ritztoys

Red High Speed Train

First of all this post is dedicated to the original designer, sheo, who many years ago created this train. The minute I saw it along with the functions that sheo had included, I had to build it.

While searching through and organizing my files in my laptop, I found this train and decided now was the time to build!

All available parts needed to build this creation, I put everything in a large baking pan and nothing falls out. (for my feet to find later)

800x450.jpg

After day 1 of building, I tell my fingers to keep it slow so that I can enjoy the building experience. (the original model uses IR control)

800x450.jpg

Day 2, replaced the IR control with the sbrick

800x450.jpg

Day 3, needed to see how long this creation will become.................long!

800x450.jpg

Day 4, working on prime mover and first coach

800x450.jpg

Day 5, prime mover cab finished and first coach side installed

800x450.jpg

Day 6 ,all cars need to stay together while working on second coach roof

800x450.jpg

Day 7, far side wall of second coach installed, notice interior lighting for passengers!

800x450.jpg

Day 8, second coach wall installed, moving on to third coach and final car roof installed

800x450.jpg

Day 9, interior picture showing operators control panel

800x450.jpg

Day 10, completed model, darn good looking train!

800x450.jpg

Now all you builders familiar with the sbrick know there are four controls available, so I have throttle, light control, and the best part of all is the coach doors open on the third channel of the sbrick! Watching all six doors open (when at a train station) is jaw dropping.

So with all his other creations (sheo), the building experience for this train was just incredible, heck any of his creations are just plain awesome!

I felt very privileged to be able to build such a great creation and add it to my layout.

Edited by ritztoys
grammer correction

Awesome!

Since you had parts neatly packed and prepared, could you share se numbers? This thing look quite massive - how many parts it required? Have you bricklinked it? When I see various MOCes I can't stand but being curious how much it really cost, but people tend not to mention that;)

Edited by Bartosz

17 hours ago, CarrollFilms said:

Very nice build. When can we expect to see some footage of it?

I'd love too, but my phone is controlling the sbrick. Can't film at the same time, I'd be a wreck trying such!

16 hours ago, Bartosz said:

Awesome!

Since you had parts neatly packed and prepared, could you share se numbers? This thing look quite massive - how many parts it required? Have you bricklinked it? When I see various MOCes I can't stand but being curious how much it really cost, but people tend not to mention that;)

There are approximately 1768 elements + or - a few.

The full length is almost 42".

The cost will depend on how many elements you might have in your own supplies, I'd guess this would cost ~ $300 USD via Bricklink prices. (not including the sbrick)

It's so nice to see this train in red livery! Thanks for sharing, Stephen!

I wish I had enough parts to build the new version in red... :classic:

On 4/15/2018 at 2:55 AM, sheo said:

It's so nice to see this train in red livery! Thanks for sharing, Stephen!

I wish I had enough parts to build the new version in red... :classic:

Thank-you sheo, it was pure joy to build. Yes Sir, that would be very attractive having your newest train in Red!

On 4/15/2018 at 8:05 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful train ...the link system between cars looks amazing! :wub:

Great high speed train! :thumbup:

I agree, very pretty train indeed! I'm looking forward to see it running too. Now I'm acquiring r104 size tracks to add to my layout. ( which of course I now need to change anyway :laugh: )

The door/link system is very clever, although handling the train off the track can be scary!

I've since made a combination display stand (wood), which becomes the base of a protective box so that I can take the train to various venues.

On 4/13/2018 at 9:09 PM, CarrollFilms said:

Very nice build. When can we expect to see some footage of it?

I finally had a second phone to take pictures, as the first one controls this train(sbrick)

On 4/20/2018 at 10:28 PM, zephyr1934 said:

Excellent! (please post video of the doors in action, even better with it slowing to a stop first)

Check the attached video, it can go faster! Along with it's brother MD40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9DWm09xldw