this car will be a pain in the ... but ... it should be a challenge. :grin:

Building a car is a big challenge for me. I don't remember how many cars I actually built over the years, but it's certainly not more than three. I'm not even sure I have car parts available. I'll do my best to make something presentable (or resembling a car).

With the time given, I believe there is enough time for me to learn how to build a car 6 wide. I hope the competition will be like back in 2007(?) where we raced on the minigolf tracks and such :)

2 hours ago, Lasse D said:

With the time given, I believe there is enough time for me to learn how to build a car 6 wide. I hope the competition will be like back in 2007(?) where we raced on the minigolf tracks and such :)

LEGO House has a couple of just perfect activities to put cars to the test! :)

36660098123_86e5c52e17_z.jpg

37329541661_47c3d67b04_z.jpg

1 hour ago, Bob De Quatre said:

So we can go for any car that "existed", either production cars,  very rare cars or movie cars??

Yep!

15 minutes ago, Henning M. said:

Hi Holodoc

Any age or height/length restrictions?

All the best   Henning M.

Just don't overdo it.

But if you are for example planing to build a "car" like the Bloodhound, there will be other measures of course. :wink:

AR-171029779.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=2017102

This was perfect for my newly made car :D 

Edited by eiker86

Great building contest! Not sure if I can whip something out. I am not too good with MOCs. 

16 hours ago, Holodoc said:

Yep!

Just don't overdo it.

But if you are for example planing to build a "car" like the Bloodhound, there will be other measures of course. :wink:

AR-171029779.jpg&MaxW=622&cci_ts=2017102

Does a Lego car count? I.e. a Lego non-Speed Champions car but made to Speed Champions specs. 

Well I spent a few days planning and got to building! Still working on the body of the car, but my entry will certainly be done.

If we want to arrange a bit of a 'drive in' (or Car Cruise) I think I will build another car, but not an entry, just for fun.